Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Naga Warlord posted:

Another dud game. I haven't watched a College Tourney before; for those who are regular viewers, is the competition usually this weak?

No. It's like whoever seeded the tournament did it wrong and put all the terrible people together on two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tufts: "What are Yucatan and...uh...Baja California?"

Alex: "No, you dipshit."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Holy crap, you weren't kidding.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
And then the champ couldn't figure out that the Olympic event originally called "quin-something" would now be called "pentathlon," after Alex made fun of one of the other contestants for spelling it wrong.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Nerdfest X posted:

No Jeopardy! today due to Royal Baby. In the US.

code:
   WHAT IS
 THIS BULLSHIT

$TEXAS

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Sadly, Barrett's voice was not loud enough to un-preempt Jeopardy, in favor of this SF-SD preseason football game.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Alan BStard posted:

Also, anyone who doesn't make their Daily Double a true Daily Double is scum imo.

Especially in the first round.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I get to miss Jeopardy for the entirety of the Olympics! :thumbsup:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Aww yeah, nothing like seeing all three contestants write nothing during Final Jeopardy when you said the answer during the "Think" music. :smug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Whoever wrote the closed captioning just missed the point of the category and wrote "What are 'dirth' and 'Earth'?"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Correct. The category was "D Minus," where the responses would be two words, where the second was the first word, minus one "D." The captioner should have written, "What are 'dearth' and 'Earth'?" Knowing the category would have bailed out whoever made that typo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zakharov posted:

I got FJ immediately and I thought it was pretty easy for a tournament level clue. How did others feel?

I guessed "our brown brothers," so I would not have beaten Ken Jennings.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That one clue about curtain fabric or whatever mixed up "lays" and "lies." :argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Shameful performance by the contestants during the Ghostbusters category. But good job, lady in second, not risking anything on Final Jeopardy, because the worst she could do was tie for second.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sony-hack-alex-trebek-says-maybe-its-time-to-leave-jeopardy-20141612

Alex is the best. :allears:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

GhostStalker posted:

Does the no ties rule also apply to second and third place? Because both challengers bet it all on Final and missed, winding up with 0, but it looked like they had different amounts from Aleve on their consolation prize displays to me for some reason. Was it just something I missed because I'm tired or do I need to get my eyes checked or something?

The woman in the middle got $2,000 and the guy at the end got $1,000. We were confused about it, too. Maybe they break the tie by picking the player who momentarily held the highest score?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

We were trying to figure out what that meant, then just assumed that the lady killed her kids.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I expected Lydia to be really tiny, but then Erin was there, looking shorter than Danny DeVito.

I kept laughing at Lydia's wince after every answer she wasn't 100% sure about. Which was almost all of them.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I hope he somehow uses the break to buy some more shirts. Maybe some that actually fit.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I got a repeat last night. :mad:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That was classic "don't overthink it" clue.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Goddamn Lester Holt interrupted Final Jeopardy. It was Yosemite, right? And they all got it wrong?

Edit: Oh. Grand Canyon.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Aww yea guessing the Final Jeopardy answer before they cut to commercial. :smug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ha ha what a boner.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Alex choking up when wishing his mom a happy 95th birthday. :3:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He looks like a lesbian Ken Marino.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Way to go, Cindy. :patriot:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked today when the guy who had no shot at taking over first place and no chance of third place catching him bet everything on Final Jeopardy, got it wrong, and left with $1,000.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He would stall while answering, I think.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
At least, with Lisa gone, Alex can stop being such a creep, mentioning her youth every episode.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
She reminds me of Elena from the Uncharted games.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like how Lilly gave shouts out to her favorite places, instead of her favorite people. And she pushed her sleeves up all the way into her armpits. And we was trailing after the first day by freaking $5,000 and still made it a runaway!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Nan's wager on Thursday helped a bit, too, because it made her gun-shy yesterday.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Bala seemed so depressed! He was all but audibly sighing after getting an answer wrong.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, Riverside sure does suck, all right.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I saw the pile of unread posts and spent tonight's episode guessing what horrible thing they were in reaction to. Little did I suspect that the entire episode would be nearly unwatchable!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

MrNonacho posted:

What is I've been sucking

I hope his next FJ answer is "What is I'm the worst."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The eventual champ's wager was pretty atrocious, too. Why wager more than a dollar? Or anything at all and just go to the tiebreaker if the other guy doubles up?

And still mad about Scrooge. They all call him "Uncle!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
More like big linguistic FAIL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My girlfriend and I found that clue to be one of those, "Wait, what are they asking?" moments. She did recognize Brando, though.