Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Here's a quick one recently from my training TDY.

One of the brand new tech schoolers, just out of BMT, on his first day of class wore a bow-tie with his blues. I guess he wanted to be classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Me, for picking a career that works 24/7 operations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This one time at DEP call

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

literally eating a Charley's cheesesteak atm

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I remember in :siren: BASIC :siren: how my-now-forcibly-discharged MTI went on about how the AF is the brightest because our minimum was a 38. Meanwhile the guy bunked next to me was easily the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life. Doesn't say much.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I feel bad in that mentally he seems broken, and should seek help for that. But still, holy poo poo.

Edit: what I'm curious about most is how somebody in his position didn't make some networking connections along the way like most seem to do. Is there really nobody else he can call for work other than a janitor?

shyduck fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 9, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have the local news on right now (Fox 29 Philly), and at the bottom of the hour Inside Edition comes on. They just teased an interview with Colonel Dumbass.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A few years back a guy in my squadron went out drinking and got a ride back to base by the weekend drunk bus. After getting dropped off at his dorm around midnight or so, he proceeded to hop in his car and drive to the shopette to hit up the Red Box. He got pulled over on the way because he rolled a stop sign and subsequently busted for DUI. What was worse was it was maybe a 1/4 mile walk.

This same guy proceeded to get court martialed and kicked out nearly a year later for stealing a 40 dollar phone base from the BX. They were going to give him an Art 15 and leave it at that but he thought he knew better.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

What's that thing in the navy where they grease up a broomstick and shove it up your rear end.
the navy

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Coast Computers was the ripoff kiosk at the Biloxi mall, give them your contact information and they'll donate a whole 5 cents to the USO!
Yep, they were there in 2010 when I was there. I believe they hawked PS3s and Xbox 360s as well, as every time I was there I always saw some kid with a fresh haircut and a BMT flight t-shirt playing CoD and getting talked up.

Speaking of BX stuff, Lackland was really bad with selling garbage, since it was the easiest place to get people to give their money away. I know of a couple of people that bought those leather jackets and even one who bought a graduation ring. They also sold Affliction-style AF themed shirts. Thankfully I never saw any of this crap being worn outside of a training environment.

Oh and I do remember getting talked up by one of the fingernail polish people at the San Antonio mall. The woman practically tried to stop me from walking.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 9, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pvt lynch saw more combat than veins at the very least

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

iPhone = hipsters, chicks
Android = geeks, nerds, poors
Windows Mobile = loving weirdos

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think this could be here

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/national/local-veteran-recruiting-his-own-army-raising-fund/nkKdQ/

quote:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — For months, we've seen the terror unleashed by ISIL, from televised beheadings to kidnappings.

Veteran Sean Rowe said he's seen and read enough about it, so he's recruiting an army.

“I'll be surprised if anyone is actually crazy enough to go on this first mission. If I have to go alone that's fine,” Rowe said.

Rowe founded his group "Veterans Against ISIS" on Wednesday.

“We're tired of seeing what’s going on, and it doesn’t look like anything is being done,” Rowe said.

For months, we've seen the terror unleashed by ISIL, from televised beheadings to kidnappings. Veteran Sean Rowe said he's seen and read enough about it, so he's recruiting an army.

Right now there is no "we"; he's the only member. But he's looking for more vets to join.

“These guys are slaughtering and beheading people. We’re going over there to stop that; it’s not about the money,” Rowe said.

The eight-year Army vet just launched a site to recruit veterans and raise money to fight the terror group in places like Iraq.

When you're talking about would-be mercenaries, there are always questions about what's legal, so we asked WJAX-TV Law Expert Dale Carson.

“There really is no federal law prohibiting people from flying to other countries and acting as mercenaries,” Carson said.

But Carson said there are laws to keep in mind.

“There’s no specific law, but if they take weapons, there are weapons laws, and obviously the laws of the other countries,” Carson said.

“We’re not going to do anything illegal,” Rowe said. “This organization is about forming a team to actually do something.”
godspeed bro :patriot:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

from reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's very much blue, yes