Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Had a dream that 8 libertarian/conservative/whack jobs and Huntsman ran. Huntsman won with 17%.

Praise Arkane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

This just makes me think of that Oliver Stone movie Heaven & Earth when he takes his Vietnamese wife to the supermarket for the first time.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Speaking of Minnesota, I have it on good authority that Klobuchar will run if Hillary does not. If Hillary does, she's definitely going to run in 2020 or 2024. Basically there's no escaping it.

I know little about her. Is she noteworthy at all?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Awesome so now all the right wingers who declared him a RINO will have to eat crow just like they did with Mitt, and probably because there's literally no one not loving insane but him, just like Mitt, he'll make it to the national race and then there'll be some beautiful infighting between the "I SAW HIM GETTIN CHUMMY WITH THE NEGRO" factions and the "Jesus christ can we just elect one loving flavor of nutjob who's somewhat subtle about it?" ones.

He's the one serious GOP hopeful Rand Paul has gone after by name, no?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

It warms my heart to see that the base still likes Rick Perry enough to group him with their favorite joke candidates...and ahead of Mittens.

I really hope he has his poo poo together to stay in the race as long as possible this time.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Democrats are about ready to betray teachers as well, though. Deprecation of schooling and the spiteful coring out of the teaching profession until it's no more prestigious or well-compensated than day care workers. That's what all Americans want out of school, to keep their kids away from home so they can work. Christie will be a breath of fresh air, a moderate who puts teachers in their place. Democrats will love him if he gets to the general, not that Hillary would be in danger. She'll put those teachers in their place just fine, but without so much open-gobbed shouting.

Why are we acting like Michelle Rhee has much of a constituency outside of Very Serious People Who Watch Morning Joe?

The average Dem voter votes Dem in part because of education. In most localities, this doesn't play out the way in does in NY. The education issue is different everywhere. Dems in VA and NC are pushing raises and opposing charters, with few exceptions.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Who's an up-and-coming female who isn't from New York and has held a governorship or Federal office that needs the boost and isn't constantly mentioned despite not planning to run and being better off a Senator?

You could say the GOP has a couple on their side, but they're all terrible behind the scenes. Martinez is mean, Fallin tortured a guy, Haley is corrupt and barely won SC on party ID alone, and McMorris-Rogers went to one of those colleges where they require supervised dating.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Man, I can see the primary campaign season now: Clinton-Warren v. Biden-Emmanuel, Clinton-Emmanuel v. Biden-Warren; Clinton-Castro v. Biden-Warren; Biden-Castro v. Clinton-Emmanuel

What the hell does Rahmbo add to anything except lovely ideas?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Carly Fiorina might run, which is hilarious because almost no one knows who she is, and those that do loving hate her.

Her experience is all from working for and running a company everyone hates. Seriously. Everyone in IT hates HP because they're bad at what they do, and everyone in middle America that bought an HP hates it. Find me one person who bought an HP to replace an HP.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

I want Romney to be the new Harold Stassen...a real, competitive nominee in his first couple runs, then just a joke candidate running in every election til he's 80.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Who's lost the most times counting primaries? Stassen? Bryan? Can we Kount on Keyes in 2016???

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

The squawking matches between him and Rand Paul will be well worth price of admission!

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

I don't know how you got on #WWIIChat, but I found this today:

THE NUMBER
ANOTHER SUMMER
GET DOWN
SOUND OF THE FUNKY BASSIST

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

comes along bort posted:

You know that book's from like 2008 right?

Still never fails to get me. Was in a used book bin.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Mutar posted:

Maybe I should've finished my coffee before reading, but what? MN isn't competitive for the Republicans, see 1984_Electoral_College_Map.jpg.

Never doubt the Nordic magnetism of Walter Mondale.

So who will be the first user to adopt the user name RAHMentum?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

I yearn for a universe where the firebrand populist of the 2016 election is Tommy Carcetti.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

With Norman Wilson as his veep.

What am I saying, we all want Clay Davis. Sheeeeeit!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamesgiang.claydavis&hl=en

Change you can believe in, Straang!

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Rincewinds posted:

I am a horrible person for seeing this:

You only see the truth: a Rothschild member of the banking cabal. Google Ron Paul.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

mooyashi posted:

REPEAL

REPLACE

Repeal Obibblecare!

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

richardfun posted:

The Daily Show had some good times with Michael Steele being the head of the NRC.

Hibble bibble, baby.

They comin into this country and havin Terror Bibbles!

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Warcabbit posted:

So who can we say for sure is running? Hill-dawg, Jeb, Rand Paul?

Gov. Thomas Carcetti.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Joementum posted:

Bonus points if they ask the empty chair/podium questions.

Liveposting that was my favorite moment in LF.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Ganon posted:

Would Patrick Murphy, my hero for beating Allen West, be a good candidate to take on Rubio?

Gwen Graham. Now a congresswoman, from North FL where Dems can pick up extra votes, beat a Republican, Graham name. She might be better off running for gov in 2018 though.

Come to think of it, a governor may play well to insulate the nominee from Obama if he stays in the toilet, but aside from Cuomo (nope), Hickenlooper (almost lost), OMalley (his LG lost bc of his tax policies, most likely), and Deval Patrick (maybe?), I can't think of one who'd ever rationally be interested.

Schweitzer's going nowhere.

Yep, time to just bring back Howard Dean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

I wish Newt would run a 3rd party futurist campaign. You can tell he wants so badly to just do this, but he knows the grifter money is too sweet to give up, so he says plenty enough to sound like a hardliner even though you know he'd rather be talking moon colonies and polar bears than tax rates, so he just shits out some regressive stuff to keep the $ coming in and dreams about the rest. You can really see that he is happiest talking this stuff in Caucus.

• Locked thread