Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Just popped in to give you a small preview of the incredible leap in 3D graphics detail that we got when we switched over from DX10 to DX11:

DX10:

DX11:

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey fellas, check out these gun's:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There is a number of gun's graphics now, both hud and ingame, and depending on how far we are willing to go (infinity), there'll be a lot of different looking gun's. There already is a lot.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Machine posted:

I'm trying to play through Barkley Gaiden for the first time and I'm having kind of a bummer of a time because Vinceborg's eye laser keeps crashing the game randomly :(

I recall this sort of problem happening before, are you playing the PC or Mac version?

I'll see if I can get the ToG overlords to spill their gut's on this matter.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
ToG overlord's have spoken.

It is a problem with the SuperSound gamemaker extension, apparently you'll get rid of the problem if you restart your machine.

This is all the corporate rear end in a top hat's would tell me.

Good luck.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Machine posted:

PC, Windows 8.

Post from above:

ToG overlord's have spoken.

It is a problem with the SuperSound gamemaker extension, apparently you'll get rid of the problem if you restart your machine.

This is all the corporate rear end in a top hat's would tell me.

Good luck.

If this doesn't work we'll have to dig deeper....

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Barkley 3 is the catalyst for the Cyberpocalypse.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
For anyone who wants to experience auditory suffering, we bring you the latest dirge from the resident dirgemeister, cboyardee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHq5rp3PKc

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cybershell posted:

Saw this non-canon filth and it was so corporate attitude it made my skin crawl

This looks beyond wretched...

I'm talking about Barkley 2.

Kanye Quest looks really good.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I want to post some character creation screens and stuff but I am prohibited to do so by my strong work ethics (?), and by ToG's corporate attitude.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
For any Pax prime attendants, please come in cosplaying as characters from barkley 1.

For example:

1. Eric the snail
2. Chin, the store manager
3. Sonic

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I want diabetus and slowbiff to attend pax and retsupurae the ToG booth.

EDIT:

I was given the permission from my ToG overlord's to warn anyone coming over the ToG booth: A right hand is required for the full ToG experience. If you do not have a right hand, you can substitute your left hand as such by relocating your thumb on the other side.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 15, 2013

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The ToG team has arrived at P.A.X. and are preparing for the trials ahead.

I anxiously wait for the first insufferable 300 pound fedora nerd to refuse to leave the booth until he has 100% completed the demo and character creation.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I wanna see some vids of people doing the character creation live.

Chef told me that some guy called Maxwell Mcgee (gaming journalist(?)), did character creation and when he came out of the astral lounge, he was absolutely flabbergasted and had the best look on his face. It was a life changing experience for him.

I wish I'd seen that.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cybershell posted:

Hey guess what nerds I played Barkley 2 at PAX today and it was funny and fun as gently caress. I'm also the first non ToGlord to go through the Barkley 2 character creation, it was a transcendental experience in which I got interviewed by a real (real) wizard and I even got a code so I can use this character when the game drops.

I don't want to bother you with stupid bullshit, but can you tell us what you liked and disliked the most about character creation (and the demo)? I'm always trying to improve and fix up CC and it has stagnated inside ToG'sters so much that we need some outside people telling us how awful it really is.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I would love to see things like this, ideally in a moving picture format such as .gif or .flv

Man, I've been searching for pax stuff every few hours and there is just zip. Nada.

I guess everyones gotta wait until all the youtube superstars reserve a full month to add in all their stupid special effects and forced storylines into their whacky pax coverage videos.

gently caress.

Just give me some average joe off the street who brought a camera with him.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/374200656220811264/photo/1/large

Check out this eldritch bad boy. Who is this mysterious figure?

Swing by the ToG pax booth and find out.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
ToG is gonna be attwitch tv pax stream soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Make sure you tune in to see them completely humiliate themselves in public.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'll have to ask the tog sludgelords what the Q3 2014 estimation is based on because I just don't see it taking that long with the way things have been shat out recently, even if it was for pax mostly. But who knows. There's still a whole lotta game to be made.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Bakely 2 will feature extensive shaky cam and spaztic jumpcut editing.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh, did the release date get pushed back? I was under the impression you were planning for Christmas 2013, but I was wondering how realistic that goal was once the stretch goals started rolling in.

I think he might've come up with that on the spot. I mean I rewatched that bit with ToG on twitch tv and well... it looks improvised.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, apparently only about 60 people did the live CC at pax, and whole lot more played the game.

I'm disappointed at this ratio.

This was because the ToG booth was mistaken by many as a maintenance closet and the ToG staff was mistaken as the janitorial staff, so people just ran past it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Akbar posted:

I think I saw another interview with Chef somewhere recently that pegged the game coming out late next year. I'm okay with the delay if it means you guys get to make the game you've dreamed of. You've earned some slack.

Please don't encourage slacking to ToGsters, they are lazy enough as is, heh.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Barkley 2 is just a big scam.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

YourAverageJoe posted:

Set up a camera and record the Wizard doing his magic. Set up a mic under the table so everyone can hear.

Before Pax I told Chef that they should make a portrait/painting (of me) that they would hang in the wizards booth, and it would have the eyes cut out and replaced with webcams that stream directly to twitch tv or something, so people can join in. Also microphones in the ears and a speaker in the mouth to make the booth haunted.

It never happened. Instead ToG overlords went and bought a wheelbarrow full of doritos.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Whoa...

That was some experience.

PS. apparently the stream was recorde or wahtever so it'll be up on twitch later on???

Just in case you, for some unearthly reason, missed Wartune (male gamers only).

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Dad's confirmed for Barkley 2.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Skilleddk posted:

Are you guys adding gamepad support? And are you still hoping to release it this year? I'm gonna take a week off work just to play this, seriously :ohdear:

I'm fairly sure gamepad support is in already (they used controllers at pax(?)), although right now it seems to be a bit picky on what type of controller works, but if you have a pretty new one I think you are gonna be fine. If not, joytokey, the ghetto way of having controller support.

As for the release date, unless there is some sort of divine intervention, this is going to be a 2014 game. Sorry.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So whos going to MaGfest tomorrow/today/now?

Be sure to check out the awful ToG booth, you will appreciate everything in life so much more after experiencing that disgusting hellhole.

I'm afraid I don't have anything more specific than that, I'm sure one of those ToG sludge overlords will post in here to market their godforsaken game.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Noxjunx posted:

Are they only going to be there Thursday, or during the whole Convention?

All the time as far as I know.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
From Thursday till Sunday.

I think its about to start or already has????

Now for the next few days I will be anxiously waiting for any footage and poo poo but if things go like they did with pax, well, there won't be anything until a few weeks has passed.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Trying to look for a magfest stream but I don't think there really is any. Maybe just some guy filming some really uninteresting panel or something but I think thats about it.... for now....

I hope someone will video the live character creation.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

NickPancakes posted:

I really hope someone films it too. It was so amazing at PAX and so hard to describe what's fantastic about it.

Now that I think about it, there would be some problems with getting the sound recorded too... I'm not going to say anything beyond that because I'm afraid I'll ruin someones enjoyment of it if I tell how it goes down.

Not that you'd be reading this if you are at MaGfest but you never know.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Goddamnit did they get some dumpster spot again?

Like, between two circus tents next to a bunch of trashcans and toilets that no one will ever find, just like at Pax.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Obviously Michael Jordan is the one organizing all these conventions.

That son of a bitch.

EDIT:

I sure hope there'll be more visitors than at pax.

EDIT2:

There is apparently a Looney Toons Bball tournament right next ot the ToG booth.

Jordan really is organizing this one.

EDIT C:

I'm afraid the Bballnacth is gonna happen any second and we'll all be hosed.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 3, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jenner posted:

I'm gonna try and rally a bunch of my friends to go over to them once they set up, I'll also go take a few more pics of its set up and location so you guys can get a better idea of it. I personally don't think it's in purgatory so to speak.

There's also going to be a MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase (MIVS) on Saturday at 4:30pm and I'm sure they'll make a strong showing. I'll record and share what I can from that too.

I'll check back in with this thread later, pizza party. :v:

Thanks!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jenner posted:

I'm on the list for the Wizard, looks like they're having occasional technical difficulties but I'll do my best to get a video for it before the end of MAGFest (if I can get in there. :ohdear:) Here's some more pics.

Good luck on the character creation trials ahead.

You're gonna need it............................

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
MaGfest ends today, and I want to remind everyone to rent a locker or a safe inside a bank vault of the bank of your choosing. This is, of course, to deposit the character creation receipt in safety. When the game is released they will be sold for thousands of dollars on ebay.

So which will you choose? A bucket of gold, or a premade character?

Tough moral choices.

This is my premonition for the year 2014.

EDIT:

Looks like the troops are back home, safe and sound. Clispaeth bless.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 6, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Looks like there is a speedrun of Bakely 1 done by the AGDQ (?) tomorrow, and the ToG bad boys just might drop in uninvited. Or so I have heard, it's probably all just a load of bogus. There's all sorts of threats on twitter at least.

Anyways, who stopped by the T.o.G. booth at MaGfest due to morbid curiosity? Did you think the B2 demo was the worst garbage on earth? Did you keep checking your watch in the Character Creation booth while trying to hide your yawns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

I'm very sorry the unhygienic ToG dorks and their unsanitary wizard booth gave you diseases. They cut down on expenses and built the booth entirely from stuff they found in the sewers, like old bathrobes, towels, doritos posters, drapes and broom sticks.

EDIT: I'm sure they can send you one of the pillows if you missed yours.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 8, 2014