Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Here come the antisemitic dog whistles in time for 2022

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1419667270205382663

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Not sure if this counts as right wing but Josh Barro is having a meltdown about Europeans not having clothes dryers or other modern appliances.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1423829772254199811

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1423831380308418560

I honestly have no idea

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Apparently it started with this and has spiraled from there

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1423136037031845890

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1423269585944522754

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 7, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Our water department would be irate if people started putting ground-up food into the sewer system. Leaving aside pipe clogs it's going to drive up the BOD and nitrogen content.

Oh so they can't treat their waste water properly either!? If I can't use my garbage disposal like a black hole for all food waste then what am I supposed to do with it, compost like some communist?

No sir. :911:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

wolfman101 posted:

Speaking as someone who has spent time with both. I would rather have no disposal and a $2 sink strainer. It is much easier to dump out the strainer several times than to try to dig out some small spoon once.

Solution: only use large spoons.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait, are we returning to good ol' fashioned anti-italian racism like the founders intended and done screeching about China?

It turns out what they thought was bamboo fibers was actually dried pasta.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Who was the guest? I’m not directly exposing myself to that.

I’m guessing Allen West or Flynn.

Erik Prince of blackwater.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

Where did the ivermectin for covid poo poo start anyways?

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 27, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Hollandia posted:

There's a podcast called 'Running From Cops' that is a great breakdown of the history of the format and just how hosed up those shows are.

This podcast is great and will disavow anyone of any positive feelings for the show if they had them.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Taerkar posted:

The limit of understanding as it approaches reality.

Please make this the thread title.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/1443579662358093829

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wing media hit me hard today, gonna take a break from listening to it for a while. Woke up to hear Fox News excited that Youngkin has tied McAuliffe in the polls (well, one poll) and I'm pretty worried he's going to win. Even if it's one poll and they chose it purely because it's favorable to him, the fact that they're able to pull even a single poll now that shows Youngkin tied worries the hell out of me. Everyone always said that the CRT scare wouldn't last, that it would fade away like every other right wing talking point, but I feel like this is proof that it had staying power and worst of all that it worked.

Then Hannity said that apparently Manchin is killing the 3.5 trillion bill because in an argument about it today he said "How about we spend zero" and even though 3.5 trillion isn't enough, losing that is gonna hit hard.

I dunno it just seems like the right is claiming a lot of victories, everything is hosed, and there's nothing good to hope for. Which is why I'm taking a break for a while, because I hate feeling this way, but the worst part is it's still gonna be in the back of my mind. Still, doing other things and not dwelling on it seems like it'll help me.

Stop staring into the abyss what is wrong with you

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Gaetz is super hosed, it's just a matter of when the hammer drops

I just don't believe it until I see it. its the Mueller thing all over again.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Feds aren't making a deal with a slimeball like Joel Greenberg Paul Manafort (my former county ostrich suit retailer) if they aren't going after Gaetz Trump directly.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

My mom's husband watches Fox News all day so every time I come downstairs I have to hear it at least a little. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of that, since moving out isn't an option due to lack of funds.

Parental controls work just as well on the age group it was not intended for.

Is it your house? Ban that poo poo.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's my mom's house, if it was my house yeah he wouldn't be living here.

Well, good luck with that. maybe get him some wireless headphones so nobody else has to hear it. either that or draw a sharpie mustache where Tucker's stupid face always sits.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically an even more gross version of Perez Hilton.

What if I don't know who that is either. It sounds like Paris Hilton's evil cousin.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

imo the sonic dramatization is too good to be hidden behind a YouTube link
https://mobile.twitter.com/TurboJehtt/status/1449499315970314242

:ck5:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

J.A.B.C. posted:

Trump and MAGA. Harold Camping and the apocalypse. White terror in the 90s to herald the end times. James Webb saying in front of Congress that we don't need to worry about the environment since 'we don't know how many more generations will be until the Lord returns.'

So many people just want it to be over rather than deal with a messy and confusing reality. It's been going on for decades now, if not longer, and I'm not sure how you counter it or stop it from growing.

It's depressing as hell.

Makes me want to read demon haunted world again.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

Well

Only certain people are guilty

No no no

Everyone is guilty, but some are more guilty than others.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Taerkar posted:

Everyone behind you will harm you to keep you from getting ahead, so you better harm them first!

No no no.

Mario Kart is inherently competitive anti-capitalism. It teaches you that money is worthless, and that the people in last should get the best stuff, which should then be used to utterly gently caress up the most well off person and make them just like the rest of us.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Can I please just relax and play Wolfenstein without you dorks trying to find some political message hidden deep within the subconscious of a loving video game

Why are people pushing their politics on my favorite novel Animal Farm.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

Hank voted straight R except the top of the ticket.

and he did it every midterm and main one too.

There's a whole episode about how he moons Ann Richards and is ashamed because of how good of a governor she was.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Please tell me that people have appropriated that site to act as a sodomy scoreboard instead of it's original intended purpose.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Do they measure sodomy by weight? Is that what a hundredweight is used for?

Weight classes would fit into using it as a scoreboard instead of a self-help metric.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Yeah, I've seen cancer waste someone away like that before and it ain't pretty if that's his change from less than a year ago.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Guys voting in legal ways is how you steal an election

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1475542595673763848

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The words around the circle are so unevenly spaced from the circle that it looks like it took effort.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Sarcastro posted:

I really wish that headline would have made it clear that it was his road rage.

Yeah, passive voice is a loving plague on the news.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I'm still waiting for him to bang his head on an overhead beam, so his original personality as Bill Hicks may resurface.

How dare you besmirch a good man's name like that.

I do wonder what Bill would have to say about the world today.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can't remember if he's still cool with the fascists or not

He is the fascist OP

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

joke on top of a joke

:golfclap:

Very rare.

Yeah I would have butchered it.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Some member of congress from Minnesota just said this weekend that Trump captured Bin Laden. Today while I was driving around, I flipped on my local WGOP radio station and TWICE the first words I heard were "the Democrat Party". The other time it was "Omar"

They could probably just get a CPU algorithm to write this poo poo.

How do you know they aren't doing that already. The computers just pay the meat sacks to flap their meat together to make the right meat sounds.

https://youtu.be/7tScAyNaRdQ

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 5, 2022

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Neito posted:

Was Oz ever good? I'm not being facetious; I legit don't know.

No

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Ever notice how conservatives are terrified of Sharia Law but usually want to implement most of it wrapped in an american flag? No abortions, no gays, cutting off hands for stealing, public executions, women in their place, theocratic laws, harsh sentences and even harsher prisons, voting restrictions, religion in schools, waiving due process...

And so forth.

Y'all-queda has been a turn of phrase since 2005. It's no different than why fascists love the ethnostate of Israel but hate Jewish people.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

A sunburned scrotum is the sign of a real man.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Murgos posted:

I wonder if Le Pen getting trounced is going to make the pro Putin right do a course correction?

The Russian effort in Ukraine is not at all popular.

Evacuate!? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

*Explodes*

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

moonmazed posted:

no better time to just kill myself and get it over with i guess

please don't.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I doubt the emphasis will move to contraception but definitely same sex marriage.

I think the flood gates will open and we will see everything from segregation to criminalizing just being gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Right to privacy for me but not for the is essentially the ruling and the reaction summer into a quip.