Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
I just read up to 12 in one sitting. Glad Jump doesn't block access to IPs outside Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
It feels bizzare that I'll be waiting for 'new' chapters of an existing manga instead of new episodes of an existing manga. :psyduck:

I've been diving into the original webomic, and I started to wonder if the scanlators are only doing the ones with new art. I haven't done scanlations before, but is anyone interested in the originals?

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
Maybe I'll try to do that as each 'new' chapters come out!

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

If you don't follow Murata's twitter, you should. He posts sketches and other drawings fairly often.
This is awesome. :haw:

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
21 is ouuuuuuut (in Japanese)!
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/21/

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
e: fb ^^^
e2: Didn't think about a literal translation and hadn't heard of "uma no kotsu" before. The more you know!

I was puzzling that one out when I read it, too, because ボーン can be ambiguous. "Bourne" is common now because of the movies, but it can also mean "born" or "bone". Could be just "horse born", since, y'know, it's a horse.

Caeruleas fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 3, 2013

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Justin_Brett posted:

I was not expecting an Aaaaaah! Real Monsters reference in this manga.
Mind: blown.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
That didn't seem short. :confused:

Another gif-worthy chapter.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
Those of you watching Murata's ustream probably knows this, but to those of you who think the blurring is done digitally? It's not. Not the foreground stuff, anyway. I didn't watch enough of his stream to catch him working on backgrounds, but I happened onto the stream when he was working on the one panel with the close-up of the barrels blurring by, and I was stunned that it was entirely done by hand.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
I love Murata's art (probably?) as much as everyone else here, but is there anything else out there that's comparable? Murata has a lot of freedom because he's not chained down by page limits here, but there's stuff out there that's just as dynamic and insane in detail, right?

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Nahxela posted:

Look at him sitting there :allears:

Just smelling farts. :shobon:

e: Misread. Rather, someone farted.

Caeruleas fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 3, 2013

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno how things are going with the translations, but Murata redrew and extended the latest chapter on the Japanese website.

New and old.

Ahahaha the Sky King always amuses me. :allears:
That last shot is making me giggle with excitement.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Mikl posted:

Silver Fang :ohdear: don't die, please :ohdear:
I was getting concerned that I was the only one worried. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

AnonSpore posted:

I find it hilarious how Fubuki still gets a spot in the S class lineup because she's popular. Also that serious knitting. :allears:
Saitama is holding a sales leaflet (surpise!), in case anyone's wondering.