Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am loving the hell out of the presentation in Bastion. The narration is awesome and the game art/design is top notch. A loving steal at $0.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

El Hefe posted:

This isn't exclusive to the iOS or Android scene either, look at console games like Call of Duty where people are buying the game for $60 then buying a season pass for $50 and then buying that Elite thing for $50 more, effectively spending $160 on a single game.

Elite IS the season pass unless they changed it with black ops 2. So more like $100 every year.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's similar but it changes enough things for it to not be a ripoff and its actually pretty fun. I prefer Dungeon Raid even though it'll never get an iPhone 5 update :(

It's been talked about here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's usually the #1 paid top grossing app, not just for games, but for the entire app store. :v:

And it's been there for like a year I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I'm finishing up Rayman Jungle Run (amazing game) and decided to check out what achievements I'm missing.

The four I'm missing are for 100% completing 5, 10, 20, and ALL levels in ONE run. Without dying or retrying.

Yeah ok so I'm done with the game. That was fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Am I the only one thrown off by the scenery in that temple run 2 video? I know it's all randomly generated but when your levels is a walkway high above the clouds with nothing in from of you but a right turn followed by 2 sharp lefts leadigg into a long oath with mountain tops makes my mental compass all crazy. (should have been visible before the first right turn)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

concerned mom posted:

It's cause it all gets randomly generated and then pops in because they have quite a shallow draw distance, so you'd never see it from that far. As some of you guys know I helped make Agent Dash which is another endless runner game, so I was just wondering what consumers thought of their new game so thanks for the feedback!

I was actually going to add that I liked Agent Dash because its level design never really broke the "immersion" since it was all a jungle / tunnel / town. The animations were really nice too, the guy running in TR2 looks loving weird but then again an endless sprint must suck.

Seems to me like an odd design decision to go with a level that can showcase the shortcomings of the random level generation.

EIDT: Though if you're also looking for Agent Dash feedback, the last update that made things "easier" absolutely killed the game for me. It changed the game from a fast-paced gem collecting while dodging poo poo to something that began a snail pace and never really caught up with the older/faster pace. So one run now took what felt like twice as long to collect maybe the same amount of gems I used to collect in half the time.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 16, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tuyop posted:

Why is the trailer that way?

The animation came first, they made a game out of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It DID make me want to buy FF4 instead though so mission accomplished I guess?

Do you have an iPhone 5? Because I think it's incredibly loving lazy what they did to support it (stretch the image) and will probably skip it because of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dewgy posted:

Just playing around with it honestly. I noticed it got cheaper the second time through, but even then none of them are really worth it. The handout rate of gems in this is kinda painfully slow. :(

The trick is to ONLY get the magnet upgrade (and the one that makes the double/triple gems show up earlier). Anything else just means there's a chance the upcoming power up isn't a magnet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Knowing absolutely nothing except those screenshots, it looks like a medieval Call of Snakes. I remember grabbing it when it went free and it was certainly fun for the hour or so I played it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kenny Logins posted:

Because I mentioned it a few pages ago, I just uninstalled Infinity Blade II from my iPhone after playing 50 rebirths. I think overall the experience was interesting because at its core it's a just a timer-based game wrapped in an addictive, simple swipe-based action playstyle that happens to look really, really nice. The 10th hour plays exactly the same as the 10th minute, with little changing besides numbers that determine how many swipes you actually have to time properly before moving onto the next milestone on the very limited path.

The strange thing is, realizing this now, with my general preconceptions on timer games, there's no way I should've enjoyed the game as long as I did. Perhaps the core swiping-action just took longer for me to get bored with than a conventional timer-based iso-deco game; maybe the visuals held me in longer (which was certainly the case with the Simpsons: Tapped Out game, which eventually left me very cold). Whatever the reason, it snuck under the radar and did click for me and held me in long enough that the purchase price seemed well-spent..

The mechanics and "story" we're entertaining to get a good number of rebirths out of the game but for me it's about collecting gear and maxing ou achievements that also gave the game more life than it had any right to. I got burnt out farming money for one of the multi-colored attack gems but I still have it installed and so a rebirth once a week or so.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaster Troy posted:

IGN is giving out codes for NFS:MW here: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/needforspeed. Just click get code and it should pop right up.

Well that took no effort and free is free so thanks! Doing it on your phone and clicking on the code automatically redeems it. No copy/pasting necessary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD dropped to nothing, which is as much as you should pay for it (its a bad game with pretty graphics)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Colbear posted:

So, uh, I did a thing:

From

to

In one day. Turns out there's an exploit.

If you're having trouble with the bottlenecks (time or money or plutonium):

Turns out if you move a building, there's an additive gold/second increase, which means if you take your most expensive building and move it back and forth, your gold per second will increase dramatically. If, for some reason, you also have the gene pool, you can buy plutonium for 2 mil per try, which also lets you bypass timers.

I actually found this out because I'm a huge sperg and like moving my buildings around to be most aesthetically pleasing, and in doing so ended up with 1.5x my reported gold per second. I assumed it was just a bug but when I logged in the next day, my gold per second was exactly what it was reported as.

So, uh, yeah.

It makes the game kinda boring though. I'm at 301 land and 90 mil right now. :|

tl;dr:

Get your most expensive building and move it back and forth between the same two places, and watch your gold per second go UP, UP, UP.

I stopped at 250k/second because it was late and I wanted to go to bed.

What game is this?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So in Pixel People, you eventually want to repeat professions in order to fill up all the jobs, correct? Aside from initially unlocking a profession to gain whatever building/bonus, there's no benefit to stocking certain buildings with a specific number of jobs?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Owlkill posted:

So am I missing something with this Pixel People gold exploit? I'm supposed to move a building and then move it back and the amount of gold coming in should increase? I've been trying this and mine just seems to stay at a pretty steady rate.

Do it with an high revenue building (City Square).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man even with the money glitch on Pixel People, the waiting times and expansion costs go up really loving fast. I cannot imagine how slow this game would be without the money glitch. As it is, the best residence takes 24h to build with new buildings taking up hours, meaning your new clones which belong to those buildings are stuck in the arrival center until the buildings are finished bottlenecking any progression.

I wish this had some iCloud syncing so I could swap between phone and iPad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

You have to grind out a shitload of gold to buy the Infinity Blade, which unlocks a second dungeon. I never got that far, either. It's a lot of grinding if you want to see all the content.

It takes like 5 bloodlines to get the infinity blade. It helps when you're good at the game :smug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ChocNitty posted:

Oh poo poo, a Gun Bros 2 is out.

I hope it's good.

The first one had the best gear tied behind hilariously expensive IAP. (It was also really easy to exploit and bypass that altogether). Is there a review for this? I'm curious what they've done as the gameplay was pretty fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So a random goon can get an event for his mom but we can't get a train game?

:argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

schwein11 posted:

Does the new pixel people update fix the move-your-buildings-to-make-crazy-money exploit?

Yes. So don't update like I did.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

Meanwhile, another instantly crashing slot machine masquerading as a Pokemon game is passed through without so much as a second glance and makes it to the top 5.

Look this time it's the real deal I gotta catch them all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Aaand now I'm thinking of uninstalling it again

Just don't update. If you did, check iTunes to see if it still has an older version. Because gently caress these expansion costs without the glitch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fazana posted:

Yes it does. It's slow starting (although not as slow as when it soft launched with repairs and servicing three times longer than they are now!) and stays that way until you have at least three or so cars to be cracking on with.

I ended up deleting it yesterday, not just for the f2p stuff but the general gameplay mechanics annoyed me eventually. You always start at the back so every race is a crashem smashem charge to as close to the front as possible before you realise that unless you had bought the top car from the tier anyway the leader(s) are usually way too far ahead to be caught in your maxxed out Focus shitbox etc.

I did like that article that averaged out your earnings per race, timers, and estimated it would take you about 500 hours to 100% the game and that's not just for earning enough money to buy all the cars to finish all the races. Or you can drop about $500 to unlock everything.

Or you can buy a 360, grab the latest Forza, buy ALL the DLC and end up paying less than RR3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man the menus/UI in Real Racing 3 is really loving bad. The game itself is very pretty and the timers are annoying, but man upgrading/selecting anything is stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Way late to the party but: it takes while to get going and the puzzles never really reach "frustating/impossible/gently caress-it-loading-up-gamefaqs" but man Ghost Trick is really loving good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well Angry Birds Space just had an update where they announce a collaboration with SLASH (you know, the guitar player) so the theme song in the app is done by him now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

...What.

Like, the theme song is a slash guitar solo now? But only in the space one?

What?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tetsman posted:

Does anyone know how Marvel vs Capcom 2 works on the iPad mini?

The controls are terrible no matter what device you try to play it on n

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MissMarple posted:

Free codes!

FIFA 13: FJEMHNMXAHXT
Need for Speed: Most Wanted: WN6PEKX9RHL3

Enjoy.

UK! :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Funkz posted:

So how the hell do I get the last 5 clones in Pixel People? At first I thought I just had to have all the 'normal' 150 different clones beforehand but I can't still make the last 5. Any ideas?

(The game is updated and all that jazz)

I'm guessing you're missing the romantic job. It's a bug that the next update should address.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Agent Dash just reached 2.0. Seem like a pretty massive update. Haven't really played that since it came out either… I'm sensing a pattern.

Went to check the changelog. Saw this

code:

Gameplay starts easier

What the gently caress? How could it possibly be easier? The only reason I quit playing it in the first place was because a previous update made the game slower/easier.

EDIT: installed and tried it again. Yup, it's even slower. gently caress this.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 14, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Boxman posted:

Does it still have that feature where you can use the iPad as the board and iPhones for the individual word racks, resulting in the worlds most expensive game of scrabble?

Doesn't look like it which is a drat shame. Oh well, at least I can replace my wordfeud with the original.

I think Monopoly has a tabletop mode but its separate from multiplayer which is dumb as hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok, so I am not insane: turns out there was a Scrabble tile rack app to go along the iPad game. Except EA pulled it from the store over a year ago. What the gently caress? Does anyone know why they'd do that (besides EA being loving terrible at everything)?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey is a hero in this? Rated 1.

EDIT: hahah turned too fast and killed my own party.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

Before anyone else tries it: if there's any easter egg to be found in space, it's gotta be way the gently caress out there. I just sent a fish over 1.2 million meters and got nothing.

Did better than NASA, I'd be pretty happy about it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I loving lost it at "Rolling start". Gonna give this a download.

Time to download and listen to this while playing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So now that Sonic Dash dropped to the still-not-free-but-hey-99-cents tier, is there a good endless runner in there or is it a bad game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

slogsdon posted:

Frozen Synapse is coming in May according to the developer's Facebook page.

Holy loving poo poo yes that's going to be a day 1 purchase for me. Lots of good iPad games coming out this year.

• Locked thread