Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So far playing the Bloodsport theme song in my head during the tournament has been working out. Guess now I've got to listen to my brain scream MORTAL COMBAT! and then try and techno beatbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mulva posted:

Having seen all of the S-class in serious action in the web comic. Guys like Pri-Pri and Metal Bat and Genos are effectively Jr S-Class. The real heavy hitters are stupid powerful, and would be considered broken assholes in a world without Saitama.

Pri-Pri, Genos, and that one black guy seem to be bottom tier. Metal Bat is in the tier with Atomic Samurai. Beyond everyone but Saitama if his little sister is in trouble.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zzulu posted:

I like how Saitama is perfectly willing to let all this transpire before him

Charanko isn't a hero, man.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Schwarzwald posted:

What suggests that Saitama is mistaken is that roughly half of all characters in the comic are actively trying to make themselves stronger (the other half being content to exploit the power they already have) yet none of them even approach Saitama's level. This isn't because Saitama is the one character in the world who's tried honest exercise. It isn't because he has special genes either. It isn't for any reason at all. Saitama simply is powerful.

Saitama is using a plan that anyone else who was serious about getting stronger wouldn't use. You need those rest days for your body to rebuild, and sometimes you're gonna be in a room with A/C or a heater. 3 meals a day, or at least a banana in the morning, is pretty decent advice though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think it's important to remember that Crablante got owned by a little boy with a permanent marker and a ballsack chin.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

I like how the OPM thread is still embroiled in a three year long war over power origins, while there has been a recent outbreak of power levels! in the DB thread so they're both arguing over the nature of power.

Although the DB thing was actually kicked off by a stat straight out of SimCity but you know what I mean.

Oh, did we find out that Vegeta implemented the 9-9-9 tax plan on Vegeta before Vegeta left and both Vegeta and Vegeta were obliterated?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, if you can be rebuilt or regenerate, your defenses have the consistency of wet paper and you're liable to become swiss cheese.

I mean, I guess that's keeping things balanced, cause imagine if you had a dude who was strong as diamond but could also regenerate.

I read some manga about a guy who was immortal because he got infected with some sort of parasite that always fixed him up. Before becoming immortal he was a top tier swordsman, but later on he gets his worms removed or something and he realizes that his swordsmanship has become poo poo. The lesson being that the natural tendency of people who regenerate/can be rebuilt or whatever is to let their defense slip over time because it doesn't matter. The Wolverine effect, if you will.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Blade of the Immortal?

I think so, it was several years ago that I read it and I only read like 1 or 2 volumes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And yet, even after all of this... he still needs a good old fashioned beating.

Maybe the problem is that the universe is attempting to aplly an old fashioned beating to a cybernetic interface. Thus the answer is probably a new fangled beating. One that will properly connect with his digitized interface.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

So Crabiante was an A Rank monster. Kinda proves that argument earlier that even prehero Saitama was a beast.

Maybe. The chapter was about how the hero association doesn't actually poo poo about properly ranking monsters. Also they're more interested in being right in their report than actually being right.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think this is the first time I've seen Sneck and not thought about how he's just some dude who tried to crush Saitama on his first day of official heroing.

The spirit of Licenseless Rider is spreading.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Saitama is proof that man is stronger than monster. If nobody else at the martial arts tournament can beat these monsters, then they're right, monster is the top dog. But if some bald guy who was pretending to be someone else just to get in can do it, well, Humans all the way.

It's all about learning that you aren't as good as you thought and that there's so much further that you can go.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SpacePig posted:

Have crows learned to use the internet? Are crows posting about anime? Have all of my worst fears come true?:ohdear:

The first BBS was actually run by crows.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Suspicious Lump posted:

Wrong thread I know but: Garp being that insanely strong is really weird and doesn't fit.

Guess you missed all the cool Garp scenes or the actions of any of his family.

Like one of the first things we see him do is throw cannon balls harder than actual cannons shoot them. Which is shortly after Luffy casually pushed two buildings over because it turned out Robin needed help.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 3, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RareAcumen posted:

Yawn. Luffy had punched a man that a sphere of gold the size of a ship exploded off of his arm by that point.

Of course that was after he punched a dude all the way from underground, through bedrock, and a building or two, up into the air above the tallest buildings in the city, making it rain.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Death Bot posted:

It's even more agonizing for a ONE reader because th entire tournament is new stuff. It's still good but I've been waiting to see the next arc for a long time!

You've already seen it though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

i flunked out posted:

Why is saitama so cool

He never skips breakfast, the coolest meal of the day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Moltrey posted:

this

dont worry tho, i'll bust it out next time we get on that good "King Best Hero" tip

Honestly, the insistence on maintaining King Kayfabe is far more grating than the occasional appearance of PPP bringing on a few posts about how it's too bad One stumbled with that character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I'm not saying that. I just don't remember how ranks work and thought that A-rank started at 100. I still think Genos is generally overestimated by the Hero Association since he can't reliably be sent out to end fights though. But then again, Tank Top Master's still in so y'know, it's whatever.

Genos is as reliable as anyone in the S class other than maybe Tornado in ending threats. We're just reading about all the times when he had to Worf Out to build the cred for some new monster before the strongest being in the history of the universe killed it with one hit.