Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you have been in the military for less than six months your command should be able to fire you. Just bounce you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

probably a country that uses AKs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

were the eighties that hosed up or is IDR now a cold war vet

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

We had people doing opium but not much happened because you can't give an entire company the boot while you're in afghanistan.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

What about marijuana use in Afghanistan by US troops? Isn't there a poo poo ton of weed grown there?

to the best of my knowledge they don't test for it because they know guys will pop.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its better than the child support payments you scrubs are paying

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you mean extra grease

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you keep it aimed at the women and kids you're murdering and just lit it run dry

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can't wait to see#1 and #2 go family style and get NJP'd for adultery

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder what 50 foot ant and humper monkey were like together as kids

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sjurygg posted:

Guy was correct in his own rear end in a top hat way, of course. Argon (mixed with carbon dioxide) is a covering gas for MIG and TIG welding to keep the pesky oxygen atoms out of the molten metal until it's cool enough not to boil and sputter in contact with it. Hence we call it "welding gas". Which is something else entirely than "torch gas" or "brazing gas" or similar names, namely acetylene.

Still, kill all POG officers just to make sure.

he probably heard someone else call it welding gas and assumed that meant it was flammable

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not if he grabbed whatever liberal arts degree was the easiest so he could become a career officer just like his unloving father

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

In eve online I scam people although I have recently taken a break. Last week I taught a friend my method and then yesterday I got a message that he had scammed someone out of the largest ship in eve. Turns out some guy had just gotten back from Afghanistan and spent over a thousand dollars of his deployment money buying internet money which he promptly got scammed out of.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how did you get that he lost his leg from a story about some guy spending one grand of deployment money on a game then losing it all

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

because we all loving love dead babies? Maybe thats why this upsets you, you big baby.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

at the date posted:

No place in Texas has a right to call what they sell "kolaches" while the Czech Stop in West exists.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I carry all my books to class in that bag I got at bootcamp

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

my favorite part is where the people on either side don't loving react

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kavak posted:

Last time I saw that .gif posted someone said he actually died.

that's because, as was stated earlier, he got turned into intestine soup.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i did that poo poo in soi on the 15k hump with a pair of danners. whooops

ahaha I bought loving danners and then realized it was like having concrete shoes they're so loving heavy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the sad thing is nothing compares to just a good pair of hiking boots

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

So, while sitting in the smoke pit today, I saw a young Marine walk past with a PFC chevron on one side of her collar and a Sgt chevron on the other. She was heading to the chow hall. I can only imagine the poo poo storm she walked into and how much her "friends" were laughing back wherever she came from. Poor chick.

I also had a guy ask me what a purple heart was for at the gas station the other day.

paint a set of chevrons pink and put them on a random unattended blouse

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Did they really ask who was cold and move them to the front?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is this the book where the sergeant injects an IV into his arm of pure grain alcohol then proceeds to spend the next 100 years in space shitfaced

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

USMC503 posted:

I was the idiot.

I joined the Marine Corps.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Your the British guy in gattica then

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I remember going to the pistol range at Lejeune and being perplexed how the loving wooden rafters had so many bullet holes.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The fact that enlisted are going to get gay married just to get out of the barracks says a lot about the barracks.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Fast attack guy takes selfies in reactor spaces and with plot table, sends to chief, is surprised by crushing fist of God falling upon him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173842/U-S-sailor-charged-taking-photos-inside-nuclear-submarine.html

I hope he gets 20 years lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I really wish the military would just fire individuals instead of dumbing ranges down

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cole posted:

We had a guy hand his NODs off to someone to use. And then that guy handed them off to someone else to use. And three hours later in the dark we are looking for NODs on the range even though somebody has them, we just don't know who.

And nobody had the foresight to make the HQ guys that came with us bring their own poo poo.

yeah never loan someone issued

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Let me commute an hour driving an automatic

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dude rolled low in int but high in luck with a decent amount of charisma. I mean dude made msgt lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

I'm not claiming toughness. If anything, my limp-wristed faggoty academic pursuits and penchant for doodling (anthropomorphized cocks aside) should serve as evidence to my general unsuitability for all things macho and militant.

I just know that if you're getting dragged from your bed, you're probably a loving moron. Worse, you're probably a loving moron without any friends. And everyone who isn't a complete piece of poo poo has at least one friend.

I don't judge people for suicide. But I also don't assume that every veteran suicide is a result of their military service. Or that all veterans, by virtue of being a veteran, is automatically a saint or a sociopath if either term is ever thrown at them by someone with a political agenda and/or an hourly rate.

gently caress you, if someone is a gently caress up you rotate him to BN working parties you don't stone him to death

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That's a lot of potential dogs and land for said dogs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

man I think she'd still smell that

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

I've always been curious what grunts thought of being told to advance at a walk on The Somme or patiently wait for the seawall to be breached at Dieppe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forlorn_hope

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's a sad world when pilots can't talk about their balls with joy and gusto

Thanks tailhook

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I never met a Mormon that was a dick to guys under his command. They were always decent guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if your at a higher level of heaven can you still visit your friends in the scrub tier?