Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Well, mob has come to terms with some more emotions and stuff I guess but he's nowhere near done. Still lots of places for the story to go.

Possibly just fooled by mob's weird release schedule, too.

its 3 weeks a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

With that many villains, hiring just three heroes, even A-class, to act as muscle looked pretty stupid to me. That's not even considering Garou.

I suspect it's more of a case of 'we put out the call, these three are the only ones who showed up' deal. A strongman, a flamethrower, and a stage musician as crowd control, eh?

A class rank 6 is pretty high up there

Saitama is only a B class

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bisse posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".

lol no one gives a poo poo about marvel/dc bloggers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

I'm gonna shut up about chapters being too late. Whenever that happens, Murata usually has a full length side chapter he's cooking up that gets delivered alongside the short update.

Funny how high-power attacks against Saitama fail (he barely feels them), but low power attacks actually have some small effect such as with the mosquitoes and the cat scratching him.

the side chapter was released like a year ago
The copy before was the official viz one so no sites would host it. the scanlator finally got around to scanlating it, so sites would put it up

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Of course Saitama's worried King would be upset. Deleting the save data on a game you borrowed is mad rude.

e: Onepunch-Man: A Shonen About Manners

I'd say breaking his psp is worse

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Saitama, stealing someone's game and then deleting their data and breaking their console is not very hero-like!

It's just a hobby man

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I eagerly await the several panels and subsequent redraws of the multi-page scene of Saitama picking his nose and stating, "It's a hobby." when someone asks why he's a hero. (not really super spoilerly)

Here's an idea, how about you just don't post spoilers no matter what? There's an entire thread where you can post this and no one will mind and you dont even has to clarify how spoilery it is. Go there

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Guaranteed 100% that she stole one of Saitama's cookies

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It took them 3 seconds for saitaima, and hours for genos.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the only barometer we have for badguys is how fast they chump genos

altho i think that giant guy could have been a god level threat. He destroyed a city faster than boros

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

literally every other scanlation site? the second hit on google for example?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do the translators have a website?

http://nerieru-scans.com

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

that music is awful. Is that from the anime?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TheWyrmDude posted:

Tatsumaki needs a boyfriend. But who would want to date a psychotic brat with the body of a 12 year old?

Oh..... oh. :barf:

why are you puking when you brought it up in the first goddamn place you pedophile

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Zzulu posted:

calling this guy Muratas stuff "filler" is retarded, it's just as good as the original stuff. It's just amazing bonus content

eh, it's too much action, not enough humour

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

everything in this world other then saitama is just regular old shounen

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

you play as saitama playing a video game

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Eyeshield taught me about the unbeatable power of the blacks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Releases might speed up a bit now that Mob is apparently about to finish up the anime tomorrow as well and ONE won't have that using his time.

finally, back to the breakneck pace of 1 chapter every 6 months

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

He jumps on the underground king and kills em

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, the guy who took out Crabante and a bunch of other monsters before he even started working out was a weakling.

Sure.

what bunch of other monsters are you talking about?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

There's a bunch of side-stories in the manga where he beats up monsters while training and he still has his hair. And uh, yeah, he's still loving strong at this point.

yes but that was clearly after he started working out, not before. the only monster he killed before getting stronger was the crab and it was luck that his tie had slipped around the guys eye while he was being knocked around

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

What is with all this goalpost moving? I'm saying Saitama can't have been so weak as to suddenly implode from training, because we saw Crablante clearly kill people who are normal, yet here Saitama not only survives being knocked into a loving building of concrete that collapses, he proceeds to save the child from being outright killed, gets his tie around Crablante, which even if you'd argue is a stroke of luck, proceeds to yank his innards out.

A normal loving person couldn't do that by pure luck, you goal-post moving fuckheads.

you dont see him kill anybody, and he gets knocked away like 5 feet, not into a building of concrete that collapses. the only thing exceptional at that time is his fightin spirit

get these anime shitters off my manga discussion

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kild posted:

He has blood on his claws and he says he killed people. And he still gets hit presumably full force by a crab monster.

yeah right like im gonna believe some guy with drawn on nipples

license less rider got hit full force by the sea king, does he have superpowers? of course not, that would be dumb. saitama got hit and survived because he is a named character in this comic, just like rider

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kild posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk41JMYcGWI

The anime shows blood everywhere then cuts to his bloody claws.

Take to the anime thread boyo

There's no blood in the manga

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Actually it turns out that saitama was just a regular guy who trained really hard and got super strong. He didn't have powers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE is a japanese treasure

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the pacing of this thing has gone to poo poo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

im the guy that couldnt wait a few seconds for the overlay to fade before screenshotting

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

He's been overvalued. At most he should be A rank. Maybe somewhere in the 30s. Genos' problem is that he keeps getting sent to handle problems out of his league because he looks cool.

No way, A class is pretty weak

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

one punch man one punched the enemy bad guy villain

Only half of em

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Flashy Flash is a terrible name because the guy isn't even a showoff.

Yes he is

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

it updates less than berserk

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

See post above. Now what would actually be a crappy super power is the inverse of that - completely invulnerable to harm, but as weak or weaker than an average human being.

Zombie man is an s-class hero

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kild posted:

That seems to be the go to theory atm.

no it isnt

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I refuse to believe that Genos is stronger than the rapist

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

thats the tobey maguire suit

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

It's kind of crazy just how many people give Toriyama credit for inspiring them.

Dragon ball is a worldwide phenomenon that transcends generations. Even now kids are getting into it and it's popular in schools

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yeah but he's too busy working on these storyboards and mob psycho to continue with the original version it seems like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

To be honest what sold me on eyeshield 21 was the pure racial power of the blacks