Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mystic Mongol posted:

(The huge number of copyrighted names is why there's been no official english translation)

Well, they translated All Star Battle. :v:
Steel Ball Run spoilers I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Soulcleaver posted:

I was hoping Saitama would knock out stupid jerk loli and anyone else who mouthed off to him for saving the world. Shows what I know about his personality.

I'm not entirely sure she'd survive it if he did. Actually, that's not true; I'm pretty sure she'd be paste if he tried anything along those lines.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't mean what *makes* the sound, just how you'd type it out. Drdrdrdrdrdr?

I'm pretty sure it's "Doddoddoddo[...]"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There is also that one girl - Lily, I think her name was? - that's part of the Blizzard Group. I want to say she was introduced in this version, though I haven't read the webcomic, so I could be wrong.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So, how long until ONE withholds storyboards to force Murata to spend time with his family again?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fellis posted:

It’s bowsette

E: i don’t know the timeline for manga publishing, but this is done online first, right? It’s not like Murata hasn’t redone stuff in a few days before and Bowsette blew up like two weeks ago

It probably actually is inspired by Bowsette, nice catch

E: Fun fact, I'm pretty sure Murata deleted the tweet where he shared this sketch.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 6, 2018

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
It hasn't even been that long since the last dude got one-punched, anyway.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The best part is he spent most of the month doing a lower-intensity version of the workout. He didn't get to the full 100 pushups, 100 situps, 10km running until the last week of the month.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Oh no he could have killed me were it not for my foot thick plot armor"
In a vaccuum that scene is so great, but the remainder of the series shits on it.

The whole thing with the final villain of Naruto, and Kishimoto admitting he 'made him too powerful to beat', trying to justifying the big fart of a bait and switch with a completely unannounced villain.

The Sharingan was bullshit from minute one, so making Madara accidentally too powerful to defeat was appropriate, if nothing else.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think those images just highlight the problem TBH -- Darkshine's problem isn't his body, it's his face

Yeah, this is the actual thing. If the dude looked like a Japanese dude with a ridiculous bodybuilder body, that would be one thing, but his face is still a racist caricature of a black dude.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Golden Sperm is born with a blast.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SpacePig posted:

King having a secret superpower is just as lame as Saitama having a secret superpower. It would genuinely eliminate the gags of either character.

There is nothing secret about Saitama's superpower.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

This is beautiful in every sense of the word. Incredible art, fantastic writing, this is exactly what I come to the OPM manga for.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mabels big day posted:

WatchdogMan would 100% be able to keep upwin the fight outright, if this fight was happening in his city

This is more correct.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SpacePig posted:

I dunno, punching the ocean in half and using an aircraft carrier to surf the resulting wave doesn't seem like a bit to me. He even calls it his Serious Punch.

The surfing was definitely a bit. It was also a cool setpiece moment, but it was a gag for sure.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kuvo posted:

the 3 color pages of jupiter exploding are beautiful holy poo poo

From a sneeze. This chapter was so goddamn good.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Runa posted:

Oh is that how y'all are reading it?

My bad.

Runa posted:

I do think it's kind of funny (as I've said in the other thread) how manga-only readers are very quick to hyperbolically proclaim this chapter a masterpiece solely on the strength of it's spectacle
[...]
The ones complaining the most are the ones who are engaging with the writing and do so in favor of the art. The ones complaining about the complainers are wondering why these curmudgeons aren't having their socks, and thus concerns, knocked off by all of the incredible art.

Maybe it wouldn't come off as condescending if you didn't suggest that people annoyed about the criticism don't care about the writing?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Weissritter posted:

It is still a collaboration between ONE and Murata right? Seems weird that a lot of criticism that I have seen basically lays it all on Murata's end.

Yep. ONE is still writing OPM.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Loving the discussion about the strength of the serious sneeze. It's amazing content.

oh jay posted:

Now calculate how big and fast his fart was, thanks

:hmmyes:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ahahahah. Between this and the Saitama stuff, this chapter was great.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I see Murata likes Yoko Littner's design

Sindai posted:

Are those animations completely soundless for everyone is something broken on my end?

I think the animations just don't have audio

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Lobe posted:

The army woman seems sharp, and can tell there's obviously something up with the hero. I'm guessing demon impersonator or parasite.

Or maybe he's just a coward who's about to sell them all out.

The timing of the Parasite World people explaining the way the parasites operate is a pretty strong suggestion that it's what's happening with Alio.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man, those translation notes explaining the joke were :discourse:, especially since like most of us, Child Emperor had been unaware of the joke in front of his face this entire time.

The bonus joke with Wild Hero is also just so good.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

No Wave posted:

Is that even a joke? Feel like he picked the name "non-virgin" on purpose.

It's definitely part of the joke, yeah.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Electric Phantasm posted:

When was the last time we saw Mumen Rider?

I think he showed up pretty recently, he just wasn't around very long.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Lobe posted:

I bet King and Manako could be friends, they both kind of just want to be left alone

It's telling that Saitama invited Monaco back when he usually asks people to go away.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Collapsing Farts posted:

Give one punch man s3 to Murata for animation

Let the man spend some time with his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just think the man is low-mid grade clinically depressed.

Yeah, agreed. Saitama being totally checked out about just about everything because he's depressed lines up pretty cleanly with the events of the comic.