Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

It's the opposite of illegally Hispanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

quote:

Later, Richards had to confirm that Planned Parenthood raked in 127 million dollars "in excess of revenue" last year, while dramatically reducing the number of "additional services" it provides. Now, I'm no economist, but I'm pretty sure "excess" revenue is the same as profit. So today we learned -- although some of us have known it for years -- that the "non-profit" tax funded Planned Parenthood actually earns over 100 million dollars of profit. Only in the nightmarish fantasy land of pro-abortion propaganda could 127 million dollars in profit equal no dollars in profit. I wonder, precisely at what point does profit become profit? Could Apple call itself non-profit by this logic? Is Microsoft a charity? Is McDonald's really nothing but a philanthropic endeavor? If a company can make nine figures in profit and still be non-profit, haven't we effectively destroyed the meaning of the term?

I think this is my favorite part. He completely fails to understand what "non-profit" means, and apparently thinks that a non-profit isn't allowed to have revenues exceed expenditures.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
Let's be fair to Trump here. It's entirely possible to read his statement not as inviting the assassination of Hillary Clinton, but rather as inviting the assassination of the judges she nominates.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know he was. In no way am I suggesting he's any less narcissistic now than he's always been. He can throw the election and do so for the most narcissistic reason: Fame and money and prestige.

But Dr. Faustus, do you really believe that a man would be willing to forever surrender his moral integrity for such temporal benefits as money and power?

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I got to thinking though. Hunter pled guilty and, like most plea deals, got a lighter sentence for it. He's also the son of the President of the United States so let's not delude ourselves here into thinking that he's not going to be treated differently than you or I and with a more gentle hand regarding these things.

This is actually the opposite of what happened. The tax charges in particular are significantly more severe than what ordinary people would face. The IRS almost never pursues criminal charges for people who pay their taxes late. They just hit you with civil fines. It's pretty likely in this case that they felt they had to charge Hunter to avoid the appearance that they were going easy on him.

(It didn't work. It's hard to imagine that any penalty short of a firing squad would have satisfied right wing commentators.)

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I honestly don't know but how was the NEW Testament received at the time? Seems like an attack on the normal, run of the mill regular old satisfied Word of God we were all used to. But maybe it needed to be updated to include more guns and tiny american flags.

They executed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
I've heard that joke with Teddy Roosevelt.