Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Wiz posted:

New version with lots of fun new things. Should be save game compatible but it's not guaranteed (EU3 is unpredictable in that regard).

Download EU3+ 1.03 (mirror)

Wish I could make myself play this, but the wonky looking borders of the "vanilla"map really make me upset, I think using one of the maps with the more "organic/historical" looking borders is not possible without extended modding ? I guess so, otherwise I would know how to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

SeaTard posted:

If a new map has the same province counts/names, than it's not bad at all, just a matter of dropping the right files in the right directories. But since every single alternate map I've looked at has a greatly changed province count, they all require some pretty extensive modding.

it's the one from miscmods expanded, it's not as bad as most of the other maps with a thousand more provinces and dumb poo poo so that the HRE has provinces inside of provinces, but probably more provnices than the vanilla map, yes :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Is there anyway to stop the wokou pirate raids when you are playing Korea, or do I just have to take those annoying pop-ups forever ?

e: Pirate rates are going up

skipThings fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 17, 2013

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Does someone know what line I have to put in which document, to give the common " build university/manufactory" mission a +1 tax base in a province where it was build ?
I think I saw this in one of Wiz' mods once. it would actually make me want to finish those.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

NihilCredo posted:

\missions\construction.txt

For all the "build_something" missions, insert "THIS = { base_tax = 1 }" into their "effect = { blah blah }" block.

I did this, but probably wrong, as it doesn't show up in the "current mission" window.

code:
build_university = {
	type = our_provinces
	allow = {
		owner = {
			government_tech = 16
			monthly_income = 40
			war = no
		}
		NOT = { has_building = refinery }
		NOT = { has_building = wharf }
		NOT = { has_building = textile }
		NOT = { has_building = weapons }
		NOT = { has_building = fine_arts_academy }
		NOT = { has_building = university }
		is_core = yes
		base_tax = 3
	}
	abort = {
		OR = {
			has_building = refinery
			has_building = weapons
			has_building = wharf
			has_building = textile
			has_building = fine_arts_academy
			NOT = {	owned_by = THIS }
		}
	}
	success = {
		has_building = university
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			is_capital = yes
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			base_tax = 5
		}		
	}
	effect = {
		define_advisor = { type = philosopher skill = 4 }
{ base_tax = 1 }
	}	
}
did I forget something or do I have to line it up properly ?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Yes, that did it, thank you Fister Robot and Nihil Credo

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Beamed posted:

This makes sense - I always am sad when I see an oddly weak Persia in EU3. :(

It's probably, because for some god-forsaken reason, shiites get a - 10 % tax penalty and in return get a measly morale bonus of 0.05 or something, Sunnis are just stronger.

Also, maybe it's just my miscmod, but Japan is constanly attacking Persia and the Arabian peninsula and even taking land there, no idea.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
A current game of mine is crashing every few days after loading it. My other saves still work, so I guess it's some kind of bug in the safe file, is there something obvious I could look for in the save state to fix it ?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Someone please tell me how I can erase the vassal trait from a country, somehow France ended up as its own vassal and I'm sure that is what is crushing my savegame all the time.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Darkrenown posted:

Vassals look like this in your save:
vassal = {
first = POL
second = TEU
start_date = 1466.10.19
end_date = 1525.1.1
}

Find one with FRA in both first and second place and remove it. Don't miss the brackets!

That fixed it, thank you Mr.Paradoxman :)

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

fuf posted:

What's the best thing to do about 'uncontested claims' draining prestige in EU3?

Does it means I have cores in another country? If I have still have cores in France as England can I just give them to France?

You will also loose additional prestige when you loose them, click on the "diplomatic mapmode" and look for some green stripes in other countries, those are your claims.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

ExtraNoise posted:

This is exactly how I play. I stick generally on levels 2-3 depending on what's happening.

Some update to the Modern Age mod:

I've got all the newspaper headers finally done! Wow, what an effort for something that almost no one will ever see. So I'm dumping them here for you to enjoy:

(Sorry for the hugely long image.) If there's any changes or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. I tried to stay with real-world syndication in terms of design, though I took some liberties in what constituted "reactionary"/"fascist"/etc. Please don't get all butt-hurt if one of your favorite papers got put into one of these generalizations.

The names are (mostly) lifted straight from the same names used in the base game for each, if you're wondering. I only made a few changes here and there.

Minor speeling errors in your German speaking newspapers.

The Austrian reactionary paper should be called "die Reichspost" instead of "der Reichspost".
Germanies Communist paper has to be written with a capital F, in "Fahne", that's how we write our nouns v:shobon:v

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

ArchangeI posted:

radikale kleinschreibung is a thing in far-left circles of Germany, though. See also: the leftist newspaper taz.

The taz is not a far-left newspaper, it leans more to the greens and dumb pet peeves like radikale Kleinschreibung (!), but let's not have a weird derail and give his newspapers proper grammar

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

DrSunshine posted:

EvW should have modernized versions of "Falalan" and "In Taberna" as bonus tracks.

Falalan feat Hell March would be way to fitting for this game

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Elias_Maluco posted:

What kind of people read EULAs

is the new

"what's up with airplane food?"

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Chief Savage Man posted:

The mod itself makes a DH purchase worth it even if you have another HoI game you like. It's got a lot of content in it.

Yes please, I remember someone doing one for Russia one, which was just really entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Darkrenown posted:

No time to fact check, gotta get mad! :justpost:

Oil is still a resource, Slime Bro Helpdesk is thinking of raw materials - the metal/energy/rare materials used to run IC in previous HoIs have been rolled into one, there's a DD about it here.

Cut him some slack, he is a literal Autist and he gets into those fits at least once a week in this thread

• Locked thread