Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Its not so much that you could reverse-engineer the GPS decoding signal. Its that a DAGR has a ton of waypoint data built into it that could be exploited by a reasonably intelligence shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
More stories please

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
If he's not claiming to be a SEAL then why do you care?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Ikarus posted:

Well it has been done at least once, by a guy named Jeff Krause, but that was a long time ago and he wrote a book about it.

You Want Me To Do What, by Jeff Krause

Very funny book. In the same vein is When the Bullet Hits Your Funny Bone by former SEAL Billy Allmon. It's a bunch of funny stories from his time in the teams. Its better than the usual SEAL books about BUD/s and missions and honor and whatever.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I never went on a ship, so any Navy guys I ever encountered were called "Buildingmate"

I'd like to point out that someone else in GiP gave me this idea!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

Y'all niggas is mean.

Check your privilege

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Lord Gaga is a fat, ugly W&W poster. If you followed GLITBL, he was pathetic bridge troll RealKyleH

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

He's real short too

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Sorry bros but this dude was really pathetic + whiny during his time in W&W, and recently he came back in to harass his ex GF (also a goon) in the log cabin. He's kind of a butthead.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lord Gaga posted:

People in W&W are all butthurt cause I broke up with Susical like 2 years ago but were still friends and hang out like 1-2 times per week.

Susical posted:

I appreciate the support and I really feel the love everyone, but can we please shut the gently caress up now because I am really sick of being reminded of him! Thanks!!!!!!!

Hmm.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I already posted this in the Marine thread, but here it is for you anyway:

So back in 2011, I was assigned to an advisor team to train afghan Intel guys. We took on a recent lat-mover corporal (who became a Sgt shortly thereafter), who was lacking in a few departments, but I figured he could adapt and learn. Intel is a tough job to do, let alone teach. Well, fast forward a year: He's not good at.....anything, really. Nearly failed a PFT, was the only guy to fail the CLS test at EMV, and failed weapons handling which forced ME to be the gunner for all of EMV. The dirty, sand-blasted gunner. He managed to zero out a radio during a test. Motherfucker lost his helmet THE DAY BEFORE WE DEPLOYED. gently caress.

It got worse on deployment. He basically acted like a lance, didn't build rapport with his afghan counterparts, and as a consequence they wouldn't listen when he tried to teach them anything. I rarely use the term "shitbag", but this guy defined it. We hated him and he hated us. He actually opted to extend in-country than come back with us. He got baaaaarely better than an adverse FITREP. I thought I was usually very professional, and even defended him in front of the senior staff when they were talking poo poo about him. But after a while I just didn't care. I told every dude, junior enlisted, officer, everybody just how lovely he was. I don't believe there's any redemption there and (God forbid) he ever becomes a SNCO he will be THAT shift SSgt that everyone despises and doesn't respect. He know believes (and is posting on Facebook) that, somehow, I wrote the NAM write-ups for my entire team (our Lt did that) and that the inflation of my accomplishments got their NAMs bumped down to certcoms. These same write-ups that got my Navcomm shot down to a meritorious mast. Yeah, sure. Because sgts are tasked to write awards, submit them in IAPS, and be in charge of the rewrites.

If anyone works at 1st Intel BN, you probably know whom I'm talking about. gently caress you Greg. gently caress you forever.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

an officer on these very forums took out a $20k loan to buy facebook stock when they went public

The same thing will likely happen with Twitter when they go public here shortly.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

ActusRhesus posted:

I did kind of love being in old version navy PT gear at Ft. Jackson and being told I had to wear a reflector belt to go running...because...you know...the giant reflective navy logo on my chest like a drat bulls eye wasn't enough "safety"

please make this forum safer by hanging yourself with that 'flector belt

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
your posting makes me want to kill you, then myself

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
can the dicks have tiny bits of cum spurting out? the cum can also form swastikas

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
swastikum

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
even a cock basketball hoop

it's the most beautiful thing

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The wife of one of my boots was in that attack. Office got blown up and everything. She's still pretty hosed up over it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I only learned my high school GPA once I had to start applying for colleges 10 years later. A bunch of them required a high school transcript, so I called up my school (the receptionist was still working there) and had them send copies to the schools I requested. I also had them send a copy to me just for curiosity's sake. Down at the bottom was my GPA: 2.1
Yowza

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

He isn't. Palms isn't THAT bad. Yuma is "trailer trash and an MCAS"

No, it is. I spent four years in that blasted hellscape. Then I went to Miramar and regained my humanity.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:( goddamn
Killed 10 minutes before the official cease-fire. What a way to go.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRtkCGE40A

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

LCL-Dead posted:

I was one of the rare grunts that actually enjoyed wearing chucks and, now that they've gone back to Charlie Fridays, I'm kind of sad that I'm out.

You know who would say some poo poo like this?

an SOF marine

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Slithery D posted:

IED Iraqi idiot talk:

We're driving back to the FOB, almost home, and there's a van on a side street that starts edging forward. My gunner swings his .50 cal on him and he stops. We drive by. Ten seconds later I hear my platoon sergeant yelling on the net "DON'T STOP, DON'T STOP, DON'T STOP." I tell my driver not to stop, and start a ten count before I'm going to interrupt to ask what's going on if he hasn't reported yet. I get to about 7 and BOOOOOOOM!!!!

Apparently this van had ~1200 lbs of HME in it and he rammed my platoon sergeant in the side, stopped, waived and smiled at my trail vehicle, and then blew himself up after he didn't stop and got 50-75m past him. I'm still not sure whether he just hosed up his initial detonation when he made contact, or he was hoping we'd treat it like an accident and dismount. Two of my guy got concussions, some unknown numbers of Iraqi pedestrians got aced and evacuated before QRF arrived and we had unshit our britches enough to dismount and assess the site.

:magical:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I wanna say he's joking but I just can;t tell

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
This one? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631118

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

I love that loving music

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

https://www.facebook.com/dan.gardner.961/videos/10101038800913374/

some context:
-theyre all mormons so they dont curse
-this is in afghanistan on the helmand river. 2nd lar arrived in july when the river was at its lowest. by december or january(when the video was shot), the river was higher and faster to the point that it couldn't be swam.
-a few days earlier, a 7ton had sank in the same area. it wasn't recovered while i was there.

these guys are trying to go from the bn fob to their companys cop across the river with laundry, muffins and ripits. except the guy in charge wasn't school trained so he didn't know what the gently caress he was doing. left the hull plugs of the bottom of the vic and sank it in the helmand. the vehicle didn't leave bn maint the rest of the deployment and the ssgt vehicle commander somehow avoided an njp. he just spent the rest of the deployment as the camp guard sgt.

:stare:

Back in 2007, our OpsO proposed the idea of floating some of our LAVs across the euphrates in order to avoid a black route between Al Qaim and Rawah. I imagine that it would've ended a lot like this.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
a puppy pile the size of a c-17 sounds dope as gently caress

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Then again, it WAS a training command.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Softface posted:

You never forget your first time in combat. I'll never forget mine.

We were mounted up, people were coming out of their houses to wish us well. Man, we were scared, and we looked it. We thought we had been trained, but you can't train for the real thing. When we started moving out....man, its like we didn't even know how to use our equipment. Suddenly it felt that our uniforms were loose-fitting, our helmets falling over our eyes. Nerves, I guess.

Then it happened. Contact - front. We hadn't even dismounted. People have no idea. They think you'll remember the smell of GSR, the supersonic cracks, poo poo like that. I can't remember a loving thing about any of that poo poo, its a blur. What sticks with you though, what sticks with you 100 percent is what your comrades are saying, when they're hit, when they're fighting, when they're scared.

I'll never forget the words "What is wrong with you Abu Hajar!?!" being roared at me by my panicking comrades.

War is hell, kiddos.

oh my loving god

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
That has got to stain your teeth like crazy

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Admiral Bosch posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot. I went to Standing Rock because I'm a big dumb retard who believes the police should not spray people with water in freezing temperatures. The veterans event was a complete mess and I don't even know where to start.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Her bumper sticker now reads: "His boots, her flop"

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Let's Talk About Idiots! (It's Steve Bannon.)

TBH joining the Trump administration as a staffer is the political equivalent of enlisting with a degree

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Been meaning to go. Been moving and it's been super loving rough because we really want to go and have he annual pass but just don't have time.

And yeah, just wanna go once to see it. Not live there.

Even if you don't go to the zoo, Balboa Park is right there and it's full of stuff. Just park around the corner and explore for the day. It's really rad.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pretty sure getfiscal used to be an SA mod

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit