Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I don't wanna play any more because I'm not high enough level to finish this quest and my Sal sounds like Handsome Jack. :/

That's the best part of the game for Gunzerker. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Psyker posted:

I recommend getting 2x Infinity Pistols and a Sheriff's Badge and throwing a real wall of bullets. A real, endless, infinity-symbol-shaped wall of bullets.

How well does the Infinity work with that final perk in the Rampage tree? I think it's that it make you fire faster the longer you hold the trigger down? Sounds like the perfect thing for a bottomless supply of bullets.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

abaddonis posted:

Every flying enemy in this game is loving terrible.

FEAR THE SKIES!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
LAN party over the weekend took my second character (Gunzerker) through TVHM and got him to 50, then one of my buddies and I did some Flesh-Stick boosting so now I have a 50 Commando, Gunzerker, and Assassin and he has a 50 Gunzerker and Mechromancer.

On top of that my Assassin has a great set of gear for Bloodshed. Inflammable Order, a Slagged Captain Blade's rapier, Slick Law, Love Thumper. All level 50 versions. I think I'm really going to like TVHM with Assassin. :black101:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

You heard right, Midgets sometimes shout it.

Speaking of midgets, I love how midget goliaths are really just the same goliath voice actor's recordings being raised to a higher pitch. Same angry man with a higher voice.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Here's what I have to decide on: My commando that has all achievement-related challenges past rank 1 except for Jimmy Jenkins, or my assassin that has Jimmy Jenkins completed but a lot of other challenges that haven't gotten rank 1 yet.

I'm guessing that I could hop on the assassin and finish all of these challenges before my commando would even see Jenkins once.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RagingBoner posted:

Or you could find a friend who is to the correct part of the Doctor's Orders quest. Which I am.

GT ColColonCologne. Are you lol speedboat?

Yeah, that's me. Let's do this before I get consumed by Assassin's Creed 3. Tomorrow I have a lot of time, but that's also Halloween so I'm not sure how busy you might be.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Original Gamer posted:

Two playthroughs with ZerO and countless hours farming, never got a single legendary weapon.

First playthrough with Gaige, 2 legendary drops by level 28!

This game is sexist!

Sidenote: Both legendaries were immediately useless, but I did enjoy having an SMG called "Analytical Bitch"

If it's any consolation, all playthrough 1 legendaries are useless in the long run.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lotish posted:

Hell, even playthrough 2 legendaries are kind of awful compared to what you get in 2.5. I finally just went ahead and sold my Dubble Gub and Royal Deliverance because they were useless compared to anything I've gotten since hitting level 50.

Why the hell is Zero's Slayer of Terramorphous mod still not fixed? It's still boosting a skill in Salvador's tree. How the hell do you make a mistake like that, Gearbox?

I love my level 50 Maggie and Bonus Package. :black101:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So now that Blade's Rapier is out, is Love Thumper the best shield to pair with it?

edit: For Bloodshed Assassin.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Farming orange sucks. And so does cooping through TVHM only to have a pubby flag a quest before everything scales up to 50 so you miss your chance for level 50 quest loot. I have some things that I'd be glad to dupe for goons, including CC, Bee, Blade's rapier, Love Thumper, Law and Order, Shredifier, Two Fer Maggie, etc. All level 50. If you're on Xbox and want some orange loot but don't wanna pull your hair out farming, feel free to add me to your friends list with my GT lol speedboat

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dpush posted:

Speedboat I friend requested you days ago and you never accepted it. And xender i could have sworn i dropped a couple bees with the CCs. My bad. I'll be on in the morning around 7 central for an hour or so to dupe more if anyone wants. GT is DPush.

Sorry, man. Try me again and put in your friend request where I'd know you from. Just say you're a goon and I'll accept it.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Save the DLC for when you're 50 after beating playthrough 2. Some of that quest loot is stuff you would really want as 50 loot.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got pretty lucky this morning. Got the Siren head off of BNK3R, the Commando head and a lv 48 Cradle from Henry, and a lv 50 Impaler from the Warrior if you want one, just ask. Friend me, say you're a goon, all that usual stuff. 'lol speedboat' on xbox live.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anybody on Xbox have a Tediore Allegiance Relic? Either the one that does Tediore damage and magazine size, or the one that just does magazine size. If anybody has one and wants some orange loot in return for a dupe of a level 50 of it, let me know.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Splits posted:

I'm boosting someone with a level 52 flesh stick, if anyone wants to get a quick 50. Just add me, I have one more slot.

xbox: bunnysplits

Adding you, lol speedboat.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arrath posted:

PC got a patch today http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The Bee is nerfed and Flesh stick leveling fixed.

Get your power leveling in while you can, I imagine a similar patch is working its way through microsoft certification.

Well, I better boost my last character to 50 then. And then I think I'll sit back and wait for all the crying to come out of that Bee nerf. Wow. I think I'll go to the Sham now.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually kind of intrigued to see how shield priorities shift now that the Bee is getting nerfed as soon as the patch gets approved for consoles. Maybe shields will be used more as a defensive item than a damage booster.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

abaddonis posted:

I guess that is probably the case

On another note, I made my game open to pubs, and I've pulled in an orange almost every stop I've made to the treasure room. Maybe it's a good run, maybe I've prayed to the correct deity, or maybe that has something to do with it?

What, that player count has an effect on loot drops? That's what the loading screen tips say, anyway.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for dropping the boosting before you hit 50, Stormrider. I had just gotten done boosting my brother 50 and I got a portfolio to put together now that that's out of the way.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

That being said, a few arena-type areas can really liven up the endgame content- y'know, give you something to throw your lvl 50 character/lvl 50 bitchin' arsenal at other than nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses.

Speaking of nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses, I'd love to do a goonstomp of Hyperius and maybe even Gee one of these days on the Xbox.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it safe to assume that the Bee nerf and Mechromancer anarchy fix go live when Mr. Torgue launches?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iTrust posted:

I haven't been posting much lately because of reasons but I have just updated the OP with DLC information and things, which is a fantastic way to spend my time on an idle Wednesday.

Speaking of which it's about time it had an FAQ, so if anyone has anything they think worthwhile that isn't below then that'd be grand.

-Activating TVHM and PT2.5.
-Sidequests in PT2.5.
-The achievement for all challenges complete.
-SHiFT codes and how they actually work.

I haven't had chance to buy the DLC yet (paid tomorrow :woop:) but from the sounds of things I am missing out pretty heavily, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

It might be worth mentioning that Mechromancer isn't included in the season pass. That question's been asked quite a bit in the last thread. I even thought she'd be included in the season pass when I bought it.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was told that a Kerblaster commando with all the rocket and grenade damage increase perks is an amazing damage output, but I'm just not seeing it yet. Anybody else running this build?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

I would have been just fine if Brick died and Roland lived.

Oh and Splits, sorry about earlier, I ended up having to do something else before we got to trade poo poo. I'll add you though.

Sorry, but Roland died of a serious case of "boring character syndrome."

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As my first character to 50 by legitimate leveling up, Sawtooth Canyon was a pain in the rear end. Nomad heavies blowing up my sentry as soon as I throw it out with their drat rocket launchers, then blasting me and killing me. :argh:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://twitch.tv/2k

Live streaming the Hammerlock DLC. Fair warning, the chat stream is full of children begging for free codes and whoever's playing is rolling gunzerker, not using action skills at all, and is dying repeatedly.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's a better shield for a fulltime rocket launcher Commando? Big boom blaster or the Sham?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any 360 nerds have a purple explosive damage relic they're willing to dupe? I can share some oranges and a few seraphs in exchange. For example: meteor shower, might/blood of the seraphs, evolution, and big boom blaster for Pinks. Oranges I have a lot, including a DP Unkempt Harold (Only a 48 though, drat) and Shredifiers, Legendary classmods for each class, etc. PM me or add me on XBL, gamertag is the same as my forums name.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It really is a pain in the rear end. I've got all characters except Mechromancer maxed out on eridium upgrades and I'm choking on space.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm using a build right now on my Commando that only uses 2 orange guns: the Kerblaster and the Unkempt Harold. Before the Bee nerf I was just using the Bee and 4 of the most broken guns I could find. With what I'm doing now I feel like I'm actually playing the game. :aaaaa:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just to echo the "Orange isn't everything" sentiment, a purple torgue shotgun with a high pellet count (I think they're always called Ravagers) beat the crap out of a pretty decent chunk of orange guns. I'd kill for a level 50 purple Ravager, but any purple torgue shotties I get are all with a spread of 5 or 6 shots.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I decided to finally try for a bladed version of Miss Moxxi's Rubi and eventually got one after about 15 reloads. It's an amazing gun; it totally outclasses Law and Order for a melee build in need of some survivability.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

Well, it does, but it's incredibly minor. It adjusts the distribution of items 5% away from dropping white-quality loot and 5% towards dropping not-white quality loot.

Enjoy all these greens!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I finally got an explosive relic, but not the explosive relic. 24% isn't bad, but still holding out for that 30%.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

Yeah you just messaged me. I've got a 30% shock and 30% corrosive, but no explosive relics unfortunately.

No problem, thanks for the reply here. Do keep your eyes open though, if you don't mind!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Father Wendigo posted:

I've been farming Henry the stalker trying to get the Rasta head for my Gunzerker. I've pulled three(!) copies of 'The Cradle' shield and not a single head. What the hell, are they really rarer than legendary crap?

I got the Commando and Siren heads from Henry and have just been holding on to them for duping purposes. I take it you're on Xbox? If you're not already on my list, friend me. Same name as my forums name. No Gunzerker head, I know, but if you want those two as well I'm happy to dupe.

Kifisonfire posted:

The treasure stash is my go-to place for relics and stuff because of the crazy amount of chests, but even when I find them a lot of the time it will be just shy of "the relic". I find a lot of action skill 32% relics, which is great since I already have a 35%. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out.

Cool, I appreciate it. I've been farming Pete for relics, and I actually found my 24% explosive relic from Terramorphous. Perhaps the treasure room would be better overall. It's really boring, but so is Pete farming at this point.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I played through the Torgue DLC when it first came out as a Commando and had no problems with the Badassasaurus, so I thought "what's the big deal?" Tried it on a mediocre build Siren and I just wanna say, gently caress that guy. But not nearly as bad as the average bullet sponge trash mobs in Hammerlock's hunt.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anybody else screaming inside about not having a Legendary classmod, message me on XBL. Gamertag is my forums name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

After Speedboat Jones graciously donated his Legendary mods I ended up getting three in 30 minutes from Dexidorous and Vocivorous. Talk about luck. I also got an even better Norfleet from Hyperius as well as a free Seraph Infection pistol.

If anyone is interested in getting a Yellow Jacket, I have one. If anyone has Twister from Ohmn Ohmn Ohk I'd appreciate it.

Oh, you got an even better Norfleet? You're gonna share that back this way, right? :allears:

• Locked thread