Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

at the date posted:

Please God no. We let evechat in here and the next thing you know it's twenty pages in a row talking about dota or anime or some poo poo like the YOSPOS games thread.

if it's the yospos game thread then it's kerbal usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'd talk poo poo about The International but the in-game streaming was pretty cool to see. Being able to scroll around the field and look at whatever I wanted, then press a button and be brought back to the stream view was well done.

That being said DOTA people are insufferable and the only fun I've had in that game is making people get mad and rage quit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

There's some contractor here working on the network. He's wearing a multicam hat with a blood-type patch on it.

Give him a wedgie and tell him Android is for idiot shitlords

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

whats wrong with android?

Android users are the nerd version of stoner culture

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

It's for poors

this too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nice degloving

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mostly about not getting caught

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Weirdest people I met were from Michigan. :shrug:

Always the UP.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nerato posted:

I resemble this remark far too closely. Are you sure it's not me you're talking about?

the weirdest one was a dude who assured us that the UP of michigan had absolutely no franchise/chain businesses, that everything was locally owned and that he never saw a mcdonalds until he was 16

he was also really hardcore about the salvation army- i think his parents were high up in the organization? idk

we used to make fun of the UP in front of him, calling it the land that time forgot and that dinosaurs still roamed there, and he'd get super silent and mad at us. at least he'd shut up about the salvation army then

the only people weirder in basic were the pagans/wiccans. i don't know why so many of them join the army. it's really goddamn weird to me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They get a lot of poo poo but I always liked a broken in pair of Bellevilles.

I still wear a pair of Bevelles that I got issued in Iraq 10 years ago

They're rad as hell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Florida's not the only one.

Alaska: Legalization with tax and regulation
Oregon: Legalization with tax and regulation
Washington, D.C.: Semi-legalization
Florida: Medical marijuana
Maine: Semi-legalization

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Oregon and Washington DC legalized it.

quote:

In Oregon, the law legalizes personal possession, manufacture and sale of marijuana for people 21 years of age and older. Mimicking similar plans in Washington State and Colorado, the Oregon law will also create a commercial regulatory system for the production, distribution and sale of marijuana.

Washington, D.C.'s proposal, while scaled back compared to the Oregon proposal, allows for a person over 21 years old to posses up to two ounces of marijuana for personal use and grow up to six cannabis plants in their home. It also allows people to transfer up to one ounce of marijuana to another person, but not sell it.

The issue is not fully resolved for the District of Columbia, however. Because of its unique status as a district, not a state, Congress has the authority to overrule D.C. laws and some lawmakers have signaled that they would likely work to overrule the popular vote.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

How do you get probation for shooting yourself?

Unlawful Discharge Of A Weapon

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Thump! posted:

does the Army do coed basic training? If so, then yeah, while lotta sloots out there.

yeah, at Fort Leonard Wood and Fort Jackson. Sill, Benning, and Knox are all No Girls Allowed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

honestly they probably just gave them back their cell phones and poo poo before they were shipped out to AIT so they can have them taken away again for a while

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that ds is probably balls deep into one or both of those girls

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

McNally posted:

Do they still do basic at Knox? Last I'd heard they'd moved that poo poo to Benning.

Ahh. It was still around when I did basic 12 years ago.

Cojawfee posted:

Wait so there's coed boot camp as in boys and girls together? How do they keep them from boning each other the whole time?

I was at Leonard Wood. Barracks were the usual Army setup, so there were 2 man rooms, 8 man rooms, and day rooms were 16 man rooms. None of them had doors, and you had to change in a changing room.

Dudes were on 1st and 2nd floors, Girls on 3rd floor. We were never allowed to go to the 3rd floor, ever.

Really the only opportunity to get laid would be if you snuck out during chow and hosed in a bush or next to a dumpster outside of the DFAC. Both of which happened.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Remember all the dumb poo poo that went on in high school? Now pretend you're effectively locked up with those people and you don't see or speak with anyone else for weeks at a time. There's enough drama without sex.

also sometimes those people all have loaded weapons and they are all overtired

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Willy Pete posted:

So really, boot camp is like 10 weeks of high school gym class with automatic weapons.

so its just high school today

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

one drill weekend our new CO (who was a state trooper) decided a good training exercise would be to get everyone into their vehicles and practice a convoy in the city our Armory was in. He insisted we all let our antennas flop free, which of course hit every loving tree and telephone wire along the way.
Best part through was making a dude without a license drive a M997 in it. He sideswipped a car along the way. The CO disappeared for a bit and we never found out what happened with it.

Also there was the girl who used the throttle lock in a LMTV as a cruise control and promptly read ended a Lexus on an exit ramp at 40 mph. She was promoted to E-5 a couple months later.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cole posted:

I got my driver badge for the four or five times I drove in Afghanistan.

everyone in my unit got a drivers badge except for the one guy who drove into the hesco at the gate at FOB Gabe, when his night vision batteries died

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

When you really gotta pee but theres a dude dumping at the time but he opens up his legs to let you shoot the gap...that's brotherhood.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how minor we talking here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I got an ARCOM for running cable on FOB Gabe so 3rd ID could play Halo 2 against 1st ID.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this dude is a medic iirc and from what ive heard hes cool as hell irl

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Zeris posted:

Captain Rattan is a dentist

Ah, I knew he went through Fort Sam and worked with a few people I know.

Cojawfee posted:

What prison factory was given the honor of figuring out how to make an ACU turban?

The same people who make the ACU yarmulke

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

I ate a whole box of fiber one bars in afghanistan once. I thought I had appendicitis for a day or so into a 5 day patrol. Turns out I'm not immune to fiber one bars.

The sad part was my poo poo wasn't even impressive large.

when olean was a thing i bought a can of pringles and was playing dreamcast all night and eating the chips normally

i thought my colon had burst open and i was making GBS threads out my organs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GyverMac posted:

Lets hope this guy just finished a hard week of field exercize, and thats the sleep deprivation talking. If not, then god drat, how do they even get so far as to actually get a weapon with live ammo in it when theyre that stupid. Its not like America has conscripts anymore. Some US army goon explain please? Is there litterally no tests at all before people in the US can enter the army?

theres the asvab, which just makes sure you can do basic addition/subtraction and read at a 3rd grade level.

I once saw a navy e-5 load a magazine into a M-16 backwards and upside down. She banged it against a rock to get it in there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i was expelled my sophmore year

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Bill Cosby didn't graduate high school and he raped way more women than most Marines.

he was navy though

and marines are part of the navy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nothing is real

except chemtrails

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

watching someone have a psychotic break is pretty cool

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iyaayas01 posted:

I'm seriously considering turning down becoming a civilian for joining the Reserves or the Guard

gently caress

you belong in this thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Bradley Morris' first suggestion for me was to work for an elevator company in NYC for 70k.

You, me, HDI should go fix elevators or whatever the gently caress an elevator company does.

Otis?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive only gotten one ticket since i got my new plates

but that was just a bullshit cell phone one. just had to buy a hands-free unit and mail the receipt in to get out of it. (I returned it afterwards because bluetooths are for old people to use in the aisles of wal-mart or while they fill up their large cup of gas station coffee at the 7-11)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

:stare:

what the gently caress are you guys doing in your 03xx MOS training that's causing so many drop-outs from women?

pullups.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Something something Kashyyyk

the scores on the bowcaster range is excellent, though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LCL-Dead posted:

haha, I could imagine why, but nope. I was just your basic 0352 stuck in a pog battalion.

what are your opinions on mypay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If you didn't join the Marines, you're not fully retarded