Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why are so many of the tweets and articles about this making it sound like problem is that the victim wasn’t really a migrant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dr_rat posted:

I assume at least from politics places that will calm down a lot now the NFL is done. She seems to stay very unpolitical, other than occasional get out to vote stuff which won't be until much nearer the election, so MAGA crew will forget about her in a week or two when some new rando come along to take their hate for stupid reasons.

In 2020 she tweeted “we will destroy you” or similar at Trump, so I think the “very unpolitical” phase has been over for a while.

E: found it

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1266392274549776387

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BiggerBoat posted:

I dunno, man. The FBI used to keep files on popular celebrities like John Lennon, Muhammad Ali, Jimi Hendrix, Jackie Robinson and all kinds of folks with the lens that they were subversives or whatever.

I think it’s important to note that the FBI did not do that in order to have those people make leftist movements more successful, exactly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I never read the book that Total Recall is from: is it satire, or did Verhoven reinterpret that material as well?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Lone Badger posted:

It’s… kinda weird. ‘We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” is a parody of Total Recall, despite being written first.

Well that’s a compelling pitch, tbqh.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Levantine posted:

Jesus, was that only 2016? It feels like a lifetime ago now.

It was, in some ways.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

30-50 fickle hogs

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sax Mortar posted:

What does this even mean? Stand up to keep things as they are and don't dream of things getting better because that's actually a nightmare?

It means he got a word wrong, utopia/dystopia.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Given the resources, Card would likely be just as detrimental to the world as Rowling is. He’s a better writer, at least.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BiggerBoat posted:

When was the last time you heard a CHUD bitching about interracial marriage

The last time one was featured on a national TV ad campaign, probably.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

drat, I would not have predicted the Bee going for that joke

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OgNar posted:

But if it was empty and unused why would someone let $200k in rent build up.

Was he bound by a lease?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I totally missed out on BBR—what government building did they forcibly occupy?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought the reason she got fired is because she was being very openly anti-Semitic and reposting/liking really heinous anti-Jewish memes

I think the breaking point was when she pointed out somewhere that maybe Israel didn’t need to murder so many Palestinian civilians in cold blood.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fuckin’ get ‘em, Bankston

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m sure there are fathers who would abusively prosecute their kids if they had a chance!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of math, Hannity and a few others like to extrapolate the number of people killed in the Hamas Israel attack by saying it would be the % population equivalent of like 40,000 dead Americans. But it got me wondering what 33,000 dead people in Gaza would amount to if they did the same trick. Naturally, none of them have run the numbers that way. Let's just do this USA Math to make an already horrible attack seem even bigger!

Can you imagine how pissed they’d be if the US military killed 40,000 Americans? I see their point!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Morroque posted:

Rumour is they're not even bankrupt. They might just be doing it to avoid litigation from all the election workers they defamed.

how would this protect them from litigation?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Antigravitas posted:

See Alex Jones for reference. He still hasn't paid anything despite losing all lawsuits.

I don’t get this

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It won't, but it will delay having to pay out whatever judgments follow.

but this matches my understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s a biblically-accurate Republican family.