Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Popo posted:

Gonna say that a flame thrower doesn't seem all that harmless. Those dudes flailing about on fire seemed to not be having fun and seeing that would probably make those not on fire fairly compliant. Strongman and Magician seemed kind of in over their heads though. But who knows? Licenseless Rider could take a serious beating and walk away. Maybe these guys are hardier than they seem?

Strongman's arm got the sickest Indian Burn in the world and Magician is missing a hand now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did Saitama lose all of his hair?

He still has eyebrows right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gnome7 posted:

No, he doesn't. Its just his brow ridge.

Seriously? Dang, I thought those were eyebrows this whole time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Onepunch Man is basically 'Bodybuilding vs Musclebuilding' The Manga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

No, it's not actually like that

Most of the huge people like Pri-Pri Prisoner are constantly getting their poo poo pushed in. They look intimidating but they're not actually as big a threat as the guy who got super stronk by exercising even though he only looks swimming-buff.

Yeah, I know most of them have powers and stuff too though. Just let me have my joke. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's a manga about being serious when striving to achieve your goals.

Genos has that pretty much on lock now. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pentyne posted:

So, Sonic Speed is S-class level of power, right? And his only concern is beating Genos so he can challenge Saitama?

God this manga is just too good. I really hope we get another "DEATH" pulled punch from Saitama towards Sonic like during his big fight with Genos just to end the constant fighting and Sonic goes "huh. Well I'm done"

Speed Of Sound Sonic (lol) isn't even a hero so it's kinda hard to tell what his level would be. From what we've seen now he certainly doesn't have S-level strength if he couldn't take Genos. Though, the only fights I can remember him losing was that sea monster [Was it a king too?] because he was saving someone else's life and got acid on him and Saitama.

mr. stefan posted:

Sonic (lol) sort of counts?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The real question is if Saitama could throw a punch so powerful that it knocks him off of his feet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

It's completely possible to knock Saitama off his feet. Fubuki did it a lot in this fight. The catch is that you won't actually be hurting him.

Well yeah. Physic powers are kinda hard to resist. I'm asking if Saitama can throw a punch strong enough that he's blown off his feet/ knocked over by the force of it circling around the globe.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama should just be cutouts stapled to Popsicle sticks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone have a website that lets you read it and load all the pages at once? I'd rather just scroll through and go through a chapter instead of going next every single one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Kissmanga.com but they wont have it for a day or so.

I want to re-read it so that's fine with me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

I think actually the best studio choice for a Onepunch Man anime would be Shaft.

Shut yo mouth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still prefer Murata's version but I did end up going through all of ONE's work to see where stuff is going storywise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bisse posted:

It is a good fancomic but it makes me happy that OPM does not do any weird poo poo that most other manga nowadays do. Like OPM has monsters like Sunflower Man or "I ate too much crab, so I became a crab man!" or just a literal fan, compared to this thing which literally does Loli Monster #12 and Loli Monster #28.

Yeah, same.

Ottumon posted:

The best part of the comic was Saitama's butt hair shirt.

It almost looks like a pig rear end.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 17, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In an interview, Murata said he watched the Sistine Chapel painting when he was seven thanks to an out-of-body experience.

Two weeks later, he recreated Starry Night using beans and paint.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

That wouldn't be possible anyway because he never backs down. King's aura only works because he's able to choke back his own terror long enough for the enemy to crack first, no matter how hopelessly outmatched he is. Like Unlicensed Rider, that alone makes him one of the most courageous heroes, and is likely part of the reason why Saitama doesn't mind being besties with him.

I haven't read through the comic that recently. Does Saitama know that King isn't super strong or no?

Is that even a thing that happens in this series? I may be misremembering stuff.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 21, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

So like, I'm guessing you've read the ONE version, and are just kinda dumping that sort of thing unspoilered because you're a dumbshit even though it could actually not have happened yet in the Murata version, right?

It happened very recently.

King ran away from G4 way back when and we all learned that he's not super strong back then, how is that a spoiler? I'm asking if it ever got revealed to anyone in comic that he's not as strong as he's been hyped up to be.

I mean, I could've worded it better to say 'or not' or something, but I thought the intention was clear.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Klades posted:

I'm guessing you weren't paying attention because Saitama figured it out really quickly during that exact event.

I already said I couldn't remember if he had or not! v:v:v

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man I can't even imagine getting probated for spoiling uninteresting poo poo like: Saitama chews bubble gum during villain's speech. Saitama forgets to do housework in the middle of a fight and panics over it. Genos continues to be extremely serious all the time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What else is Murata working on besides OPM?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kuvo posted:

are they off that boat yet? :negative:

muike posted:

did they punch the elf king yet/?

I got most of them but what're these references?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

References to the current arc in Berserk.

Oh, they're both Berserk? Huh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NowonSA posted:

The Baked Potato represents the oppression of the poor by the rich. The butter on his head is the small, insignificant pay and favors the rich give to "butter" up the masses.

And don't get me started on flying around using farts...

I love that Saitama does increasingly remarkable heroic feats and never gets credit. Like, it gets more and more ridiculous. I'm looking forward to him one-punching a giant dragon into a million pieces and everyone just assuming it had a hidden bomb inside it or something.

Saitama will beat the entire Hero Organization in an arm wrestling competition at the same time, with Tatsumaki and Fubuki holding him back psychically, and people will still assume they just handed him the match.

What'd solve the problem is if he toyed around with the monsters after they beat everyone. Or punted them into the mesosphere. You can't explain away someone kicking a monster the size of a house forty+ miles into the air!

But that'd kill a lot of the humor of the story so I doubt that'd actually happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Nice to see a member of the tank top crew who's more than just chump fodder.

I think Tank Top Master was there getting shown up by Tatsumaki when Boros invaded.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

King would obviously be Luigi or Lucas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

Honestly, I hope Licenseless Rider doesn't join the group. He's great because he's just a normal person that stands up to evil, a real hero. Saitama's group is great because it's some slightly weird people slowly realizing how to be real heros; Licenseless Rider doesn't real fit in and then he would need unnecessary and probably clunky characterization that would ruin his impact imo. He's probably also got important not-videogame heroing to do.

I don't think Licenseless Rider would join the group per se but I'd say he's still in Saitama's corner like "You're an amazing hero and I am glad to be friends with you!" (He seems like the excited type to be shouting all the time)

If he does end up palling around in the posse I'd love to see more of what the dude is like when he has a chance to turn off the persona a bit.

edited to sound less like I know what's happening and am spoilng it and more like how I'd like it to play out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

He's the world's strongest man.

The world's strongest man's face maybe.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Then he immediately got smacked in the balls in a really obvious way and some dumbasses in this thread still insisted Sonic was a woman. Like, how do you even function in society if the concept of testicles is that strange and confusing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHzjXrEiQqQ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

You realize hits to the crotch hurt like hell for women too right

:spergin::thejoke:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

When he was introduced he was working as a professional bodyguard, and he also fought the Sea King people.

To me it seems that He's not really bad or good, he is just a mercenary. The only illegal stuff he has done to date has been to try and get the Caped Baldy formerly known as One Punch Man to try and fight him.

He did break out of jail too though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Ehhh, if somebody makes a giant hole in the wall, who WOULDN'T try to use it? Only reason the other prisoners didn't try is because they know they're not fast enough.

Oh well I guess that makes it okay that the prisoner broke out of jail since there was a hole there.

No man, it's cool, I only stole this money because there was a hole in the safe, I'm not really a bad guy!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, Saitama did his training on a single banana a day didn't he?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I always assumed threat level was determined by power, not aims.

Yeah same.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garou is basically Ivo's Amazing Android at this point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

It's actually more believable though, since it's just for the event (about a minute's worth of scrambled memories.)

It's also keeping the manga consistent in that no one can credit Saitama's accomplishments reliably. He hit Garou so hard he forgot he existed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also I think the tournament is paying 5 million yen or whatever money they use.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

I'm impressed by Garou's non-euclidean post-it wall.

Or maybe he has Watchdog listed twice 'cause he's that much of a threat.

Tank Top Master and Tatsumaki weren't that close before either. He must've moved them around in between panels.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Black and white is very not what I was expecting bee-woman [right? It wasn't wasp?] to be colored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Specifically the asian tiger mosquito, nasty little fuckers who raise huge weeping hard welts on the areas they bite instead of little itchy bumps.

Man, I've really forgotten a lot of the little details in this. I remembered her sucking blood out of people and yet still didn't realize I was wrong. :downs:

Since she's not a bee or wasp, I can see why she's not yellow and black.