Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
To be fair your new methods are like the exact opposite of 2003-2007 methods :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

with regards to underweight, I had a chick I enlisted a few days ago, and she was underweight. Tipped our scales at 100 clothed. Of course at MEPs they weigh you in underwear. She ate like 15 bananas the night before she enlisted and weighed in at 103 and passed amazingly. Just anecdotal but whatever.

High sodium and tons of water the day before might work well also.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Secret Spoon posted:

C. Be a complete 360 on their lifestyle.

Dont you mean 180

:goonsay:

I seriously couldn't help it :(

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
It should also be noted that a ton of those "tech" jobs in the military require longer enlistments than 4 years(if this has changed feel free to correct me).

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Haha that actually sounds about right yes

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Your best bet is to talk to the actual CTN here and ignore the people who tell you not to join no matter what its literally hitler!!!!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
6 months to e-4, navy :smug:

this shouldve been a red flag :smith:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

JesusDoesVegas posted:

Jesus Christ, I did not mean to kick off a flame war. Everyone relax.

I asked for VIKs insight because his viewpoint seems common. "Don't join, military is code word for bottom of a bucket of human waste, you'll hate it... But I don't regret it personally." I was just looking for a better articulated explaination, as that view seems contradictory.

Lots of people have differing opinions about it, so its good not to just hear one and take it as the gospel :)

Also we argue all the time about real dumb poo poo ain't no thang

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I got 11 months off of IRR because of DEP, its true

They automatically did it though so who knows v0v

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Christoff posted:

uh I've never once heard of someone getting busted for "BAH fraud." I'm not encouraging marriage or anything but I don't think it's something someone would go out of there way to bust you for. It very well may exist but yeah

Oh it exists budday

My friend married a russian girl as a scam, they scrutinized it pretty heavily tbqh

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Sir Lucius posted:

I always thought BAH fraud was collecting a check for BAH, but then still living in the barracks, or something similar.

That or making a fake lease to keep BAH during deployments usually(used to work pretty well though I guess it depends who sees it I dunno)

I think even a few female sub schoolers got busted for some sort of BAH fraud fairly recently

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

MancXVI posted:

Not EOD, but we have an EOD detachment on aircraft carriers that basically chills in hangar bay one and lifts weights and fucks deck chicks for eight months. They also rappel off the mezzanine and play with robots. Not sure what your secret project is, but good luck selling Army EOD fwiw.

Such an insightful post, Im sure that was all he needed

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Aren't we keeping like 35,000 troops in Afghanistan anyways?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I saw that story awhile back, IIRC he got those while in and was being punished for it or somesuch

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
HCT please frame that + put it up at your recruiting station and take a pic

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Suck your dream's dick man

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

numbs posted:

I got a 42 and I'm wanting to join the Air Force. What jobs would I be able to do? Would I be able to join?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8gNFHlifg&t=3s

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I'm 24 still in college, I'm about 1 year away from an engineering degree but am basically coming to the realization I just don't want to be an engineer. I got something like 77 or 80 when I took the test for the Airforce 2 years ago.

Would I be able to use that test? (I could probably do better now anyways) Also, I almost enlisted 2 years ago but said "gently caress that" when my recruiter flipped the script on me and claimed I had wanted a mechanical job when I had told him several times I didn't want a mechanical job. I wanted to do something like Air Traffic Control.

Will the AF still take me if I try to enlist again? Should I just get a degree in English or some other easy mode poo poo and go for officer training after?

yes, yes

theyll give u that personal satisfaction u desire

go for it and become a brother n arms....

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Just read a psydude post, now close you eyes and imagine that ginger smug gently caress being able to basically own you.

Now open ur eyes and slam your head against a desk if you still think the army is a cool idea

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

I don't particularly care what he does. Just observing that there are more options than 'homeless' and 'the military'.

Also lots of companies love getting employees more education and there are options for having an employer for your schooling depending who you sign on with.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I missed the word pay in my dumb post but yall get me!!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Godholio posted:

What do you call a doctor who graduated last in his class? Captain.

Military doctors have consistently been completely worthless my entire life. When I was a kid dependents actually saw military doctors...I've actually only been to one civilian doctor in my life. The rest were all mil, and all worthless.

what do you call a male with a worthless degree and a superiority complex?

Sir!!! :xd:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I remember in the navy that there were cal shops on the carrier, I think some air rates do it but I don't think you can sign up specifically to calibrate poo poo at all

In the case of submarines its just a collateral duty of course

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

krispykremessuck posted:

I'm not trolling!

hes an alcoholic troll dont take the trollbait...

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

mil doc who does abortions

Mulatto Massacre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

gleep gloop posted:

Uhhhhhh then you won't get nuke or any other cool job.

Why do you think you don't qualify?

nuke is secret!! its not cool either!!

• Locked thread