Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yawgmoft posted:

Am I the only person who really loved the StarViper?

I would be pretty happy if they added it. Shadows of the Empire stuff is about the only EU type ships I can stomach. The Outrider would be cool if not somewhat redundant. Maybe some neutral bounty hunter type ships? The houndtooth or something or other I remember was kinda cool looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gonna use the Falcon for the first time later tonight. Was thinking of going Chewy + Nien Nunb + Falcon upgrade

Will prob round out my 100 with Wedge + R2D2 and Arvel the A-Wing guy.

edit nvm cant put R2 on an A-wing

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 18, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The problem with scale capital ships would be that the super star destroyer would still be huge as gently caress and a majority of the alliance ships would still be tiny even compared to a regular star destroyer. You cant even see a corellian corvette next to a SSD. The transport ships are even smaller than that.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My gimmick squad is

Garven Dreis + R2D2 + shield upgrade
Dutch Vander + R5D8 + shield upgrade + ion cannon
Tycho + elusiveness + stealth

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

Maybe you're one of those people who honestly thinks they'll ever run a 5 Y-Wing squad (you won't) but a reasonable collection fits pretty well if you build a TIE train:

The Falcon and Slave I have to live in the Falcon's box though.

:stare:

How many points are you playing with per game with all those TIEs?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow 4 new ships? B-Wing, Tie bomber, ??? Twin pod cloud car? I have no idea.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

In my completely unscientific testing I just rolled 100 dice and got a total of 19 Eye results. Then another 100 and got 29 Eyes. Im bad at math but I dont think thats gamebreaking.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How are people in tournaments still flying ships off the map?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

After looking around at various list I've narrowed it down to two options for Saturday. I have all the stuff for the first list, and I can get the last 2 TIEs I need in time if I order them tomorrow, so I have to decide quick. Any thoughts/comments?

Han Shot First

Han Solo + Marksmanship + Gunner + Chewbacca (58)
Red Squadron Pilot (23)
Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Elite TIEs

Darth Vader + Cluster Missles (33)
Mauler Mithel (17)
Night Beast (15)
Howlrunner (18)
Dark Curse (16)

Everyone is going to be focusing Han esp with no name fighters in your squad. Marksmanship seems kinda meh considering Hans pilot ability and the fact that Focus is nearly the same thing without having to burn another 4 points on an already point heavy ship. I personally would rather take a more defensive setup on my bullet sponge ship. I take Elusiveness + Nien Nunb + Shield upgrade + M Falcon for 54 pts. Thats 4 extra points to put towards another named pilot instead of a red/green squad pilot.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok heres your wave 3 ships.

B-Wing
Tie Bomber
Lambda Shuttle
HWK-290 (Some ship from Dark Forces game)

Pics here

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Some better pics here

Really interested to see how the Shuttle and EU ship play and their pilots.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow...those lambda stats. Thats, really tanky for the amount of points it costs. Wonder what the shuttle ships will be priced at. Any Bwing/Bomber card pics?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im curious to see how people are gonna use the HWK. The stats really leave something to be desired.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gonna play in an upcoming tournament with the following rules.

• Need to have 3 separate 125 pt squad builds
  • No duplicate unique pilots/upgrades within the 3 builds
  • Once you lose you cant use that squad again

Was thinking of using the following:

Garven Dreis - R2 astromech 27
Dutch Vander 23
Red Squad X wing 23
Green Squad A wing - Deadeye, Assault missles 25
Outter rim smuggler 27

Wedge - R2D2 33
Chewy - cluster missiles - nien numb - gunner 52
Rookie X wing 21
Green squad A wing 19

Han Solo - Push the limit - gunner - MF 55
Biggs R2 astromech 26
Rookie Xwing 21
Gold squad Y wing - ion cannon 23

Any thoughts on the lists? The no duplicates rule is kinda throwing me im not used to that rule so Im trying to spread out the heavy hitters.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Do any of you Imperial players with multiple Tie expansions want to offload one of your howlrunner/backstabber/other guy card doubles. I have enough Ties through core sets and would rather toss someone here a couple bucks for their extras than buy another tie i dont need.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Core sets are on clearance for $12 at certain Target stores.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Heres the movement dials for wave 3 confirmed by people at GenCon

Generic HWK cost 16, shuttle 21, both at PS 2

Edit: New card - Flight Instructor-”when defending, you may reroll 1 of your (eye) results. If the attacker's pilot skill value is 2 or lower, you may reroll 1 of your blank results instead.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 15, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I thought they said they weren't doing prequel era stuff.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This one
https://twitter.com/teamcovenant/status/368444539893059584/photo/1

https://twitter.com/thedicetower/status/368429544874590208/photo/1

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It depends on who you're playing with. Just playing with friends I'd say minimum 1 of each expansion/ship just for variety so you dont get bored flying the same squad every game and print out proxies for whatever cards you dont have. If you plan on playing in local tournaments you're gonna need the actual cards instead of printouts and most likely want multiple x-wings/interceptors/tie fighters.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Randarkman posted:

What's the best ting the rebels could field against Interceptors? Wedge with protons can reliably one-shot most imperial ships, and with say R2-D2 you could keep him alive under heavy fire, however that's very expensive and you run the risk of the Empire simply overhwelming your small number of ships, and protons being one-shot make them kind of a wildcard thing. A Y-wing with an ion cannon so far seems a much cheaper solution, immobilize it and then use something to finish it off at point blank.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Best thing against Interceptors is the Falcon. 360 degree firing arc neutralizes their mobility pretty hard.

Luke + Wedge both with push the limit-Engine upgrade-R2 is a strong match up too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Where do you buy foam sheets like that?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wave 3 ships should be hitting stores next week I think.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Has anyone had any luck with small elite squads for Imperials? I was thinking something like this.

Turr Phenir
Stealth Mod, Expose, Push the Limit

Howlrunner
Swarm Tactics

2x Sabre Squadron TIE
Push the Limit

The idea is to let Turr get in close and avoid for arcs while using Expose to get five attack range 1.
Howlrunner is there for obvious reasons and the two Sabre Squads are like mini Vaders.
Any ideas are welcome.

Turr cant take both expose and push the limit. Howlrunner with only two range 1 ships isn't very effective.

I would prob dump the sabers and take Soontir Fel with stealth and push the limit.

With small imperial squads you're gonna wanna shoot first since TIEs are so fragile.

This squad gives you two ships at PS 9 and two at 7

Mauler Mithel - Swarm tactics
Soontir Fel - Push the limit - stealth
Turr Phenir - Veteran Instincts - stealth
Alpha Interceptor

Soontir and Turr go off and do their thing and Mauler flys with the Alpha and try to flank someone at range 1 for 4 attack dice each.

I've also had success with

Turr Phenir - Veteran Instincts - stealth
Soontir Fel - Push the limit - stealth
Mauler mithel - Veteran insticts - stealth
Obsidian TIE - stealth

4 hard to hit ships with 3 of them sitting at PS 9 means you will pretty much always get the first shot off.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 6, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Expose on Wedge can work if you run him with Biggs. Expose on imperials doesn't really work that well.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Picked up 2 of each small ship and 1 Lambda. Cost me about the same as a Corellian Corvette :)

Now to plan new storage for all this poo poo.

My old plano cases weren't cutting it anymore so I just ordered the bigger plano 3952

Was thinking of getting the custom Battlefoam tray and case but its more than I wanted to spend to carry around my plastic spaceship game.

edit: The tie bomber is huge as gently caress

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Interceptors are my favorite ship in the game and I also suck at painting so this rules.

Carnor Jaxs ability :stare:

Holy poo poo the Opportunist talent.

edit: are those new crit icons?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Id settle for a new Y-wing set with a pilot that comes with a friggin elite talent option.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I can't help but laugh when everything collides in a single turn.

At least Arvel dont give no fucks

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I dunno why you wouldn't want to run Kyle Katarn/Jan Ors whenever possible maybe if you're some kind of jerk or somethin

Because they're sooooo expensive (for what they bring) in a 100 pt list.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Madurai posted:

Wait, the Lambda's full stop maneuver is a red? What the hell?

So you cant just line up 3 of them with HLCs on the edge of the board and sit there all game.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilazar posted:

*edit* So quick "sequence" question. Say luke has one hull left, no shields, R2D2 equiped, and executes a green move into an asteroid. When does the R2 shield occur? Before the damage roll or after the damage roll? We 50/50'ed it and the coin ended up with the shield applying before rolling the damage die. Which was good cause it caused a crit that was then eaten by the shield.

But for future reference, how should that have played out?

If its an asteroid, yes you get the shield first then roll for damage.

If its a proximity mine you take the damage from the mine/bomb first then get the shield.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Push the Limit, Stealth, Engine upgrade, Gunner, Shield upgrade...theres a lot of cards that are very likely to be run multiple times in a single tournament list that only come in one specific ship pack.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What the card is trying to say is if someone rolls a hit and crit with autoblaster and you have an evade token, you may ignore the original rule that says "you must cancel hits before crits" and use the evade token to cancel the crit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Couple things I caught.

1) Arvel Crynyd doesn't get an Elite Pilot Talent
2) Garven doesn't get an Elite Pilot Talent either
3) Wedge is listed as having a modification but none of the other X-wings do. All Xwing ships can take ship mods
4) Howlrunner is listed as having a modification but none of the other Ties do. All Tie ships can take ship mods
Rest looks ok.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yes, every ship in the game can take either a Stealth, Engine Upgrade or Shield if they want to.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is the Star Trek game fun at all? I don't see a specific thread for it so I'll ask here. Some of the crew customization looks cool but I cant over how godawful the ships/card art are.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is there an online list builder like this to see all the cards/upgrades?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilazar posted:

If your movement template crosses two different asteroids, OR your movement template crosses one asteroid, AND you land on a different asteroid, will that be 2 damage rolls? Or is it just one overall abstract damage roll?
Edit: only roll once

That would have to be some really terrible flying though I've never seen someone hit two in a single turn. Asteroids have to be placed range 1 apart from each other.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hmm my mistake.

• Locked thread