Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

So many TLAs, so little time to google every single one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Some shitbird got rolled into* my division in basic. He was always talking poo poo about how his old division was a CNO division (they got a bunch of awards that mean jack poo poo after you graduate). Anyway, he got himself into trouble again, and our RDCs (Navyspeak for drill instructors) were yelling at him in their office. Navy basic keeps track of your fuckups on what they call a hard card (another thing that means jack poo poo after you graduate). Well, one RDC pulled out the dude's hard card, and the loving thing unrolled onto the floor like a prop from some 1930s comedy. :laffo:

Speaking of hard cards, I just remembered another retard from basic. He got rolled out* of our division for some reason, and they somehow found his old hard card. That's right. He went through basic before and got poo poo-canned for being a gently caress up. I guess he tried to enlist again, probably with a fake name. Who knows? We never saw him again.

*The acronym for that one is "ASMO" - Assignment Memorandum :eng101:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

GD_American posted:

30 people reach for their cellphones at the same time.

Photo opportunity? :v:

The only dumb car story I have is the E-5 buying a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (this is when it was still a new ~$50k model) with his re-enlistment money. Eventually, he had to sell it, and he bought a Galant VR-4.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

old dog child posted:

We don't have a smartest dude in the army thread so I'm posting here instead.

A private in my platoon uses old cigarette butts from the ground, ash trays, and trash cans to roll 'new' cigarettes. He says he can never get a job, it is impossible in thiis economy. Meanwhile, two fresh faced 18 year olds show up to the unit and manage to have jobs by their next drill. His roommate is a former Ranger who can knows the Ft. Irwin installation CO and can totally hook our us up with range time. He told LT this in front of everyone. His fiance can't even really be classified as a homo sapien. She is a sentient meatsack. He medidated in the field...during his guard shift. Did you know you don't have to respond to radio checks when you're meditating? It's in the AR about religion dudes. He is writing a book that's a cross between LOTR, Harry Potter, twilight, and whatever else is popular right now (he is giving me a copy when he's done). Oh, he even doesn't have to pay rent because his parenrs are gracious enough to pay his share when he's visiting every day. He hasn't passed an APFT since his last one at AIT over a year ago. But it's not his fault, there's just this one really hosed up spot on the road that's easy to trip on three times. Life is hard for a pimp.

You're going to post this book when you get it, right?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Wait. Was he staff or student? :psypop:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That's ok. He probably spits in the old man's soup. :bahgawd:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Veins McGee posted:

Deck, bulkhead, ladderwell, head, hatch, aye, overhead, port, starboard, aft, gaff, ladderwell, field day

:chiefsay: GEDUNK, SCUTTLEBUTT, SKYLARKING!!! KEEP YOUR DICKSKINNERS OFF OF MY BRIGHTWORK, SHIPMATE!!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sky :airquote:warrior, because sailors are sea :airquote:warriors. You don't want to get your :airquote:warriors mixed up.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Godholio posted:

It's "Warrior Airmen" dipshits.

The Navy has had Airmen longer than the Air Force. :colbert:

I think.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

'sup, cubemate.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Just use while, Jesus.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

MacBook

I didn't know anything about IA
Makes sense. :v:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Samu posted:

CSM move to rip the guys weapon out of his hand, clear it, toss it on the ground and jack the ever living hell out of this guy. Then the OC comes in right after and gives just as bad a jacking. He spent the rest of the day just getting jacked up by various people.

What the hell is a jacking? Did they make him do push ups until his arms really hurt? Did they take him behind the bike rack and beat him unmercifully with their fists? Did they jack him off? :iiam:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

KetTarma posted:

I was in the pretend floating military. Does that mean he authorized a high explosive bombardment instead of an illumination flare?

It's not fair, because all of our stupid acronyms are classified. :argh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

f@ck you, you f@cking @ssh@les

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Today a MSgt was trying to demonstrate to me that a radio in their truck was intermittent, but it was working fine when he was trying to show me the problem. During this he started the truck inside it's tiny little garage with the door closed. Trying to be diplomatic I questioned how well the garage is ventilated, and he told me he was only going to let it run for a minute. I was really close to storming out when he did turn it off. I don't know how long it would take to fill that garage up with carbon monoxide but I don't particularly feel like experimenting either.

With a modern car, it would probably take a while to fill the garage with CO. Then again, it's probably a carburated leaded fuel engine with no emissions control equipment, so you're probably lucky to be alive. Enjoy your lung cancer, I guess. :shobon:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

This one time at boot camp some dude came out of the head with a black eye. Everyone was like "he totally fell, shipmate." :laffo:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Not even subs are immune to spoiled food. One underway, one of our freezers stopped working. We had to toss a poo poo-ton of meat overboard. At least the sharks had a decent meal. :unsmith:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

How the gently caress do you get a cleaning rod stuck in a barrel? Was he trying to use a 30-cal brush or something?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If that monkey took a poo poo in its coveralls and plugged a hydraulic leak with it, we would be able to close this thread.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

dougdrums posted:

Reading this thread, I don't have a whole lot of stories that match up or are particularly interesting. I guess I always have this though:

On the way out to the ship, our first flight was delayed which hosed everything up. We were all supposed to meet the ship in Bahrain but ended up spending three nights at the Pars hotel downtown instead, before we were to met up with a tanker in Djibouti. I'm sure a few people here have been to Bahrain. For those who haven't: I don't consider myself to be the of the highest moral standing or anything, but personally I think they should burn that fuckin' place to the ground.

Some people from our group were getting hookers from the hooker bar on the first floor. So the plan was to pass the time me and a few others would go down to the desk and say we lost our keycard and then bust into whoever's room we knew got a hooker, and then I would yell "MORTAL COMBAT" from the top of my loving lungs and then we'd just embarrass the gently caress out of whoever was in the room by whatever means we could. (Mind you I haven't been sober since we were waiting for our first flight out of the Virginia airport.)

The first guy's room we busted into (a nuke drop) was a pretty good catch. We slam the door open and find him on all fours on the bed beating it while this asian slave hooker was licking his butthole like honey was coming out of it. I yell "mortal combat" while two other guys shove him off the bed and we all have a good laugh while the hooker runs into the bathroom. Later the guy pretty much has no shame and is trying to talk us all into getting our buttholes licked while trying to beg us for beer money.

A little later, someone said he saw one of the undes guys go up to his room with a hooker so we go ahead and pull the same act. Someone slams the door open and before I can yell out "mortal combat" I notice that this is the same slave whore girl the last nuke-drop dude had maybe an hour ago. This motherfucker is tongue deep in this hooker. Like in her mouth with his tongue. All I could say while they both stared at us was "you're kissing (nuke-drops) butt" and then we left somewhat defeated.

One of our nukes got caught with a Grotopotamus on top of him. Luckily, the dude who caught him happened to have a Polaroid camera. Goddamn, that was a hilarious picture.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Captain Amerikkka posted:

Worked with an O-5 that did Electronic Warfare, had a masters in some IT-related field from a legit university, did 25 then got out and currently sells lovely financial products to people on a commission. Word was he whiffed on something like 20 interviews for government positions after he got out and the dude wasn't retarded or weird or anything. I talked to him after I ETSed because I thought he worked for a legit company but I wound up walking out of an "interview" with his regional manager. Later the O-5 called me asking if I wanted to get together and write down everyone I know so we could call them and offer them poo poo-rear end financial services. Long story short you should never bank on your military service meaning anything.

edit: Deleted "not true" because you are more or less right, I just think it's funny when it happens.
Sounds like one of those MLM companies that scour Monster.com and email everyone with a resume and a pulse.

"With your engineering background, you'd be perfect for selling our lovely insurance."

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm not AF, so I had to google what a dash 60 was. Hopefully this image is one, since every other result was either 1960s automobile dashboards, Smith & Wesson revolvers, or loving MLP.

Anyway, show me on the doll picture where this spring-loaded idiot trap is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yeah. I remember some a-ganger nub taking an extended vacation, but not long enough to get into any super-serious trouble.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

One of our chiefs bought a brand-new still in the crate Ducati. I think it was a 748. Anyway, he had it for a few years and decided to sell it. Some junior nub bought it, and the fucker laid it down the first time he rode it.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

His roommate, a big old white guy, saw what he could do, decided he wanted a bike, buys a V-Max. Slides it off a curve into a rock, smashes it up, gets it fixed, sells it, never rides again.
Jesus, buying a V-Max as a first bike is like buying a JATO rocket as a first car.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

So, do the pretend gay dudes have to suck each other off?

For authenticity.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

TheUnhorse posted:

if you want to do expert/hardcore level of veins's game, do a shot for every 'literally' you see. let us know what getting your stomach pumped is like

Don't forget Americans using whilst, amongst, or using the British spelling of words (colour).

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

I too did not purchase an airborne tab

-a SOF Marine

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If you know anyone who had to study for the loving ASVAB, they probably belong in here.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

thehumandignity posted:

Back in 2005 I took the ASVAB at the same time as some girl who came out of the office after getting her results and contract offer on the verge of tears.

She did so badly on the ASVAB that she only qualified for one MOS. Only one. Just one thing the Army decided she was qualified to do.

Seamstress.

I bet she still managed to put the backwards flags on the wrong arms.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I don't know how they score the test now, but when I took mine I swear the result sheet had a different score for each branch.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cenen posted:

we should all just avoid women
Good advice for most goons.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

We had a couple of coners get busted for coke in the middle of a deployment (in South America, of all places :ironicat:). Both of them would have gotten out on honorable discharges if they had waited a month or two.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

too right

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

well at least he got off base :unsmith:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Guest2553 posted:

To keep things on the idiot track...non-ironically posing with your rifle pointed at a wall wearing shades and a pink pop-collar shirt in your barrack room isn't cool. It's not cool on week 1 of basic, and it's especially not cool as an Lt. And if you do feel compelled to take one, don't put it on facebook. Because even if you decide to display judgement for the first time in your life and take it down, once it's on the internet it's out there for good so you really shouldn't be surprised when it shows up again in a very public manner.
You really posted that without the picture? For shame.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That's loving awesome.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

A guy I went to college with got drunk and beat up three disney land employees with a pvc pipe.

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131014/NEWS06/310140018/Update-Navy-aviator-training-accused-attacking-3-Disney-World

there have been no less than five different GMT's/all-hands meetings about this in the two training wings I've been in since.
Well at least he didn't try to rape anybody. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Busket_in_Posket posted:

Ignore that it's from "cheezburger.com," but here's a fun compilation video:

Just link the youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TJk2VneLw