Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ewe2 posted:

Many great moments in Fplus episodes but one more recent episode that I regularly go back to is #332: Why Don't The Females Understand Bitcoin? with a brilliant doc and everyone firing on all cylinders., Bozarth hit with crypto being the "gift certificates for the Internet" . I cannot think of it any other way now :v: And Portaxx so witty about the eye-rolling chauvinism, and Boots got to utter that Ferengi koan "Women is really a paths duck". :confuoot:

Hey I didn't know SA had an active thread for the F-Plus, I'm the guy what made the doc for that and I'm super happy that so many people seem to like it :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I've actually had another doc like 80% done for the last year or so, I just need to trim it down because the site has so much good content I found it incredibly hard to actually edit :v: One day I'll finish it I'm sure

It's about high tech dick electrocution, you're welcome in advance.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like low-tech dick electrocution would probably be more harrowing, tbh, but neither is a good option

Oh you have no idea just how high-tech this dick electrocution machine is.

They posted pictures on their website of them taking it to an FCC lab for two days of rigorous compliance testing and certification. I don't think I can include that in the doc in any way since it's entirely pictures, but the world needs to know it is a thing that happened.

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 26, 2022

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Oh my God I need to know how the FCC evaluated the dick electrocution machine

Can you even do non-destructive testing on a dicksploder

They put it in a big special room that absorbs RF and has antennas a calibrated distance away and then run it through its paces (unclear if it is actually on a dick while it is being run through its paces, the pictures only show the room itself and the results).

quote:

The engineers wanted to know what the device was, so we told them, but they didn't believe us.

:allears:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Check the comments for a guy getting irrationally mad at the F Plus disrespecting bitcoin.

That guy was how I knew I did a good job on the doc :3:

ewe2 posted:

I thought you were spelt THAT way?! :v: Just a great idea for a doc, particularly for that subcuture.

I'm "Shame Boi" everywhere but SA, I settled on "Boi" after I had already changed my SA handle and haven't bothered to change it here :v:

Also credit where it's due, the idea of "search bitcointalk for :females:" came from a yosposter named BP, I simply went "oh gently caress that's definitely a great F-Plus ep isn't it" and yep.

ewe2 posted:

Rich guys claiming it's not femdom and they can quit any time they want to?

Oh it's very much femdom, it's just also for improving your life. I titled the WIP doc "Better Living Through Penis Pain." I guess if y'all want to see it check here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N7E2F_5Pl3pw4G8NZJok8ZhjRwjeA6dZ6HVhT4qyPSU/edit?usp=sharing (just in case it's not clear, plenty of :nws: language, no pictures)

I got it to a rough draft status and realized it's just way too fuckin' long, but I have no idea what to cut because every rock I turned over on that website had another massive essay I could already hear the rediculists reading in my head. I guess if someone feels up to it PM me and I'll give you edit access to cut the thing down to a reasonable size?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Is it not chill to submit a big doc and let the crew pick the ones they want to read, within reason? The movies episode with Simpsons vs SpongeBob comes to mine.

Lemon's asked specifically in an episode to keep them under a certain page length (28 pages I think?) and when I first submitted the bitcoin doc he asked me to take one more pass at it to get rid of some bits that would have been hard for them to follow while reading so eh. I just feel like this site has an awful lot of giant walls of text, all of which I personally love and want to hear read, but I need a second opinion cuz my mind has already been fully saturated by this and I can't tell what'd actually make good content or not.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hobnob posted:

Judging by Lemon's glee at finding the buttplug remote-control API or whatever it was in that one episode, it'll probably be a popular one.

The buttplug library! I have actually done some development with it because I reverse-engineer bluetooth, um, things for fun sometimes (that's actually how I found the dick shocker in the first place).

It is far more complex than anything named "buttplug" has any right to be.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zero_Grade posted:

NICE!!

I've yet to submit a doc, so take these suggestions with as much salt as desired, but here's some thoughts after a quick read through.

- The intro Part 1 is really long and could definitely stand to get cut down, but there's some really crazy bits mixed in there between discussions of electrode contact quality and battery length. Canine Mode stands out as definitely something I see getting read, for example.
- Same with the purchasing, while it's funny that there are three different packages (;)), I don't see all the details getting read time. Could probably be cut to a page total.
- The articles are mostly amusing enough to keep, although this is a good place to start making cuts for length. For example, the tongue section is definitely weird/gross, but it's a bit off topic and overly long.
- Part 3 is the kind of bonkers poo poo I can see them picking a lot of reading content from.
- Part 4: oh hell yeah, forums are where the really great stuff is. I'd expand this if possible, at the expense of the earlier sections if needed.

That's actually super helpful, thanks.

And yeah I was excited about finding the forum but I remember going through pretty much every single post on it and only coming up with that stuff that's in the doc, it's mostly just people asking really basic questions about the products or about stuff they read on other parts of the website, which just leads you back to those pages full of walls of text :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

how do i get to the Garbage Day 2022 Schedule (Forbidden)

It worked fine for me :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BootsRaingear posted:

I think it was a jape.

It wooshed fine for me :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That reminds me, I still regularly use my cassette of boots theme songs from a few years ago to test tape players I've repaired :shobon:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Just in case anyone forgot, Garbage Day is starting in about 45 minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/thefplus

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dumpmaster General posted:

I left to do chores during the Harry Potter Jesus thing and only just now got back for Pooner & The Snizz coming up, what'd I miss?

Erotica about Kissinger and Nixon for one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dumpmaster General posted:

gently caress, gonna need to watch that when it's uploaded, I need hot jowl on fold action

Everyone in the chat was collectively imagining Futurama Nixon and Venture Bros. Henry Killinger during it and now you will too

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Is the caregiver thing about "littles?" Because... yeah, ew.

25 year old littles with 45 year old daddies that have 19 year old actual daughters!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I have not heard this episode.

the phrase "monkey moms" does not spark joy.

Monkey Moms was my favorite episode for a long while :shobon:

In it Adam pointed out how bafflingly stupid everyone involved was, "like they're cartoon characters", and I think that's what does it for me. They're by far some of the dumbest people the podcast has ever featured, and that's saying something.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

The Biscuit Baron sounds like the antagonist in a knock-off Shrek.

I think the joke they made was "a saturday morning cartoon villain from the BBC"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was getting choked out by nerd thighs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zero_Grade posted:

The readers have a lot of fun laughing at and getting exasperated by the content in 129: You May Now Fistbump the Spouse. It's a quite entertaining mix!

Both Offbeat Bride episodes are equal parts funny, embarassing-by-proxy and infuriating, yeah.

Same with the not always right "everyone at the gamestop stood up and applauded and I got voted employee of the month right then and there!" ep. In fact I like to imagine it's the same exact people, because I mean it probably is.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The bit at the beginning where Boots goes "I've seen a bit of this subreddit before, and: yes." and then lemon goes "ssspoilers!!" always makes me giggle :shobon:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Still catching up with all the Garbage Day videos, and finally got to the Bunnybread Rapstravaganza.

First: "We call it Peruvian Hot Dish" might be the best joke of the night so far. Second, I'm deeply sad that I missed the chance to grab that NFT by Portaxx.

That NFT actually put me slightly over the total I had wanted to donate but hot drat how could I not.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My favorite part of the Chris Cantelmo episode is I could usually tell the exact wikipedia page he was misinterpreting to pull his supposed "discoveries" out of

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Was not ready for the guy who got redpilled by Moldbug

If you don't understand the above sentence, please touch grass, there's time, please don't follow me down this road.

I was 100% ready for it because it's the natural conclusion of being that much of that kind of rear end in a top hat.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The FPlus ep on Cantelmo did mention he was dead though they (imo correctly) didn't get into how he killed himself.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure it was jenkem

They can't all be jenkem

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Which episode was that?

Pretty sure it was the crystals one with Ironicus in it.

Yeah that one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SongMeanings is such obvious F-Plus material I can't believe they haven't done it yet (or that I didn't think to make a doc of it)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A friend of mine found this apple review guy like a couple years ago and we spent a good hour going over the site and started making a doc but never really finished it, I'm glad someone else got to it at least :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Squish everything down to like 3dB of dynamic range so it sounds like it's coming from a 60's record that's been played tens of thousands of times in a jukebox, problem solved

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

:same: It made me go back and listen to the original episodes and they remain some of the best stuff the ridiculists have covered.

I remember at some point going "I wonder what he's doing now" so I checked his blog and he had recorded himself playing a first person shooter with a bunch of bots and all the bots were named like "black lives matter" and he was just killing them all as angrily as he could, and I just kinda went :stare: and closed the tab.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I still have no idea what the hell it is.

A picture of a bed, I think?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Chairman posted:

it's a service where a company claims they can use their secret, proprietary quantum entanglement generators to remotely imbue your bed with healing frequencies that respond to your voice and thoughts to cure all your diseases

the episode didn't get into it but there was a big chunk of Qanon believers who were fixated on the idea for a year or so, including the theory that JFK owned one, used it to cure his severe brain trauma, is still alive because of it, and would reveal the medbed secret to the public once his son became Trump's vice president

Okay but there was definitely a bit near the end where you could tap a screen to change a picture of a bed, so it can't just be a service, there is in fact a picture of a bed involved.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beard Dandruff posted:

Just listened to the two dozerfleet episodes. Are there any other episodes that cover similar self obsessed freaks?

The episode about Johnathan Lee Riches is kind of that, in that it's entirely made-up lawsuits he filed about how various celebrities are conspiring against him: https://thefpl.us/episode/80

I think he's like, having a lot more fun (and is somewhat more self-aware) than Dozerfleet though, Dozerfleet never seems like he's... enjoying... anything he does.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also I have a theory (I don't remember if I shared it here or not) that the Thermodynamic Martinets guy is just Dozerfleet but in a parallel world where instead of growing up in a conservative, hateful household he grew up in a loving, caring household. Still writes lots of long weird screeds on the internet, but they're about inconsequential poo poo and he's clearly doing it for fun and not because he hates the gays and their evil condoms or whatever, he just wants to yell about star wars.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Deformed Church posted:

Oh man there's definitely some excellent hurricane fanfic on that wiki. Someone who's not a weather weird tell me how funny this is for you: https://hypotheticalhurricanes.fandom.com/wiki/Armageddon_Storm_Collin_(2027_-_Litia_Von_Lucerna)

Okay the map where they just scribbled all over it to show its path is real cute :3:

I also like how the storm only ended when it left for space, as storms do

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The actual storm article isn't as funny as I had hoped, but it's all a prequel to the author's fictional country on another fanon wiki:

https://hypotheticalcitiescountries.fandom.com/wiki/Holy_Empire_of_Earth-Kalgamania

And I can already hear like, Kumquat just reading the loving table of contents for that page:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Okay I found a winner: https://hypotheticalhurricanes.fandom.com/wiki/Vehement_Hyper_Mini_Black_Hole_Calvin

quote:

Hyper Mini Black Hole Calvin was the strongest tropical cyclone on record in the universe. Notably, Calvin exhibited characteristics of armageddon storms, black holicanes, hyper mini black holes, chaos storms and Theoretical and Existential black holes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah what kind of kid is writing fanfic about plays when there's perfectly good animes and sonic the hedgehog and homestuck to write about

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I haven't listened to the F Plus or Extra Credit for like 4 years, and I want to jump back on. What are some recent greats?

Everyone seems to like the bitcoin one I made the doc for :shobon:

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

More good food ones:

Bulletproof Coffee and the cult surrounding it (including recipes!): https://thefpl.us/episode/325

The meat-only diet subreddit: https://thefpl.us/episode/326

Occasionally I remember that guy who eats sticks of butter instead of candy because he thinks it's better for him and just think to myself how the hell someone lets their life get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also sometimes I yell I LOVE YOU MEATWIFE to my irl wife