Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Civ 5 is stealing all of my free time. Atilla the Hun is a real loving bitch. I can't go 10 turns without that prick back stabbing me.

I can't go a game without nuking the French. One mistake by Napoleon back in Civ 4 and those baguette eating bastards have been stuck with flipper-babies ever since. Oh and playing Archipelago maps as the English is kinda like cheating, partially because the AI is still retarded about ocean combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Haven't done any naval intensive maps yet. I'll have to do that next just to get better at naval poo poo. Made my Persians a bunch of jews. Hope they appreciate the irony.

It's awesome to zerg the research early on and just maintain a screening force around Der Vaterland until you can bust out some of the naval goodies and wreck poo poo. It's the kind of game that you only leave war victories on, make a war religion, and have your people end up as basically the bastard children of the Mongols, Vikings, and WWII Japanese.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

DL'd Tomb Raider last night. Pretty sure nothing is going to get done this week until then last minute.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Welp, Tomb Raider was pretty awesome. Better mechanics and gameplay than Uncharted, but Uncharted tells a better story and easily takes it with characters hands down.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Uncharted pissed me the hell off. It's too much movie; not enough game. And I really liked Lara in this game way more than Drake cuz Drake is always just a real frat boy dick but Lara goes from being all fraidy cat to yelling about killing dudes.

Lara Croft herself was well done, but considering the entire game is basically an engine for her to actually develop into her eventual self that's not surprising. It's just that the storyline and supporting cast were kinda meh compared to Uncharted 2 & 3's. Basically just have the people at Naughty Dog who are in charge of storyline and supporting cast get together with Crystal Dynamics and make a love child.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

RAPE, what was your original name? Hard time keeping up lol :shobon:

Tysterisk. I'm one of the new people, about to escape the gently caress outta TRADOC land in 3 weeks as a 68W.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Man I am super tempted to grab Farcry 3 but I know it'll be cheaper come summer sale.

Far Cry franchise is 50% off and Assassin's Creed franchise is like 35-75%.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Multiplayer Civ seems like it would lend itself really, really well to a mobile platform. If you could just work out how to manage that much information output in a useful way visually and not have completely hosed controls, it'd be addictive as hell.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Someone convince me out of buying the Arma II: Complete Collection on Steam. I'm going to die from boredom at this lovely little base in Korea.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

ROPES CURE NIGGERS posted:

Do it if only for DayZ. you will not regret it.

That was the general idea. One good thing about being here; it'll be done downloading and installing in the time it takes me to walk to the shopette, get a pizza, and walk back.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Spare Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition key up for grabs if somebody wants it, just send me a PM.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

Got my new coax lines in the house. I should have decent internet next week. :)

No more of this poo poo:

:fap:

Now if only I could get some decent loving gunmaster servers closer than Texas.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

:fap:

Now if only I could get some decent loving gunmaster servers closer than Texas.

$25/mo :smugdog:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

"Game disconnected: could not join server."

If I get this one more goddamn time I'm going to cut my dick off in front of the whole loving company at PT formation at 0630. And throw it at top then run screaming into the night.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

It's a really good game. Lara goes from "AAhhhhh! Don't wanna kill!!" to straight up desiring murder on everyone.

420 ghost motherfuckers with a bow all day err day

Seriously didn't use anything besides the bow for like 90% of the game.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Dishonored is awesome. I picked up all the no kills/no alerts/basic equipment achievements on the first play through. Now I'm going through murdering everyone.

Murder spree is unspeakably satisfying after doing the perfect playthrough. Cuts the game time down to like a quarter, though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

RichieHimself posted:

Origin gave me deadspace for free and I played that poo poo for like 10 minutes until I couldn't take the camera angle anymore. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

edit: for those that have not played, camera angle is from over the right shoulder which makes moving around and seeing things a challenge.

Still ratchets up the pucker factor nicely, the whole plasma cutter creep doesn't happen too terribly fast like 2 & 3. That first chase through the corridors unarmed will forever remain seared in my brain because I went whole hog playing it, midnight in a pitch black room alone with the surround cranked way up.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Manually picking poo poo up, the retard "Resistance", the loving retarded enemy design, the schizophrenic and also retarded level layouts, the retarded boss mechanics...

What the gently caress, guys? How did you end up with this after Butcher Bay?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

HELLO I'M FOURTH WAVE LESBRO COMING TO YOU WITH A LITTANY OF BAD AND STUPID OPINIONS

How the gently caress does the final boss end up being shooting two loving zeppelins down then pumping rounds into his shield until he explodes because reasons, then running around a bunch of pipes that catch on fire so you literally can't NOT take damage while just pumping more rounds into his human being face until he dies?

Seriously. That's the loving climactic battle?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

lol how loving broken are you that you can't enjoy this sick-rear end game

I enjoyed the poo poo out of it and shooting Nazis in the face. Just a couple things that made me almost pop a blood vessel, which is kinda disappointing considering the build-up with the trailers and how well they did with creating that world.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

gleep gloop posted:

A moonbase in 1960? Asking for a refund.

Jewish science magic, bro. Wish they had done more with that whole subplot, too.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Bolow posted:

IIRC Africa is the last place still putting up any resistance hence the Gibraltar Bridge and the Afrika Corps dudes going home on it and poo poo. The first mission also has a note written by some german tank commander talking about how their tanks got owned by the desert and the natives came out during the night and disemboweled them, cut their dicks off, and put said dicks in the decapitated heads of every nazi they could get a hold of.

They put a shitload of effort into the world building of a game that's purely about brutally murdering shitloads of nazis

I really did love the poo poo out of the world building involved.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Welp last night consisted of me assembling my new gaming rig for 3 hours only to have it refuse to even twitch a fan, much less POST. Next 3 hours were spent getting blackout drunk while swearing at the top of my lungs and making sure every cable was seated, the RAM was seated properly and not fried, etc. Finally gave up around 2 and decided to head to NYC today for some time with my brother to decompress.

gently caress computers, man. Going to take some serious willpower when I get back to not pick up a hammer and turn $2k into silicon and metal bits.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

tuluk posted:

go insane and buy a gaming laptop.
less loving around with components and portable.

Have one, doesn't matter if you spend $kidneys on a gaming laptop, it's still a laptop.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

tuluk posted:

so what the hell are you trying to build.
multiple video card setup, overclocking, etc?

e: i've got a gaming laptop too. a 2 yr old sager.

4770k, 780ti, SSD, Corsair closed loop watercooler, etc. What do you think?

Right now I'm just concerned about something being loving fried and having to RMA 8 different parts.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Make sure the motherboard isn't shorting to the case.

One of the first things I'm going to do when I get back will be to undo an hour and a half of cable routing and try to bare bones test the mobo and everything outside the case.

gleep gloop posted:

It's not powering at all? Did you not flip the switch on the PSU? Do you have the means to test the PSU?

Mobo lights come on, fancy ~ASUS POWER BUTTON~ lights up along with a couple others. Power switch header is correct, etc. I might be able to throw the PSU into another computer to test it later, too.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Try shuffling ram sticks to different slots. No idea why, but a lot of the time this has been a fix for busted PCs Ive 'fixed'

Was one of the first things I tried, individually cycling sticks through the Asus recommended first position and everything. Nada.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 1, 2014

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

tuluk posted:

did you make sure your power supply is strong enough/isn't flaky?
seriously, most of the problems I had when I custom-built my gaming systems boiled down to power supply flaking out & AMD lovely drivers.

also consider getting/using diamond paste for the cpu +heatsink for better CPU cooling.
it's expensive & sounds stupid, but it works.

It's a Corsair 850 off one of their high end lines, so yeah. Still going to be testing it later though. As for cooling I've got a Corsair H100i sitting on the CPU right now plus I have a tube of Tuniq thermal paste which is supposed to be some hot new poo poo, although I've got it seated right now with the stock poo poo Corsair puts on their waterblocks.

I may have realized after I ordered everything that I pretty much built a Corsair™ brand PC.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

tuluk posted:

the past 2 brand-new corsair power supplies I've owned were flakey.
flakey as in iregular power supplied to mobo+ SATA power cables.
different HW specs, different custom-built gaming rigs.
same power flakey-ness
So definitely check that corsair power supply out.

Motherfuck, I knew I should have gone with a Seasonic.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My money is on the motherboard.

This is why I test booted with the bare bones plugged in to see if it turned over.

Fair enough, I got too excited over my new nerdbox and didn't do poo poo as thoroughly as I should've.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

tuluk posted:

You get your new computer running yet or has everything spontaneously caught fire?

In NYC so when I get back to Drum Sunday I'll start monkeying with it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

THRILLING NERDBOX UPDATE!

loving CPU power cable. It was a bad loving CPU power cable. Now it's up and running, and holy poo poo this thing is like a gibbon on Heisenberg-tier meth it's so fast.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Bolow posted:

you build everything on a table and slowly replace poo poo until it works, then throw it all in the case and pray it still works. repeat until suicide or alcohol poisoning

All of the above, but mainly this. I spent like three hours loving with debug codes the fancy little LED on the mobo spits out, monkeying poo poo around until everything miraculously works. Finished installations, updates, etc around 2 and managed to get a couple BF4 games in. All I can say is :stonklol: :fap:.

Ninja edit: After I somehow diagnosed the cable. Don't ask, I really don't know how my brain got to there without drunk recall.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Thief and Tomb Raider are 17.99 this week on the PS4 store.

Don't know if Thief is worth it, but Tomb Raider is pretty fun when you're nonchalantly plugging dudes in the head with arrows.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i cant wait til some nerdlinger buys this tf2 hat for 12 bucks

Just made like $100 off of TF2 items I haven't touched in a year or two.

:smugdog:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

ArcheAge is an MMO with the lovely, boring leveling and it's Korean so skills are pretty grindy, but it doesn't have a typical end game like WoW as an example. The end game is other people. There's no 40 man raid bosses for everyone to loot-sperg over, instead it concentrates on rounding up a gigantic pile of goons and slaughtering people on the high seas to take their loot and collect the tears. Then packing the jury that the recently dead end up in front of with goons to sentence their character to video game jail. We're already hated by a huge portion of the server, even in our own faction, because of the creativity of scamming and murdering goons which is 100% OK (and even encouraged) as long as you don't break any game mechanics to do it.

The western release is a few versions behind the Korean one so we know there will be another, purely PvP continent opened up with castles for guilds to build and then get poo poo on because they're not goons as well as stuff like floating player cities.

So... Shadowbane 2.0?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I think Shadow of Mordor might be my new hate-gently caress.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I wish I could set my auto-executions to only target archers because gently caress those motherfuckers

I wish I could activate missions and poo poo while riding my insane bear-dog-dinosaur, that loving abomination rapes everything.

Can't wait to snag one of those giant bitches that apparently skull-gently caress trolls for breakfast, too.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I had some guy that got to some insane power level because he had a particular set of traits that made him nigh unkillable unless you got him with a stealth kill. Which I did, but then that fucker came back and taunted me. :mad:

Worst captain I killed ended up at level 26 with a shield, poisoned weapon, blocks vault, combat master, attacks do 2/3rds of my health in one hit, etc.

And was terrified of graugs. :getin:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Dragon Age is cool. Get out of the Hinterlands asap though. It's boring as hell. No need to stay there to grind out lovely quests.

Is there a better place to grind lovely quests? Because level 10 trying to do poo poo in Orlais is an exercise in the aerodynamics of my 360 controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

gently caress.

• Locked thread