Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SpacePig posted:

Didn't the whole tournament arc start because he wanted to learn to fight for real so he could beat Garou?

I thought it was just that it would be fun to see martial arts. You know, like going to the circus. Also maybe it would draw Garou out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I love the delicate way he handles the glass.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

it's pretty funny that he takes his bat with him even when he is jumping into the water to save kittens. but we see he was not wrong to do so! I guess by now he probably realizes lethal monster-type danger is everywhere

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

I'm surprised there's no hero who gains power from their obsession with an idol.

that sounds more like a monster

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

To be fair, the rookie esper she might have related to seems to be kind of a dud.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Terror Sweat posted:

That thing on his head doesn’t look like sperm at all, what a rip off, also in my opinion, the hobo should be a lot shabbier

The ugmon also is not nearly ugly enough.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

this is extremely good but as is pointed out in the replies I am deeply curious about the narancia doing the torture dance in the background

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Even if Child Emperor has inferior combat skills compared to a Flashy Flash (though he is fighting at a handicap, like has been pointed out), he also has a lot of logistical and support capabilities due to his arsenal of gadgets and his intellect. That's why he was able to get to the hostage.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zzulu posted:

Child Emperor hasn't actually taken any damage at all nor has his hostage

Child emperor's tools are an extension of his fighting capabilities, and a lot of them, including his apparent trump card, have been depleted or outright destroyed. He's doing a good job, but I wouldn't describe his situation as "undamaged".

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mordecai posted:

the impregnation power of the black sperm (feat. King)

Anyway the conversation is great but here's a season 2 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMRQ0NZdwps

I'm sure it will be a perfectly good season, but this trailer gets me considerably less hype than the MP100 trailer did, which is way more dynamic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1WGJ7Yjnw

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 21, 2018

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So I guess zombieman has superhuman strength, that's new. I thought he was more or less a normal human strengthwise, but that he was always armed to the teeth.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Last Celebration posted:

He’s officially supposed to be the weakest S-Rank, so I think it really is that he’s not stronger than a normal human but his regen is so insane that you’ll eventually just burn out trying to keep him down.

he bent an iron bar, thats superhuman

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Suspicious Lump posted:

Mate do I have a surprise for you!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/38991/1

Not sure if it's been confirmed at all but I've always thought Ashida = Zombieman. Either way this is a great one shot from... One and Maruta.

Astounding

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shinjobi posted:

Maybe sweet mask just doesn't feel anything, period. Could just be a super sociopath.

that's where my money is, personally. he clearly has issues

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i love this

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bongo Bill posted:

or they are spending the same amount of money on more humane working conditions.

lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is: animators should be paid more and sent home on time.

don't get my previous post wrong, I agree that really ought to. but working on anime in Japan is an incredibly notoriously exploitative field, and especially considering the turnover rate of the new season, humane working conditions is the last thing I would point to

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm just not sure why they even bothered

Because by their calculations there are plenty of hogs that will eat up the slop. To a producer, the question of profit always comes up first, and they determined the cost in time and money to produce something with artistic merit (like the first season) would not have resulted in an adequate ROI, and they may not be incorrect in their projections.

That's art under capitalism baby

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tiistai posted:

Tatsumaki is far from a tsundere, pretty sure she tells everyone precisely how she feels about them instead of bashfully trying to hide it behind a cold exterior

Yeah I don't think we are ever given a reason to believe her hatred is anything but pure.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

When you reach the level of skill Murata has, you are allowed to be as horny as you want. Draw as much Mizuki as you need to be happy, Murata. I support it.

I still cant believe he drew her crushing a watermelon monster with her thighs

I'm mildly surprised ONE didn't tell him to dial it back a little bit

... ONE wouldn't have come up with an idea like that, would he? I feel like his style is generally very not-horny

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MiddleOne posted:

Berserk wobblewalk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbA9CrZGkRw
note: guts died on his way back to his home planet

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

UP AND ADAM posted:

That's one perspective

Hey I loved S1 OPM but uh maybe it would be better if it wasn't made under slave labor conditions

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bacon flaps posted:

i'm ride or die for this season i dont give a gently caress, especially if the price of perfection is human lives.

things could be worse. we could be watching Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory.

I don't know if we can be confident that the season is worse because the staff is being treated more humanely

Odds are that it was just more rushed or squeezed out of fewer people.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

at any rate, Japan could really benefit from something like a screen actors guild but I get the sense that organized labor is almost nonexistent there in any sector, let alone entertainment

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tag urself, I'm the vaguely annoyed expression

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit oh whoops thought this was the webcomic thread haha. what I said probably wasnt especially spoilery but it never hurts to play it safe

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think ONE has joked at one point that Saitama can destroy the universe. But he needs two punches because he has to turn around and finish off what was behind him.

Its relatively meaningless to posit how strong someone is compared to saitama.

there's this story in Journey to the West, where because of a bet with Buddha to show who was mightier, Sun Wukong jumps all the way to the moon or the edge of the world or something where there are 5 pillars, and writes his name on one of them. then when he gets back, Buddha shows his hand, and on his finger was written Sun Wukong's name, which is a pretty powerful own

I kind of think of basically any villain in One-Punch Man as compared to Saitama as being about on Sun Wukong's level in comparison to Buddha

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kild posted:

He also peed on the finger

that's basically the buddhic equivalent of being delayed in getting to a sale on onions, when you think about it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That doesn't seem like the kind of design a kid should be making...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Maxwell Adams posted:

At this point, I just want to see the scene where Saitama orders french fries. It should be impossible for them to mess that up.

for my part, those are the kind of scenes I'm here for anyway, the action is fun but it's the slice of life I like best

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AC-bu is in charge of S3.

this would rule especially if it was in the webcomic style

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought it was nice to see Child Emperor respond to positive validation.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

Does it really matter? The line between hero and monster is pretty thin. I mean aside from the people who eaten literal monster cells.

It's funny, because Pig God, who seems like the most visibly monstrous of the S-Class heroes, also appears to be one of its most benign examples. He seems like a real nice guy, even if his eating habits are kind of off-putting.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Elentor posted:

Here's a real question: Is "cadre" a common word to be used in English? I knew it before, but I hadn't ever read it so commonly used in specifically the translation of this manga, and I'm not sure if it's because it's really rarely used or the fact that I'm not a native speaker doesn't put me in situations where I'd otherwise be hearing/reading it.

Depends on how much time you spend talking about revolutionary organizations in granular detail. Most people don't, so it's not a common term.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Saitama is not especially smart and doesn't pay all that much attention to the world around him, or other people. Why would be bother remembering someone like Flashy Flash?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I guess it didn't matter in the end but it's nice that the psychic rookie found a way to make himself useful

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like that there is a villain who emphasizes the understated menace of a cat. They're extremely efficient murder machines, it's just that they are too small to be a threat.

All because it got babied one too many times.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Was the cat even in the webcomic? I don't remember.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I was hoping for more of Saitama clowning on Flashy Flash, but I like what I got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ONE is improving, isn't he. He always had some good fundamentals, but I feel like that drawing is better than any he's put out before.