Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012
YES.

This is looking to be fantastic and I just can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

slowbeef posted:

I'm seeing Dark Ishimaru personally, but who knows.

His hair looks like an ice cream swirl, I'm saying SHSL Ice Cream Maker. Delicious

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

Gaulems posted:

If you don't like Gundam Tanaka in some way then I am pretty much judging you.

This is so me.

Although now this extends to Nidai Nekomaru too.

I mean, his bathing suit that Usami chose for him was a speedo. He could have had anything else in the world. He got a speedo. Someone likes him just as much as we do.

Also Souda continues to be one of my favorites because of how absolutely adorable he can be. IDK I'm not getting that killer vibe from him. I think he's going to be like a shark where if you bleed near him, he'll kill you.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

See, I have to disagree. I think she will survive to the end on one single meta-detail alone;

She has a ton of portraits. While the other characters seem to have two or three thus far, she has about somewhere around ten. Either the artist just had a ball of a time drawing her up (Which is plenty possible, though unlikely) or she has a lot of content because she'll be around.

Except Ishimaru had just as many, if not more, in Dangan Ronpa 1 and he was gone chapter 3. So I don't think number of portraits means anything at all.

Plus, I mean, look at her. Wouldn't you want to draw a ton of portraits for this chick?

Gaulems posted:

Who do you guys want to see become bros? Personally I want to see some out-of-the-ordinary friendships. Maybe Nekomaru and Hiyoko or Sonia and Gundam.

Souda and Gundam. Souda's a shark, goddammit. Gundam can train him to do flips out of the ocean.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012
Wow this is just...

I wouldn't use 'dumb whore' on anyone, it's not appropriate. A girl wants to get naked. She doesn't see a threat because she doesn't see what we've seen. Not only that, if she's a SHSL gymnist, I think she could probably handle most situations herself.

She just does what she wants and she seems pretty confident.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

slowbeef posted:

Everybody shut the gently caress up about the dumb swimsuit thing.

...And someone get on explaining how the crossdressing thing is "obvious." Can't a guy just not want to swim?

Because it was a plot twist in DR1 so clearly it has to happen again.

Because Spike is just as uncreative as the rest of us.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

Coolguye posted:

For a while in the DR1 thread I suggested we go back after plot points and call out the people who were most painfully wrong about poo poo EXPLICITLY TO discourage this darts bullshit that pervaded the last thread and is running rampant over this one.

At the time everyone called me a funhater because it would discourage speculation. I maintain that publicly laughing at the people who spewed nonsense was a good idea then and is a good idea now.

This isn't speculation in the murder mystery style.

This is speculation in the hands of a grade one class. And at least they only have like half an hour.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012
The Opening is such a strange thing because it's not even very accurate for the SHSLs of each character. Gundam has fricking magic circles, and Nidai is covered in fire.

Although, it's entertaining as gently caress.

Also everyone has great face. I love it.

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm wondering if there are spoiler-y things now possible in the opening video.

One thing I found notable was that at 0:47, you can definitely see some of the students standing like the bit in the first game when the students were watching Leon's execution. There are a lot fewer there, too, so I'm not sure if that's a major spoiler as to who survives or if the developers are just pulling our leg.

Well, there's only two rows of people, so maybe people are just behind them?

Or maybe all executions are shown on a television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metropoliszone
Oct 9, 2012
Gundam and Souda for freetime, even though I'm going to lose the Souda vote, dangit.

• Locked thread