Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Sometime in February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

For what they're charging, you could just get a large camera case with pluck foam:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HJTK5Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I have 3 Xwings, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Y-Wings, and an advance with space for all the wave 2 stuff, along with a plano box holding counters/templates.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Winson_Paine posted:

What is the scoop on Battlefoam?

That thing is classy as hell. Can you post a pic of the internal setup?

:spergin: post incoming.

Shot next to 360 controller to show size. It's big.

Opened up - Rulers and 5 templates, rulebooks, and Plano on top level on a thin layer of foam. I removed the eggshell on the right hand side to make more room for the plano. Probably didn't have to, but was pretty tight with it in there.

This is one of the bigger Plano sizes, don't know off the top of my head. But you can see it holds almost everything from 2 core sets, and 1 of every expansion + additional Tie Fighter expansion.

Thin layer of foam removed.

Closeup of ships. The foam is so deep I had to add some back into the plucked sections to make it easier to remove ships.

Closeup of right. I have all ship cards and 2 damage decks, along with the Misc. tokens in that bag. To get an idea of how deep the foam is, each column of stands is stacked 4 high and could hold at least 1 more each without going past the top of the foam.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Bob Smith posted:

I played a 140 point game of this the other day at it seemed the Rebels couldn't make anywhere near enough headway on the Imperials to counteract their numbers. I had 5 TIEs, Vader and a TIE Interceptor with lots of Swarm Tactics versus 2 X-Wings and 2 Y-Wings, loaded to the gills with torpedoes, astromechs, ion cannons, the lot.

The problem card seems to be Swarm Tactics. It allows the Imperials to just focus-fire stuff to death and even make Academy Pilots useful when they're now Pilot Skill 9.

Maybe when the A-Wing comes out things will change. My shopping list for the next wave is 2 A-Wings, another TIE Interceptor (I won one at my local Kessel Run event) and a Falcon.

At 140 points there's no reason the rebel player should have had less than 5 ships.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a pack of new pilots/options without a ship attached at some point. Alternatively, you could always hit up boardgamegeek - I'm pretty sure they have photoshop templates of all ships and you could find or make a homebrew Porkins.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Mordaedil posted:

I saw this in the hobby store the other day.

It looks basically like the Micromachines Star Wars figures which I collected religiously as a kid.

Is this in affiliation with those people who made those or completely remade from scratch? I am so tempted to pick it up if only because I miss my youth playing around with Micromachines. :smith:

No, Micromachines has no involvement.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

tehsid posted:

This makes me happy. Thanks for the reply. I can't wait.

Do we know when the Millenium Falcon comes out?

Mid-late February.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Bow-street Bastard posted:

Hey dudes, me and a buddy were thinking of picking this up and getting a good set together since trying it at a friends house and being totally blown away, was just wondering what you would recommend purchasing to get the most enjoyable start now that the set has been out long enough for wave 2 to hit?

I'd agree that 1 or each expansion should be fine until wave 2 hits. That will give you extra ships + unique pilots/upgrades that the core set doesn't have. Some people recommend 2 cores sets, but it's really only needed if you want extra dice/movement templates/asteroids, and honestly you can buy extra dice and make your own move templates. Strictly speaking each side is supposed to have their own damage deck but I don't think it matters enough to plunk down another $40.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

LumberingTroll posted:

Has there been any mention as to what is coming in the future for this game?

Wave 3 (and that's only a rumor from people who claim to be doing playtesting). Other than that, no.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

ChewyLSB posted:

I was actually thinking what could be in store for the future of this game. In terms of 'famous' starfighters left, there's the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber which makes for an obvious bomber expansion pack. After that, you're pretty much left with EU crap like the TIE Defender or the V-Wing.

I couldn't actually think of any 'big name deluxe' expansion ships like the Millenium Falcon or Slave 1 that they could release.

Capital Ships would be cool too but since the game is to scale they would be ridiculously expensive. It'd be sick to have an 80 point star destroyer though.

There's prequel trilogy ships as well. EU stuff is fine as long as it's neat looking.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

alg posted:

This game is really neat, are they gonna re-print things like A-Wing and TIE Interceptor? I'm not really interested in paying outrageous prices to have a complete set.

Uh, why wouldn't they?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Going to capital scale doesn't gain them anything. The stuff that's in a scale where you can still see a fighter (like X-wings) doesn't have that many recognizable ships in it. Once you scale up to star destroyer there's still only a couple recognizable ships at that scale and they don't have nearly the same "gotta have it" factor of an Xwing or Tie Fighter.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Go big.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HJTK5Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I have a ton of wave 1 and 2 stuff that fits in with room to spare.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

zVxTeflon posted:

How are people in tournaments still flying ships off the map?

Because there's no pre-tournament skill check for players?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Chomp8645 posted:

What I mean is that they're expanding the line too quickly (in my opinion).

It's only a problem if you're OCD about buying stuff. For everybody else it's awesome.

Chomp8645 posted:

And that's not even getting into the burnout potential when they run out of ships that anyone cares about. X-Wing Miniatures is still a fresh game and they're already reduced to some crap called the "Moldy Crow" from the EU (ugh) to fill out the four slots. What they hell are they going to release for wave 4? After wave 3 they will have already exhausted any recognizable ships from the movies. They'll have to go into the prequels or the EU.

Who cares? Everybody knew there were only 10 or so iconic OT. ships. How does the moldy crow devalue the other ships in the line? It's like you're just searching for poo poo to complain about.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

SquadronROE posted:

I've owned the starter set for this for a few months and finally got to break it out and go all out as an Imperial. My god, this game is really, really fun. I just wish a local game store actually played it at some point during the week. Gotta make the rounds to all the FLGS and see.

So I've noticed that I've already lost the 5 movement template, is the only way to get that replacement (and possibly more dice) to grab a new starter set?

Also I have like $50 in Amazon credits. I field both sides, what should I buy? I was thinking about Falcon + Slave I because I love them both. Currently here's what I've got:

2x TIE Fighters (not with the expansion set)
2x X-Wings (one from the expansion)
1x TIE Advanced

There are companies selling replacement templates, but they're usually plastic and about as expensive as just buying another starter set. I'd guess there's a file on BGG that has the 5 template shape so you could just make your own. FFG sells dice packs separately.

Honestly, based on what you have now, I'd say you'd be way better off buying some more small ships. The basics TIEs expansions both have upgrade cards not in the base set, and you don't have a Y-Wing, or Interceptor, or A-Wing. The game really needs 4-5 Imperial ships in a 100pt list to work well.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Depends on how much you plan on buying.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HJTK5Y/ref=oh_details_o03_s02_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crackbone posted:

:spergin: post incoming.

Shot next to 360 controller to show size. It's big.

Opened up - Rulers and 5 templates, rulebooks, and Plano on top level on a thin layer of foam. I removed the eggshell on the right hand side to make more room for the plano. Probably didn't have to, but was pretty tight with it in there.

This is one of the bigger Plano sizes, don't know off the top of my head. But you can see it holds almost everything from 2 core sets, and 1 of every expansion + additional Tie Fighter expansion.

Thin layer of foam removed.

Closeup of ships. The foam is so deep I had to add some back into the plucked sections to make it easier to remove ships.

Closeup of right. I have all ship cards and 2 damage decks, along with the Misc. tokens in that bag. To get an idea of how deep the foam is, each column of stands is stacked 4 high and could hold at least 1 more each without going past the top of the foam.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Lungboy posted:

Does the Tantive IV come with any must-have cards to make it a worthwhile purchase?

Are you playing in tournaments? If not just proxy the upgrade cards.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I have a sneaking suspicion a few of those wave 5 ships will be sold/rewarded to tourney winners at Gencon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Ville Valo posted:

Had one of the clear plastic pegs break off the little clear plastic hole on the bottom of my TIE Bomber. The hole and peg are still essentially fused together. Any ideas for separating them? I'm going to try a Lego Separator when I get home.

I used it as a reason to order another TIE Bomber too, just in case. :3:

Email FFG. They are super liberal on their replacement policy.

• Locked thread