Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

LonsomeSon posted:

are you loving joking, you wouldn't describe the insurrection which we all knew was going to happen on that day because it publicly and widely broadcast itself all over the internet and resulted in thousands of clueless but violent motherfuckers being allowed to just gently caress around all day by obvious pig co-operation as being organized in any way, just because CHUDs are stupid and didn't have a follow-through?

Dude's name is "Republicans" so the post is on brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

is TheDonold site still up and active or have they tried to """"behave""""" themseleve with the spotlight on them? or have they torn themseleves apart spyhunting each other?

I think TheDonald was shut down shortly after Biden took office (though I'm not going to bother to check because I don't want it in my browser history). Potentially done to "remove all evidence" - I think I remember seeing that a lot of this stuff is being posted from archives and whatnot.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Piell posted:

This is 100% an attempt to get out of paying out his lawsuits by transferring his money to other shell companies (the Sandy Hook families are already suing him for doing so), he is not actually bankrupt

Not yet bankrupt.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

Does that work?

Why is he being sued in Texas, anyway? Isn’t there a more appropriate venue?

He's also being sued in Connecticut, I believe.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

After The War posted:

It's the exact opposite of a short length video a video of extremely reasonable length (don't check the time code), but Some More news did an episode recently that's probably the best Peterson examination I've seen yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNWkRw53Jo

Part of the reason it's so long reasonably lenghthed is that they tried to avoid doing short clips of him that people could say are taken out of context. It's not long chunks of Petersonian drivel, but they include the parts before and after whatever thing of his they'll be referring to.

Plus Some More News is extremely funny.

This was possibly the best feature length film reasonable youtube length video I've seen this year.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Vichan posted:

Does he literally think 'mishandling documents' means 'leaving them on the floor?'

"They keep saying I have tiny hands, and then they say I mishandled all these documents! How could I have handled them at all? And then mishandled? Can't even keep their story straight"

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Levantine posted:

My next door neighbor already has a Trump 2024 sign up in his yard with the slogan "Take America Back" which is only slightly terrifying given how this year started (edit: time is meaningless so I thought Jan 6 was this year). We are in for some bad times in the short term no matter what happens. Regular people aren't going to give up on Trump so easily.

I saw one earlier that said "Trump 2024: I'll Be Back" because we want the terminator to be the president, but only if he has bone spurs.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Well Desantis is certainly continuing to Desantis all over the place.

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1570383143936446467

I haven't seen how the RWM has responded to this yet, but I'm assuming it's going to be along the lines of "now they get to see what it's like to get ILLEGALS just showing up!"

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Also:

https://twitter.com/ReichlinMelnick/status/1570231964497776649

Essentially it was a windowless van advertising free candy used to trick frightened people into going along with them.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Bold strategy. Break the law, say it all rolls up to Biden because he's the President, have him arrested.

Why no, this doesn't apply when there's a republican in the office.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Devor posted:

The old reverse-Nixon: If the president does it, it's illegal.

If the president does it, it's legal. If the president lets someone else do it, it's illegal.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

They see immigration as contamination of the purity of the nation and the race, but they also see New York and Massachusetts as contamination of the purity of the nation and the race. That’s why it makes intuitive sense to them to treat another state like a hostile foreign power.

Which is also funny because their populations are increasing at a faster rate than New York/MA and resulting in more electoral votes. Sending more people up north means the populations up there grow faster and therefore they don't lose (and potentially gain) said votes.

Flawless victory.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was one of the ones who thought the GOP was going to win big too and while maybe I shouldn't have been convinced it was inevitable, I don't think it was an insane thing to believe.

Considering how hard Republicans went on the culture war bullshit (especially after Roe being overturned) to see that the polls were saying that a lot races were close was I thought a bad sign. I saw it as meaning that the Republicans being batshit crazy wasn't hurting them, and combined with the fact that they were more or less the only ones addressing high food and gas prices (even if everything they would do would make it worse) while Dems were just saying "Democracy is on the ballot!" seemed like it would doom them.

That said, I think every race where the polls showed a clear winner turned out about how everyone expected them to. Like, Vance won Ohio, DeSantis won in Florida, Hochul crushed Zeldin, etc., because those were races where the winner was always showing a massive lead that was essentially insurmountable barring something crazy. There were a lot of 1-3% point races that well, as we're seeing, essentially could have gone either way because they were within the margin of error. So the problem I had, at least, was just looking at the poll results and seeing, say, Oz with a 0.8% lead over Fetterman and saying "It's over." Well, it wasn't. Because while the race was definitely close, the margin of error exists and the race always had the possibility of going either way, so it was presumptive to just assume "whoever the polls show is ahead will win." At least, I don't think there's been any races where a candidate who was polling massively behind suddenly jumped out to be the winner, but I dunno every race.

I think the other problem was I was looking at polling averages and assuming they were correct too. While averages are useful for sure, potentially more than individual polls, one or two bad polls can throw off the average and make races look closer than they are. I know Trafalgar is the biggest offender here, which had wildly inaccurate polls that showed Republicans ahead by massive numbers in some areas, as well as making races that weren't even close look very close (I think they had Lee Zeldin up by like 1 point or something a couple of weeks ago and there was literally no way Zeldin was ever that close, every other poll showed Hochul ahead by double digits).

But yeah, I am genuinely surprised the Dems did this well, since at the moment it looks like they will probably hold the Senate (Georgia going to a runoff looms large though) and it isn't even impossible for them to keep the House (even if it might only be by one seat), since the Dems honestly deserved a repeat of 2014's midterm results. I'm no fan of them, I just hope that they actually try to accomplish things and keep some promises, my big worry is they're just going to go "Sweet so saying the Republicans are going to destroy democracy is a ticket to victory, we can just relax until 2024."

To come back around to the thread title though, I am especially looking forward to drinking Sean Hannity's delicious tears on his show tomorrow.

A runoff likely favors Warnock in Georgia, like it did last time, thanks to no other big elections to bring people out and people being lukewarm on Walker to begin with.

In order to be able to hold important things, like continuing to be able to appoint federal judges and whatnot, the dems will need to hold on to the rest of the seats, with Nevada seemingly heading red (negating Fetterman's win in PA). Hopefully nothing dumb as hell happens in AZ in the meantime.

I honestly hate rooting for the democrats though, but definitely this is the preferred result.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Also when enough people on the right respond to "please help me" with "bless your heart" or "gently caress off and bootstrap. I mean have you tried just not being depressed?" you start interacting more and siding more with people who will listen.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Aren't they mad zelensky came to the white house or whatever dressed like he just got back from the gym?

Man who lives in active warzone doesn't travel in Trump brand suits. :bahgawd:

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Travic posted:

It just blows my mind. My brain has just been in divide by zero ERROR mode since he said that. How can someone possibly think that is reasonable, correct, or defensible?

"We were ruled by a tyrant from England and rebelled to get away from those tyrannical and evil laws! We had no choice on slavery before then!"

Somehow ignoring that once we were able to make our own choice it was "oh yeah lets keep that" - also that no one was forced to have slaves.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

So now he's arguing that the government should get involved in private religious schools huh?

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Framboise posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1641620245273034756?t=gQiJUtok5MdmgfBm-JdNYA&s=19

Lindsey Graham crying for people to give more money to Trump.

The grift train never stops, baybeeeeeeee :lol:

He's spent more money on lawyers than most people do on campaigns because he fund raises to pay for lawyers instead of campaigns.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
You all ready for the newest grift based on the latest fake controversy?

https://twitter.com/sethweathers/status/1646166561919492099

Only $35 (including shipping) to get a 6-pack of 4% beer. Owning the libs is an expensive habit.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Vichan posted:

20 dollars for a sixpack?

Plus shipping!

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh, was that the guy that was caught on camera casually walking by and spraying homeless people with bear spray?

According to the article it wasn't exactly "casually walking by" while doing it. Apparently back in November he actually opened up a tent that was closed, sprayed the man in it, and told him to get out of the city.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
"Desalination is absurdly cheap" says the billionaire who hasn't figured out a way to turn that into profit despite water shortages worldwide.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Murgos posted:

Does Sam Adams count as mass market beer? Most people here in beantown drink some crafty IPA but Sam’s still common enough. Not an InBev company though AFAIK.

Boston Beer Company is not owned by anyone else. Has other brands in there like Dogfish Head and such.

They are constantly trying to "fight" to be not the in same category as the other large producers, but they're essentially a mass market beer. They're a higher quality mass market beer though.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
It was great to head to twitter and see #DeSaster trending. That's a good sign for his campaign and for twitter right?

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Of course something that could be potentially useful (use AI to see how you might look with these clothes before buying them!) is used specifically to let men make women look how they want them to.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

OgNar posted:

"People who don't speak languages. We have languages coming in to our country, nobody that speaks those languages. They're truly foreign languages. Nobody speaks them"

https://i.imgur.com/HdVM2P2.mp4

Is this based on that story about one girl who only spoke Quechua a couple years ago who people originally thought was mute until someone...spoke Quechua to her? Meaning someone spoke it, but it wasn't spanish so "oh no no one speaks it!"

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Gyges posted:

No, it absolutely is not based on a single verifiable instance that actually happened and your favorite president's bigly smart brain remembered on the spot. It's based on him not understanding what someone said one time and deciding that it was an unknown language and not his brain failing to parse an accent.

...okay? I was saying he likely heard the thing that one and remembered it so badly because he didn't bother to actually listen that it's now to the point where every single person speaks some never heard of language.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

TGG posted:

I worked long enough at a butcher shop to know that most people have no idea what the gently caress gluten is and do not seem to even care. Yes, all of our pork is gluten free. Yes all of our chicken is gluten free. Yes we only have gluten free steaks behind the counter. Again, there is no gluten in that swordfish.

And I've had celiac long enough (aka forever) to know what places to avoid.

"This is gluten free, but it shares a fryer so is a little gluten fine?"

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

What does this even mean? Stand up to keep things as they are and don't dream of things getting better because that's actually a nightmare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Oh no Rob Schneider is being canceled.