Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Some Gamestops still has the Vita skins. I went to my local one and they were too happy to give me one, in case people here are looking for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cannot Find Server posted:

Just a quick bit of advice: don't romance all the girls in this game. They made it matter this time if you do. They made it REALLY matter this time :smithicide:

gently caress. I just finished my 3rd one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Black Frost is what you need to be working towards.

Get Black Frost now. Black Frost loving owns bones.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Whelp, finished my first playthrough.

57 hours. Maxed Fool/Priestess/Lovers/Chariot/Star/Sun/Judgement.
Finished with MC at level 76.
5 choices for Valentines Day. :stare:

Best advice is to make the Black Frost persona as soon as possible. (I think 38?) It stayed as my main until I was level 65.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

So, how did that feel? :allears:

Kind of a kick in the nuts when you have to sit through everyone before you can do the event. Took like 10 minutes to go through everyone.

Went Yukiko, btw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Played for 75 hours so far without a single technical issue.

Same here, 80 hours now, no issues.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Is Persona 4 Arena worth playing? I'm into the Capcom fighting games mostly, but was curious if it added anything else to the storyline.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

E: but seriously, P3P is better mechanically, I think LadyMC is better written and has better S-link stories, plus it's portable! It's really the definitive version.

Honestly, I wasn't a big handheld gamer at all, and bought my Vita on a whim, but being able to suspend a game whenever I want has become the a feature that I've become more and more dependent on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TheWorstAtWords posted:

What level are you? And if Yukiko's SP is an issue, I'm pretty sure you can get the accessory that halves SP costs by then, and the weapon you get from the optional boss in the Castle gives her more SP to work with.

Seriously, Yukiko's fan that's in the optional castle boss room is +50 sp, and I kept it on her the whole game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Black Frost was my go-to in my first playthrough. It's really awesome.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

You do get to keep the items from completing the S-Link though, so if you didn't fuse the persona that it unlocked you can do that asap (once you have the required level)

Your Persona and skill card compendiums carry over too. You do need the required level to fuse a new persona, but you can buy any persona that you already unlocked, even if the level is above yours. (Level 99 Black Frost? Why not!)

You do still need to get all the S-Links in one playthrough if you're going for the trophy though.

Does anyone know if the Risette trophy progress carries over? I still need to get that one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Terper posted:

Just use Teddie's new special ability. It can cause all status effects on everyone in your party. It goes super fast.

Which attack is this?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Anyone have any tricks for getting the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ending spoiler:

For the accomplice ending, all you need to do is select 'join him' when you visit Adachi by yourself, right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I'm almost positive her inventory also carries over. Not 100%, but very nearly.

They do. I am 100% positive.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Never have Yosuke in my party, never not have Yukiko,

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oblomov posted:

Card database carries over I believe.

This does carry over. I just did a new game+ and I need 20 more to get the 100 card trophy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Unmature posted:

Well I'm lvl 80 and it's January 21. Maybe I'll head back into the TV and fight him on one of these last fleeting days of my year in Inaba. How can I game it so I save right before I fight him? His appearance is based around opening a specific number of chests, right?

EDIT: Also, if I hear the chains and Goho-M, will the whole chest sequence restart?

I think so. I've gotten the chains sounds and ran out of treasure chests on the level I was on, and he went away when I opened the next one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/05/report-sega-bidding-on-atlus-parent-company/

Index (parent company of Atlus) is up for auction- 20 companies have bid, including Sega.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'd be happy with literally anyone but Nintendo at this point.

Same. I'm fine with Sega getting it, honestly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

What happens when you max the slinks?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

Very helpful stuff

I meant for the iOS weather app, sorry.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ADTerminal posted:

Black Frost actually lasted me for the rest of the game.
I had to grind him up a fair bit to beat the last few dungeons though, so I would say fusing him away after a point would be ideal.

Black Frost carried me through my first playthrough, now my main one is my level 99 satan and trumpeter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Since this is basically the Persona series thread, A sequel to Persona 4: Arena was announced today.. They're adding in Junpei and Yukari from Persona 3.

Location testing is running in Japan from Aug 16-Aug 18, which means that they're really far along in development.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

gently caress yes. My never buying the original due to the region issues has paid off. Hopefully they don't region lock this.

So, something I'm not clear on - is this a sequel-sequel with a new story set after P4 or even the Golden Epilogue, or is it just 'P4A Turbo' with a slew of gameplay upgrades?

P4:A had a storyline that takes place after the Golden Epilogue, even though Kanji is blonde, and this looks like it may look like a sequel to P4:A, or they could just shoehorn in the Junpei/Yukkari storyline into the P4:A story.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

That's the right way to look at it, anyways. While it's certainly possible to do, it requires pretty strict planning, if not necessarily as strict as it used to be.

Yeah, I was only able to do it in New Game+ after I maxed all my social stats.

Only trophies I need now are the 100 cards registered and the stupid Risette's Line one. Ugh.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Whelp.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

On the bright side, maybe the people at Atlus will replace the higherups and start running those IPs well instead of...how they are now.

Doesn't matter, they'll never come to the US.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Sonic is totally gonna be a secret Persona, isn't he?

That or a Panzer Dragoon

edit: or the guy from NiGHTS

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

You have accepted Hornet into your heart!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

The heck's with all the doom and gloom? I doubt Sega's stupid enough to not bring over Persona 5, Persona games are the like the only profitable JRPGs alongside Darks Souls in the West anymore right? Plus this means we have a really good chance of getting a PC release. :swoon:

You know what else would be an awesome game to bring over?

Phantasy Star Online 2.

Or Yakuza 5.

Yeah.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

And PSO2 is mostly because of all the third party marketing/promotion stuff from what I understand, which probably is a legal nightmare.

I just want to play it on my Vita. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Persona 4 Arena 2 is now called Persona 4: The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold.

They're adding a new character (besides the 2 from P3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Toe2yX7nqU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

One other thing- Supposedly the next Persona Team project will be revealed on Nov 24th.

Teaser site- http://p-ch.jp/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm really happy I played through P3P before P4G came out.

Also, in Persona 5 news-

quote:

The site http://persona5.jp/[1] , which was registered by Atlus a while ago, just changed from a placeholder page to "site forbidden."
http://i.imgur.com/Letrkpc.png [2] ,
Looks like something might be happening.

Hopefully it has something to do with this http://p-ch.jp/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Abu Dave posted:

Playing through this but unclear on something; how exactly do you get the tag team attacks to happen once you get the ability to have everyone in your party gang attack a enemy? Like Yukiko and Chies is called Rising Dragon or something.

It's random, same as the bike attacks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Watch this be a Catherine 2 announcement.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

[Persona 3 spoiler]
So Ryoji isn't dead? I only played P3P, didn't play through The Answer or any of the extended stuff, but there he is in the Persona Q trailer

Excited for Persona 5, glad I don't have to buy a next-gen system for it. Also glad to see the Persona 3 cast is back to shooting themselves in the head, P4:A looked a bit odd without that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hellioning posted:

Shinjiro and Mikoto are there too. It takes place mid game for P3 and P4.

Strange Quark posted:

He is, but so are Shinjiro and the P3 MC, and they're around too, so... I think PQ just takes place somewhere in the middle of P3.

e: f;b

You two are right, didn't even see that.

That being said, I wish it was on Vita. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

derra posted:

That's ... that's Adachi at the end of the P4A2 trailer right?

You mean this? I have no idea.

• Locked thread