Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

Anybody played UnEpic? Is it worth the ten / fifteen odd bucks?
I played the PC version and I liked it a lot; be aware the game isn't shy about killing you though, so I would advise against playing on Hard off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Why the gently caress is Wonderful 101 still $60 to download, when literally every shop dropped the price to $30???
Nintendo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Stick It To The Man is some sort of puzzle/adventure game... I'd never head of it, but it's been out on PC/PS3/Vita for a little while and the reviews are good.
This is a legit good game that has some neat stuff in it and doesn't overstay its welcome. Basically, you run around reading everybody's mind and then solving puzzles by finding and applying stickers to their thoughts. It has a very Psychonaut-y kinda vibe to it. It's also very detailed, but I don't know how that will translate to the 3DS screen.whoops it's for WiiU i'm dumb, it'll look just dandy

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TechnoSyndrome posted:

How did you even end up with 195 coins? I thought everything was in denominations of 10.

Stuff like demos or whatever may only give you +5 coins for a survey.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I just got a reminder e-mail to select a Platinum reward, and is this right that there's no physical reward this time and just downloadables? :what:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Do digital purchases no longer get coins? I'm 35 short of 800.... :smith:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Takoluka posted:

Is Streetpass Premium a monthly subscription or a one-time purchase?

P sure it's a one time.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Box of Bunnies posted:

Oh, that's a bummer. But I mean like, at half price, I'd probably get that much worth of enjoyment even if there isn't enough to the game to carry it to completion, right?

I'm still playing it, and most of the enjoyment comes from the writing and watching the twitter feedgrindcast of the adventurers as they go about their business; the actual weapon creation and polishing or whatever are kinda background tasks and just stuff you do while reading the stream

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

It actually owns super hard.

This is word for word what I came to post

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

JustJeff88 posted:

I would like to continue my pattern of using my old 3ds for digital games and my new one for cartridge games and "new" exclusives.

:goonsay:

why

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Nintendo finally enabled use of gold points on switch games in the eShop as of March 5:
https://my.nintendo.com/about_gold_point

tl;dr summary
  • 1 gold point = 1 cent, so 200 gold points = 2 bucks off
  • You get gold points for purchases, which basically acts as a 5% rebate for eShop purchases and 1% rebate for physical Switch game purchases

Other details posted:

Important Information

• Gold Points expire after 12 months on the last day of the month in which they were earned.
  • Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, or Wii U, or on Nintendo.com (where available), will automatically earn Gold Points based on 5% of the total paid amount (excluding any points or discounts used).
  • When purchasing retail package versions of Nintendo Switch software, points will be awarded when the software is registered via the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch.
  • Purchases of Nintendo 3DS or Wii U DLC do not qualify to earn Gold Points. Additionally, subscriptions, passes, in-game items, or virtual currency do not qualify to earn Gold Points.
  • When redeeming a download code, Gold Points will be issued automatically.
  • Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game's original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.
  • Gold Points can be used toward eligible digital game and DLC purchases for the Nintendo Switch system, excluding passes, automatic renewals, in-game items, and virtual currency.

they do say "on select switch games", so i don't know if this is going to be limited to like 2 games as per nintendo's usual

e: seems to work fine on a number of games so far!

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 7, 2018

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Rirse posted:

Tried it randomly on Dragon Quest Builder. It had the option to use all 516 gold coins on it to knock that amount off in cash. No clue how large the limit is through, but at least it works on a more random game then just Mario x Rabbits.

I tried going to checkout on Golf Story, DQ Builder, and Resident Evil Revelations 2 (which is on sale) and it applied to all of them.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fremry posted:

I have a feeling that the eShop is going to get an overhaul. The whole OS has felt like an open beta since the Switch was released.

don’t hold your breath

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Miles McCloud posted:

I did and half the online matches are so laggy they could have called it Street Fighter II RPG Turn Based Battle Edition.

I’d be down for that

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
From the video game and crab legs deals thread:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's not just horny, it's also stupid - the two-player mode swaps the anime girls for these goobers:

you have my attention.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Dr Cheeto posted:

Jesus Christ that's a hell of a Nintendo tax

I've got like four of those games on my phone already, they're grand, but yikes at those prices.

Bet they still have the onscreen dpad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Amppelix posted:

Why did an Asterix & Obelix game come out

because europe