Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Binged through the translated archives in one night. Then I couldn't take it and started reading ahead in the original-art version. The fact that I'll have to wait a month to see a new chapter in the Murata-art version is nearly unbearable.

This is really good stuff and I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread.

EDIT: Haha, whoops.

Terper posted:

Please don't post ONE spoilers in this thread. It has its own thread.

Thanks. I must've missed it and there wasn't any mention of one in the OP.

Runa fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Saitama's not the hero they deserve. He's a lot better than that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That NEET pulled some really backwards logic out of his rear end just to be smug. After all, ranking systems aren't ironclad and any system run by humans is prone to human error, which is demonstrably the case here. That error being not taking aside the guy who's absolutely demolished the scale you were measuring heroes by and taking his actual abilities into account rather than shoehorning him down on a technicality. The only reason why Saitama's even a C-rank is because of bureaucratic ineptitude, and here's some jerk who's making faulty arguments because he's too dumb to know what Occam's Razor is. "Oh look, a lowly C-rank killed the toughest villain we've seen thus far and was capable of moving raindrops and breaking windows with the shockwave of his punch. That doesn't mean he's in the wrong ranking, it means heroes are worthless!" Honestly, he really should've been punched.

But then again if people besides Saitama had any brains in this situation, we wouldn't have had his real moment of heroism.

Someone still should've punched that guy though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Desperate fight for everyone's lives on the ground, Saitama casually punch-jogging his way through the enemy mothership in the sky. All is as it should be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

It should've been called Normal punch combo.

drat straight. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thoren posted:

I kind of feel bad for the villain.

Boros is experiencing against Saitama what the hero association experienced against the Sea King: a desperate, doomed struggle against an unbeatable opponent.

This is because up until now, you didn't see anybody even coming close to lasting this long against Saitama. It's practically a playdate! :haw:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RatHat posted:

The Sea King wasn't unbeatable

Well, obviously. :v:

We don't have to be all literal all the time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's one serious punch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If only all of ASB's localization trademark dodges could be so cheeky.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The art just keeps escalating along with the punches.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The important thing about King is that he's a really chill guy to hang out and play video games with.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shindragon posted:

:allears:

It was pretty predictable that was Saitama who killed those monsters that showed up to King but I still went dawwww when King realized it was him who saved him multiple times. First License-less Rider and now King. Saitama got more bros.

Gotta love those heartwarming moments.

My King engine is roaring.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

really :kimchi: is a much better emote for it than :allears:

No joke, it is a pretty great feeling.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

I made this for the GBS 'Photoshop celebrities into manga' thread.
It would be the perfect movie casting.

It's doin' me 'ead in.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It begins.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

copy posted:

It seemed like Garou was calling himself a God-level threat when he introduced himself and challenged literally everybody there. I could be misreading that though.

That's exactly what happened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thank goodness they managed to save the hotpot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

rizzen posted:

What the hell? What is this place?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asahi_Beer_Hall

How it's supposed to represent a foamy head of beer, I don't know.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

So maybe I'm reading the flow wrong but she's going at him when the the two others fighting go behind her, catching her off guard, and Saitama just instantly steps in the way to protect her even though milliseconds earlier she was trying to cut his face? The lines of the explosion read like that.

Because it looks like that to me and I just really like the fact that you can 100% be behind Saitama doing stuff like that and he is just the best.

You're not wrong, that's literally what happened.

Also

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

it's as borat would say "very ncie"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People keep making OPs for an OPM anime that doesn't exist and all I'm left with is a sense of longing.

Waffleman_ posted:

A One Punch Manime would have to be a triumph of sakuga to match the manga's art.

:agreed:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Terper posted:

Trigger, obviously.

If there were any studio capable of channeling Murata channeling ONE on a budget, they're it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shindragon posted:

That may have not been the chapter I wanted (with maybe Saitama punching Sonic right in the gut for being annoying as hell) that was still great.

As the goon posted above me, that panel was just perfect.

Poor Tank Top, First Psychic Powers and now Machine's he's lost to. Least he's faring better than his brothers(cousins?)

Disciples, surely.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now flip his name to Rhino Asura.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can take hobbies seriously. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You already know the answer to that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know what this means, right?

It's time to re-binge on One Punch Man.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Saitama eventually does a funny thing later.

*probated for posting spoilers*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Until recently, Mob Psycho 100 was what was paying his bills. That will probably change if OPM continues to keep getting big. Though I imagine he has to split royalties with Murata.

I wouldn't be surprised if Murata is making more off of the redraw than ONE is, but whatever.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Serious Series Serious Face

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup.
They're all moochers.

In other words, an anime harem.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the Garou arc is worth a year of keeping the Murata thread spoiler-free.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's not that Saitama doesn't have a sense of justice, it's just that he's a pretty laid-back guy with too much time on his hands.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

khy posted:

I think it's more that different people perceive Saitama's strength differently. What I mean is, I think that a punch that disintegrates a monster's head would seem, to me, vastly stronger than a punch which send him flying or knocks him out.

Maybe it's because I've seen too many instances of 'super strong guy punches bad guy, bad guy goes crashing through buildings/flying through the air'. Saitama seems like he's meant to be depicted as stronger than the usual tropes and the best way to depict that is with the hilarious gore mixed in with the usual stuff.

Just my opinion of course.

When Saitama punches something or someone so hard that it explodes, people just assume what or whoever he punched was really fragile and prone to bursting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

But really, the gore I can take or leave but I don't think there's any real reason to be afraid that it'll get toned down. Instead, it'll be probably be censored for TV and uncensored for blu-ray. Like in Jojo, where shadows cover up offending elements of a scene anytime someone gets impaled or smokes a cigarette.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It would be pretty funny if they used Hokuto no Ken-style censorship. Unlikely, but funny.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) knows better than to actually make Saitama angry.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He was just saying what we're all thinking.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I forgot Charanko was gonna jump in. :(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like to think of powers like wrestling gimmicks. It's just that some people are really good at their gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Apparently there's someone out there who is fighting to the death for him to be called Common Rider.

That's... actually a really clever localization, considering how he tends to introduce himself.

Still more used to Licenseless Rider though.