Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Oh goodness. Thank you, Tale's of Games. Thank you so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My reaction to this thread: [Wow][Good]

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

This would be perfect if you could fit in the KS tagline.

Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

MultiWerar posted:

Yeah, that really was the best thing about the first Barkley game. Just how completely straight it was played. From fighting a ghostly Bill Cosby to a fight to the death (with Sweet Georgia Brown playing in the background!) with Michael Jordan. It is all played dead serious.

Complete with gratuitous ellipsis use so you know it is really serious.

I'll echo this sentiment. The whole of the game's writing is unflinching in its adherence to the game world. Barkley is the perfect straight man in this sense: he realizes just how ridiculous every thing is, but he still lives inside the world and is forced to comply with it all. In a way, it makes me think of Hank Hill and what makes King of the Hill such a good show.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

Maybe Tim Duncan would be down, his love for WoW and DnD is well known.

I envisioned the Barkley sequel as a game called Slam Spirit Summoners where you allied with the ghosts of ballers past to dunk your enemies into oblivion.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

DrManiac posted:

So basically Final Fantasy 10 with basketball players.

Hoops is titus, who will be Yuna?

I dunno, I thought of it like Jade Cocoon. Really, I just want a game where my team can consist of Barkley, Shaq, VC, Blake Griffin, and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Even if Barkley did die on Necron 5, did his corpse survive intact? Because I would hate for the Shrekmono to be destroyed. That was the Duergar union leader's fey mood artifact; if he found out it was destroyed in the Epicenter of a Chaos Drunk he'll either go on a killing spree or fall into a deep, inconsolable depression and starve himself to death.

Holy gently caress, I forgot about the Shrekmono. BSUaJ:G,COotHBS was truly a masterpiece.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 6, 2012

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

This is awesome. I really love the look of the game, it's both cartoony and very lively. Great job, fellas.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Spikey posted:

That sounds like a really good idea. Maybe pair it with a "Get your art into Barkley 2" contest.

Finally, a venue for my Shrekmono oekaki (that's "drawing" for you gaijin on board).

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How powerful of a Game'sing rig do I need to run TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2ofHBSG? My laptop (more like craptop, heh) is pretty weak, and I don't know if it will buckle under the immense weight and girth of this substantial vidrig.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I would increase my donation significantly if you guys could get Charles Barkley to narrate the prologue.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Non-denominational season's greetings, Barkley 2 thread. For X-mas, I received a pledge to the Barkley 2 campaign in my name. I come to this thread seeking reimbursement for my baka family's poor decisions, and compensation for emotional damages sustained to the tune of 5.000.000 yen (approx. $5000). I will be seeking litigation for this travesty if my demands are not met. Barkley 2 is a mockery of true vidcons everywhere, and it is a project that no true self-respecting nihonjin should be supporting.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

5,000,000 yen is almost $60000 dollars. You are mockery of true vidcon gamers everywhwere.

I don't work in degenerate American currency often, sorry. I guess it works that this pitiful excuse for a Kickstarter is performing well, because I will be paid my dues or else. I come from a long lineage of some of Japan's finest lawyers, whose peerless logic could shatter the frail mind of any typical American lawyer.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If it takes you $120000 to make 3 animated cutscenes, would $100000 get us at least one? Maybe an opening video?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Chef Boyardee posted:

Foreskin isn't doing anyone, least of all gamers, any favors. We just feel like it's time we lead the charge against foreskin in kart racer format.

Is there a Grand Bris game mode?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

On my university's "meme page" on Facebook, I only post snarky one liners like "chicken fry" and "joke's".

Warning: these memes are canon.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 6, 2013

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I want to see the next step in the Barkleyverse mythos. Who created the Space Ziggurats? What does Cuchulainn want with the dwarves? Why is negative b-ball energy so inherently destructive? All these; and more.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Queklain no Vengeant is actually the original Japanese title, and more importantly, the correct title. Who even localizes this stuff?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

But what if... This thread, is the real game?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I Payed :10bux: for Barkley and All I Got Was This Crappy Thread

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

owl milk posted:

what happened is they got enough funding to make the game way way way bigger than they first planned so even tho they hired another guy it's taking much longer than anticipated since they're still a very small team and want to maintain a high level of quality. the last update is an obvious indicator of that, where they finally finished the backend stuff after like 2.5 years and can now really work on content which is a very professional approach and p much the opposite of how indie games work.

if you want regular updates you should sub to frankie's streams, he's been doing barkley 2 stuff about every other week and plays it sometimes to test stuff. it's looking really good

Also $120k spread out over multiple people and three years is not a fulltime budget so these people have other jobs they need to work.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

quakster posted:

Can I copy-paste the error messages from the old, crashier versions of Barkley into B2 for sweet, unique Gun's? It could be like Monster Rancher, where you could go through a hundred discs in one go, only to wind up with a green Suezo and a Mocchi with worse-than-default stats.

Monster Rancher ruled and is one of those experiences that could never possibly be replicated today. The physical satisfaction of slamming a sick monster disk down was simply the best.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Do guns have alt fire? I think something that would be fun/weird would be a gun that shoots out bullets that hang in midair, and then travel towards a laser pointer when you alt fire. Probably too complicated but that's my thought at least.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

circ dick soleil posted:

Trump is a portmanteau of truck and pump, and Donald is Donald Stirling.

Fun fact, Donald Stirling was the original Queklain but he probably would have sued ToG back into the Stone Age so it was a no go

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So did the fake interview happen yet?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My, what big games you have, ToG!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

A gun that shoots nothing. A banner reading "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME" scrolls across the bottom of the screen.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

obstipator posted:

a gun who has ricochet bullets that draw dots on where it's going to bounce and you get crits if it bounces off a wall before hitting.

A gun that replaces this game with Peggle permanently.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I hope this entire thread gets put on DwarfNET

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Milkman posted:

I believe in ToG

I Want To Believe

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The game... is out there.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

i have boobs, but only ironically

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

[Boo][Bad]

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

[Woo][Rad]

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

Quality over quantity friend

In the case of Barkley 2 this produces a divide by zero error.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Basketba;; sports

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

They could at least release a demo build so we can actually try the game.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Basketball 2k2023: The Ultimate Barkley Experience

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Is that the game where you have to match the little squares and triangles? I loved that game! I played it all the time when I got bored in high school calculus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

You guys should talk to adult swim games maybe they can help you finish it theyve scooped up some other indies already

The biggest issue as far as I can tell is that the crew is really really pushing the Game Maker engine to its absolute limits with the size and scale of this game. A production company could help if they wanted to port the game to a new engine (maybe not a bad idea) but at this stage of development it's probably sunk cost more than anything.