Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Invisible Hitlers? I don't know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCPRqmMsKYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's either this or Tory-Ukip coalition.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Betjeman posted:

The UKIP thing was from 2010, from waht I understand Farage has been denouncing that manifesto ever since. I'd be more interested to know what their non clown-car manifesto looks like if they ever get as far as printing one, as UKIP policy is currently interpreted by the general population as all things to all Englishmen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I fear the day when I see Farage pictured without a fag. That would mean the end of freedom in the UK. Somehow.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wait, no beer or cigarettes? Who was it even supposed to be?

E: Also, I can see a badger, a fox, and... a fuzzy penis? That's new.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 6, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ReV VAdAUL posted:

It is the true mark of the master cartoonist to state in plain text in a picture that the subject was wrong.

Look at this doggerel from Steve Bell using imagery, satire cultural references and implication:

The Amateur could have just written 'Thatcher was wrong' on a drawing of a gravestone and made the best political cartoon ever.

Not gravestone, though. A carton of milk.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Crashbee posted:

Mocking pretentious posh people for drinking expensive wine is anti-intellectual?

Pissing in wine is also 'working class people doing something mundane'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SedanChair posted:

Do you want them to learn English or not? :psyduck:

They want less immigrant full stop.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

woah woah woah what's going on here Farage and The UKIP aren't allowed on communist islamofascist broadcaster the BBC because of political correctness.

unless... they've been lying to us

They only allowed them this time to take everything he'll say out of context and present him as a racist that he obviously is not. HOW DARE YOU?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'd say he's embarrassed that he still can't take this nasty lemon out of his mouth.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I love the word 'hoist' and I love everything about Farage, so it's officially my favourite cartoon so far.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kurtofan posted:

Just saw all the 88's, very fitting.

In the year of our Lord 2014, what on Earth do you see in such an innocent number as 88?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't even know how you Brits deal with the Church of England. Its founding is one of the biggest jokes in history and not even old people seem up for denying that.

You didn't see ratings for Songs of Praise.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cloudchamber posted:

There's more to it than that. The Vatican didn't have a policy of blocking all divorces as most people seem to think. Just a few decades earlier they had granted a divorce to Louis XII. The reason the pope refused to give Henry a divorce was because of the influence of the Habsburg Holy Roman Emperor, Charles V. The Habsburg's were hoping that they'd be able to extend their empire to England by marrying his son Philip (the one who'd later send the armada) to his, then only heir, Mary. This all went wrong for both parties obviously, but Henry was quite right to withdraw the English church in this case away from the power of Rome.

To be precise, marriages can only be rendered null and void (i.e. the marriage never existed) in certain cases like mental illnesses, infertility, etc., which is totally not a divorce. :v:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Maybe I should have done a World Cup cartoon count.

RIP A. Fox. :qq: There's an owl, though, which I like better than a badger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The car in the bottom right corner is something out of this world. Alien optics laws at work.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

" Look who's pointing the finger - Chris Riddell on Conservative attempts to discredit the Labour leader"
I absolutely love this one art-wise. It's nice to see party leaders depicted outside their usual stereotypes for once.

Milliband wanking silly, though, I don't like.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stottie Kyek posted:

I don't remember Lenin being so fat or misshapen. How come Thomas can do passable caricatures sometimes but not when he's drawing portraits and people in the background?

Is it really supposed to be Lenin? Looks more like Khrushchev to me, although I can't imagine why his portrait would be there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cameron has just suffered 10 true damage and his eyes are shining because he's about to cast a spell.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This fat cat is so :3:, I can't really blame anyone for siding with them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I just hope this will be the end of the barrage of kilts, haggises and ochs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stottie Kyek posted:

You need to watch more Soviet cartoons, here's Volk from Nu Pogodi at the beach, having disguised himself to catch the hare.

Here's the lady he stole this suit from.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Guardian:

Alright, this time it's straight up breasts on Cameron. They are not manboobs either, they are a pair of perfectly sized female knockers on a body of a man.
And these people protest against Page 3, the hypocrisy!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

These two look amazing together.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Isn't the whole thing with Santa's sleigh that it flies through the air? Why'd he need a boat? Are we expecting sea levels to rise by some 30,000 feet?

Maybe it's a flying boat. :v:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ClownSyndrome posted:

That must be a mirror in the distance behind the Earth because China isn't even on the same side of the planet shown

You can't see it all that well when it's on the right side either.
http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/workinginspace/great_wall.html
Although, I suppose aliens might have some sort of radar vision.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Let's just all agree that politicians strongly adhere to Cuntian moral ideals and move on.

I'll get my coat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ah, Far Cry 4 was released earlier that week. How topical.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I am the terrified panda.

Also, upskilts should be officially done at this point.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:[/b]

A carnivore elephant called Cuts truly is a thing of nightmares.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Is it supposed to be Cleese? He was exactly in one James Bond film back in 2002.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 6, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I really like this one. The message is spot on judging by all the edgy Mohammed cartoons in the general politoon thread. Mac must be one of the most inconsistent cartoonists.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's clearly Lenin, because he has facial hair.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I guess it's safe for me to admit that's how I saw it at first, too. Who would have thought that such a simple cartoon coud perplex so many people.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Angepain posted:

I like how with pretty much any other artist this caption would make the cartoon sympathetic towards the working class, but Mac can't draw someone below the median income without making them grotesque and so manages to avoid making a good cartoon of any sort.

No, you see, he was trying to portray them the way Conservatives perceive them. Fat-lipped minorities, overweight skinheads and single mums, and mentally ill children living together in harmony.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the Lenin I know and love. Well done, mate.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The horror. A bunch of priests tell politicians not to be twats. Will our secular society survive that religious attack? Will politics ever be the same?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does Pope ever do cartoons on international news? I like Australian ones, but even with context, I always feel like I'm missing something.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can someone post a couple of the most racist Mac's cartoons along with the Chelsea fans one to highlight the range of his opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

baka kaba posted:

Oh get to gently caress

Meanwhile 42% of French people oppose printing cartoons of Mohammed but I don't see any sinister French people glaring from under a beret and twirling baguettes. I searched for 'charlie hebdo poll' to look for a general figure and yep this story comes up and yep the entire media is reporting it as 'British Muslims sympathise with terror atrocity'

There are several statements regarding this in the British poll. One of them is 'Organisations which publish images of the Prophet Mohammed deserve to be attacked' and 11% of respondents agreed with this. There's also 'I have sympathy for the motives behind attacks on Charlie Hebdo' with 27% support. Both those statements are not about whether or not cartoons should have been published or not, but about respondents' reaction to the attack. So while I agree that media as always go with sensationalism and the cartoon has a hint of islamophobia to it, there is evidently a certain level of sympathy with terrorists among British Muslims.

E: makes me wonder what a similar poll among other religious people might have revealed. I know at least one practicing Christian who would have probably agreed at least with the second statement and in the French poll Sarkozi supporters were more in favour of not publishing offensive cartoons than left-wing voters.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 27, 2015

• Locked thread