Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Count Freebasie posted:

The lunatics are certainly running the asylum at this point, and any movement of them coming back to reality will be a painfully slow one since there seems to be more and more dissonance in the group.

At this point, I don't think they know what they stand for, they only seem to agree on certain things they stand against: Obama, taxes, Muslims, atheists, and the usual right wing targets. Getting them to agree on what their objectives are? Good luck.

That video I posted pretty much says it all. You have two of the conservative movement's most visible (and risible) media figures, arguing with each other about taxes being raised on rich people, and one of them tells the other "You sound like Obama!" simply because she dares to suggest that the Republicans accept this particular battle as lost and regroup and refocus; because otherwise they'll just confirm in peoples' minds that they are the party of the rich, and they'll keep losing voters because of it. It truly boggles the (rational) mind that they're even arguing about this.

E:

beatlegs posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but are they agreeing, seriously agreeing, that taxes should be raised only on rich liberals? And like, how would that work?

I don't think it's that so much as they are echoing Bill Kristol's statement from a short while back that the Republicans shouldn't "fall on [their] sword" over raising taxes on rich people, because (in his estimation) half of the rich people in America are liberal Hollywood types anyways.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

It's just viral marketing for that new FX series "The Americans". :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSLiJYzxrE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I don't think we've discussed this one here yet, but remember when we were recently having a good chuckle at Ann Coulter's expense, because she was demoralized and telling Sean Hannity "We lost the election!" And how she was showing a rare flash of sanity because she said that since Republicans are going to get blamed either way, they should go ahead and go along with Obama on the tax increases because it'd at least be good PR? Fear not, as our favorite skeletal embodiment of hate has made a true return to form. :v:

quote:

Republicans looking to reach out to Latinos may want to avoid the advice of Ann Coulter.

The conservative pundit penned a column Wednesday in which she lashed out at the “deluge of unskilled immigrants pouring into the country” and portrayed Latinos as a lazy “underclass” looking for a government handout. Coulter titles the piece “America Nears El Tipping Pointo,” presumably to make a virtue of her ignorance of the Spanish language.

quote:

Coulter implies in her piece that non-whites are “nitwits who deserve lives of misery and joblessness.” She singles out immigrants from Latin America as particularly “nitwitty,” saying they have too many babies out of wedlock, without citing a published source for the assertion. Nearly half of undocumented-immigrant households -- 45 percent -- consisted of a spouse or cohabiting couple with one or more children, compared to 34 percent of legal immigrants and 21 percent of the U.S. born, according to a 2010 Pew Hispanic Study.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

beatlegs posted:

I seriously think she has a psychological problem that makes her unable to discern how far is too far when making a joke. I think a lot of conservatives have this problem. There is no dividing line between their sense of humor and their bigotry. It all just kind of runs together.

Until I saw how depressed and demoralized she was on Hannity's show, I would have totally bought that Coulter (along with a bunch of other conservative pundits) just says whatever outrageous thing that comes into her mind purely because she knows the right-wing lunatics she panders to will eat it up, no matter how ludicrous it is. After seeing that, though, I'm not quite so sure anymore.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

beatlegs posted:

Sure she comes from a vile place, but she has to function in the real world, so she justifies it by fancying herself a "right wing Mark Twain" or whatever.

It's more like the Republican party is James Fenimore Cooper, and she's one of the people Twain quotes as defending him. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Spacedad posted:

Anyone who ever once considers comparing themselves or anyone else to Mark Twain is an egotist of the lowest form or an absolute dolt.

Also - Hell, Clemens could practically be talking about hacks like Coulter and their audience in this quote:

And furthermore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCW9xmamzQ

Did Coulter ever compare herself to Twain? I don't recall reading anything where she did, but then I also wouldn't put it past her or any other Republican pundit. Especially as they like to ignore poo poo that doesn't support their worldview, so Twain and his opinions on politics, government, and religion would be right up their street. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Crasscrab posted:

I love how conflicted the right has become between wanting to win elections and wanting to continue hating brown people. :allears: It's Sophie's Choice!

Amazingly enough, they're also starting to become conflicted about, of all things, gay marriage.

On the one hand, you have Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia doing his best to offend gay people:

quote:

The Supreme Court justice was visiting Princeton University on Monday to discuss his latest book when a college freshman, who identifies as gay, asked Scalia about the comparison he has drawn between laws banning sodomy with those barring bestiality and murder.

“If we cannot have moral feelings against or objections to homosexuality, can we have it against anything?” Scalia said in response to the question, according to The Daily Princetonian. “I don’t think it’s necessary, but I think it’s effective.”

Scalia told Princeton student Duncan Hosie that he is not equating sodomy with bestiality or murder, but drawing parallels between the bans.

Scalia added dryly, “I’m surprised you weren’t persuaded,” the student newspaper reported.

Hosie's question -- which received a round of applause -- stemmed from a 2003 case, Lawrence v. Texas, which struck down a Texas anti-sodomy law. Scalia had dissented in the case; in his dissent, he makes a couple of comparisons to laws against bestiality and declares, "nowhere does the Court’s opinion declare that homosexual sodomy is a 'fundamental right.'"

And on the other hand, here's Glenn Beck actually saying something reasonable:

quote:

"Let me take the pro-gay marriage people and the religious people," he said. "I believe that there is a connecting dot there that nobody is looking at, and that's the Constitution."

He then noted: "The question is not whether gay people should be married or not, the question is why is the government involved in our marriage?"

It's not the first time the author and former Fox News host has expressed a less-than-rigid view of same-sex marriage. In 2010, Beck told Bill O'Reilly that he didn't believe allowing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) couples to tie the knot posed much of a threat to the country.

Beck even quoted Thomas Jefferson in his argument: "If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference is it to me?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

max4me posted:

I always wonder why fox news doesnt gay bash. It seems a much softer target than blacks, forgieners, women or Communists.

I wonder if its because there are gays in their ranks, or because gay bashing cant be cloaked or framed in abstract terms or language.

Maybe since they are business they have been told not to hurt that. Market.

They most certainly do, and it most certainly can be cloaked, in the same way they cloak all the other bashing they do of various religious/ethnic/liberal groups and causes: as being an "attack" on "traditional American values".

Just because they don't come right out and say "queers deserve to burn in HELL" doesn't mean they don't dance around and hint at it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Seoinin posted:

I'm actually kinda stunned there hasn't been more right wing media outreach to the Good Homosexuals, i.e. white middle class folks. The intersection between "hateful shithead" and "gay" must have some money to tap into.

As it is, they can barely reach anyone that isn't a rich white Christian male these days. Asking them to cater to the filthy Godless sodomites on top of insisting they also do "outreach" to blacks, Hispanics, women, young people, and poor people? That's pushing things just a bit too far, you know. :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Tarantino's never struck me as racist, but rather someone who just wants his films to have a lot of street cred via realistic-sounding dialogue (though I will grant he does go over the top with that, so it's probably a moot point). The characters of Jules and Jackie Brown pretty convincingly shoot down any "Tarantino's a racist" arguments to me, because neither of them act in any real stereotypical fashion or in a way that consistently panders to a bigoted white person's view of black people. Jules in particular, as he gets some very choice dialogue that shows there's more to the guy than just being a Jheri-curled hitman.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I've bitched about S.E. Cupp here before, but my heart went out to her on MSNBC just now. She was trying to talk about the CT school shooting to a child psychologist just after Obama's emotional press conference, and you could tell she was just close to losing it and breaking down crying, her voice cracked at least a couple of times. :smith:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I'm still shaking my head at the knowledge that the man who owns Fox News has called for more gun control. Ailes must have literally shat his pants when he saw that tweet. :stare:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I should clarify that it's not so much I'm surprised that Murdoch holds those views, because after all he is a person who's spent most of his life living and working in a couple of different countries that have pretty strict gun control laws. It's more that I'm surprised that he would tweet that, knowing full well his right-wing propaganda machine here in the USA holds a view so opposite as to be actively hostile to the message their boss was tweeting. That's why I think Ailes must have drat near had a coronary when he saw the guy who gives him his marching orders tweet a variation on "we need to have stricter gun control laws", because it's the complete opposite of what his talking heads are routinely spouting.

And Turnbull was right on the money; if Murdoch directed Ailes to change Fox News' message about gun control overnight, you would suddenly see a rash of Republican politicians clamoring for more stringent gun controls. Of course, you'd also see Fox News' ratings go into the toilet as their conservative audience abandons them in droves, which is why it'll never happen.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 16, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not entirely convinced Ailes would listen to him at this point. There was a good article written last year about Ailes, his relationship with Murdoch, and the history of him at FOX News, and it seems like Ailes has more power at the network now than Murdoch does. Ultimately Murdoch doesn't care about the Republican Party other than that they are working towards his interests of making more money.

Well, we have to keep in mind that Ailes may run the network, but Murdoch owns it, and Ailes and everyone else there ultimately serves at Murdoch's pleasure. If Murdoch suddenly woke up one day and decided that Fox News was going to make MSNBC look like The Joe McCarthy Celebration Station, there wouldn't be much Ailes could do about it beyond resigning in protest.

With that said, of course nothing remotely like that is ever going to happen, for precisely the reason you stated. You're 1000% correct in that Murdoch is perfectly happy to let Fox News be what it is as long as it makes him money, and random tweets aside, Murdoch knows that if his network's talking heads suddenly started advocating for more stringent gun laws, it'd be the beginning of the end for Fox News.

Hell, as it is, Fox News has already been catching flak from the ultra-hardcore conservative base for stuff like Kristol saying we should raise taxes on the rich, Hannity's "evolved" views on immigration, and of course not immediately reporting that Obama "stole" the election on Election Night; with people saying that FN isn't "conservative enough" and considering them to be a bunch of RINOs and so forth. If they suddenly took a pro-gun control stance, it'd send their ratings into a tailspin from which it would never recover, and Murdoch certainly knows that. That's what made his tweet all the more baffling, because he has to know that rival news organizations are going to gleefully use it against them, especially at a time when Fox News (and its' pandering to conservatives) is coming under a lot of attack from both the left and the right as being one of the biggest reasons why Republicans did so badly on Election Night.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I'm reading through the gun control discussion thread and though I don't have a link to any video or anything, a couple of posters have commented that even some of the conservative Sunday discussion panelists on Fox News were calling for increased gun controls, so I dunno what the gently caress anymore. I've been in bed most of the day due to a nasty cold, so maybe this is all just part of a Nyquil-induced fever dream. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
What was going on while the NRA was taking us back to the 1990s? Oh, not much:

quote:

But before they could finish their sentence, the counterargument made itself as news broke of a mass shooting event in Pennsylvania with multiple casualties, including state troopers.

According to local reports out of Blair County, at least four people were killed and five more were injured in a shooting spree near Altoona. The gunman is said to be among the dead, and at least two state troopers were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

WPXI's Courtney Brennan says she was told by emergency officials that the shooting suspect "was 'mobile' at one point and went up and down a rural road and shot victims."

No additional information is available at this time, but a spokeswoman told the Altoona Mirror it was "a relatively large crime scene."

Meanwhile, back at the NRA press conference, LaPierre was blaming anything and everything for the Sandy Hook massacre except guns.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

If the 3 state troopers that got shot had an armed security guard travelling with them, this could have been prevented!

Clearly we need to put an armed, concealed carry certified schoolteacher with every policeman. This will solve the problem of lunatics, fired up by violent music videos, shooting police officers! :pseudo:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

A: Hardball still exists?

Not only does it still exist, the same episode gets shown twice in a three-hour span (once live at 5 PM, then a re-run of the 5PM edition at 7 PM), for those who just can't get their fill of Chris Matthews yelling at someone. :v:

quote:

B: As I said earlier, I would love to know how these small government conservatives would pay for the massive increase in spending that arming, training, and supplying 7.2 million teachers would cost.

Clearly the answer is to move the oversight of teachers out from under the Department of Education and over to the Department of Defense. :911:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
To me, if you want the best example of just how out of touch the NRA is, look no further than the fact that not only did they cite the same video games and movies they like to cite after every mass shooting since Columbine, but they also cited music videos.

Music videos. Yes. Clearly there are too many violent, degrading music videos on MTV nowadays. Why, I can't remember the last time I turned on MTV and wasn't confronted with thousands upon thousands of horribly violent music videos. If there's one thing you can't say, it's that MTV doesn't play music videos anymore. :rolleyes:

The only way the NRA could have sounded any more like old people railing against poo poo they know absolutely nothing about is if they'd also have blamed "those dadgum Rob Liefeld comic book characters" for gun violence.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Spacedad posted:

I'll get right on that.

I think my favorite part was how after he blamed fictional violence for creating an immoral culture where people blur fiction with reality, he stated, 'the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun' like he was describing the plot of some children's cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians TV show from the 50s.

Why not? After all, it worked so well at Columbine! :downsgun:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

wixard posted:

Do you think we can interpret this "press conference" to mean that the NRA's #1 lobbyist has been in all the major Republicans' offices trying to get them to say this poo poo for the last week? And that they all essentially told him "If you think that poo poo will fly, you go on TV and say it, we'll agree with you if everyone else does."

That's a good point; apart from how poorly their candidates did in the election, there's no truer sign of how irrelevant the NRA is starting to become than how silent Republicans have been in regards to gun control in the wake of the most recent shootings. They might as well have argued for arming each individual student while they were at it today.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 22, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Away from guns for a moment, let's check in and see how our pals at News Corporation are doing:

New York Business Journal posted:

News Corp. said the publishing business that it plans to spin off next year had a $2.08 billion loss in its fiscal 2012, due to a decline in ad sales and the costs of its U.K. phone hacking scandal.

The division posted a profit of $678 million in 2011, News Corp. said in a filing Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to separate its publishing and entertainment businesses into two publicly traded companies.

The Rupert Murdoch-controlled company took a $224 million charge due to legal fees associated with the U.K. scandal and a $151 million restructuring charge, mostly from the closure of News of the World, the U.K. newspaper at the heart of the phone hacking scandal, reported Bloomberg News.

There are also still phone hacking-related trials looming for News Corp., so there may yet be further untold fallout (both legal and financial) still to come.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Maddow said the NRA just Rickrolled everyone today. :laugh:

E: And now O'Donnell's delivering a very damning indictment of LaPierre and the NRA, pointing out how LaPierre hasn't called for armed guards in other shooting sites where kids were killed, like movie theaters or supermarket parking lots.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 22, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

It was a guest host, not Matthews, amazingly. Crooks and Liars has a video clip of the utterly surreal interview.

Oh yeah, I saw it earlier during the 7PM repeat. I was more referring to Chris Matthews yelling at people in general. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
The best Piers Morgan moment ever was when he appeared on the UK news panel show "Have I Got News For You", acted like a high-and-mighty poo poo, and was completely baffled as to why everyone seemed to be laughing at him when all three of the other panelists kept making jokes at his expense. At one point, he snapped at fellow panelist Clive Anderson (former "Whose Line is it Anyway" host and former barrister) "What do you know about editing newspapers?", to which Anderson quickly replied "About as much as you do." :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Spacedad posted:

It's seriously about loving time Hannity lost his audience visibly. That insufferable hack has been irrelevant and worthless for years.

Just to follow up on this, here's a link that another goon posted in the Republican rebuilding thread, about how Maddow and O'Donnell are still beating Hannity and GVS in the ratings. :buddy:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Spacedad posted:

No doubt post-election fallout, but this last year was also Fox's best year ever for ratings and revenue.

I like to think that the 'fever broke' because of how hard Romney lost, thereby disillusioning a lot of Fox viewers - but I suspect it will creep back up.

...The ratings will creep back in...like a pale man who lurks in the bushes near the old folks home and screams about 'communist nazi birth cert secret gay muslims taking are chick-fil-a freedom guns' who steals away the brains of your grandparents and relatives when you're not there.

I think there will always be a fairly sizable contingent of viewers that refuses to believe that Fox News is broadcasting anything but the unvarnished truth.

With that said, however, I also think a lot of FN viewers have become disillusioned as a result of Obama's re-election. Either they're disillusioned because some of the scales fell from their eyes and they realized Fox News was just telling them whatever they wanted to hear in order to get ratings; or else they're disillusioned because FN has revealed themselves to be just another bunch of RINOs, and thus is no longer "conservative enough" for them (because FN caved in and announced that Obama had been re-elected, instead of immediately reporting the "truth" that Obama stole the election, voter fraud was committed on a massive scale, voters were forced at gunpoint by Black Panthers to vote for Obama, and so on).

Of course, I highly doubt these people suddenly decided "well, might as well start watching that Maddow now" or anything like that. It's likely that they've just quit watching cable news altogether, and decided to either just stick to their local news networks, or else (in the case of the hardcore nutjobs) they've decided to seek out like-minded "real" conservative news sources on the Internet.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
So on the one hand I'm reading about how Chris Wallace grilled Wayne LaPierre over some of the NRA's more outlandish claims re: gun control, even going so far as to say (though not in so many words) that the NRA was deliberately misleading the public; and on the other hand, apparently Ann Coulter went on a tirade on Hannity's show regarding Obama's planned "extermination" of 2nd Amendment rights.

Am I reading too much into this, or does the left hand literally not know what the right hand is doing at Fox News anymore? I can't imagine they would have splintered this much on the gun control front on purpose, with one of their people grilling the head of the NRA about their "ridiculous" (Wallace's term) ad featuring Obama's daughters, while another of their people continues to push the NRA's message that Obama is coming for ARE GUNS.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Watching MSNBC, most of them rightfully criticized Rubio for the lovely, low-content, rehashed-Romney-talking-points speech he gave...though there were several moments where a host couldn't help but make a crack about or show a clip of Rubio's desperate need for water. Maddow in particular had a bit of a field day with it; at one point she had a segment where she was drinking out of several different bottles of water, claiming she was "hydrating", not "drinking water" (though she was using it not so much as a direct attack on Rubio, as she was criticizing the Congressional Republicans' tendency to use double-speak).

I didn't get to see the entire show, so I don't know if it was running throughout, but at one point I saw that she had a little clip of Rubio's desperate lunge for water playing on repeat at the bottom left of the screen. :laugh:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

PeterWeller posted:

Also, I think LaPierre was thinking about the South Bronx, but got his boroughs mixed up because he is an idiot. When I think of roving gangs of looters in Brooklyn, I think of the cast of Girls knocking over a vintage vinyl store.

Bedford Ave. was awash in blood after the hoarded supplies of skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors finally ran out. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Holy poo poo, these people are loving brain dead.

I mean seriously, absolutely no thinking is going on whatsoever here. A Tea Party politician got caught sending out a horse-loving video, so we have to support our fellow patriot by sending out more horse loving videos? :psyduck:

It's the "we must hang together, or we will surely hang separately" mentality. By doubling down on whatever lunatic thing one of their members says or does, they think it will present a unified front that will one day sweep them into power over both the executive and legislative branches. Pissing off all but the most delusional of voters doesn't even register as a consideration in their minds.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I suspect Miller's real reason for change was "because there was a pile of money just waiting to be made by jumping on the Fox News gravy train". Which he should have gone with since he would likely have received praise from other conservative pundits for supporting the free market, rewarding success, etc. :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Mr Interweb posted:

Holy crap, I was just browsing Sean Hannity's twitter feed, and his audience has gone absolutely ballistic on Benghazi:

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/322882658784927745

The tweet had nothing to do with Benghazi by the way.

That's amazing, it's like the same three or four people calling him a sellout because they stopped reporting on Benghazi. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO COVER UP FOR OBUMMER, FOX NEWS?! :argh:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Princeps32 posted:

Several real human beings that live on the same planet as everyone else think motherfucking Sean Hannity is sucking up to Obama. That just blows my mind. I mean I know there's a growing number of people that think Fox News is centrist, but seriously?

It warms the cockles of my heart to imagine the slowly dawning horror on the faces of Hannity and others at Fox News as they realize that a sizable portion of their viewer base is in fact completely insane, and will not be following them down a more "moderate" path that they hope will lead Republicans back to the White House (even though it's really just trying to dress up the usual bigoted tropes in a nicer set of clothes); and instead are insisting that Fox News is part of the "liberal media" because they do stuff like criticize Michelle Bachmann and "refuse" to report on the "obvious" "scandal" that is Benghazi. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

McDowell posted:

Apparently Dick Cheney said we should subpoena Hillary over Benghazi. Open those bloodgates, Cheney; you have alot to answer for yourself.

It's amazing that Cheney wants to throw away all the hard work the Bush/Cheney administration did, when they worked so hard to make the case that executive privilege overrides both Congress' and the public's right to ask questions. :v: