Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Surprised no ones posted this yet, but Twilight Struggle is on Kickstarter for a digital version and some additions to the game.
What your getting is an expansion pack, covering alternate history starting situations, 5 single player scenarios, and alternate Space Race track for every system except the Wii with cross system multiplayer of every type and AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Enjoy posted:

How does someone even pick up a giantess-with-balloon-breasts fetish, anyway. It seems like something that would already have to exist for people to want to produce. A practical joke or dare between manga artists? And then a 13 year old sees it and says "drat that's hot"?

The short version of the consensus from modern psychology is basically by accident, the mechanism that makes you sexually attracted to something just happened to chose something weird by accident. The metaphor I heard is that its kinda like taste in food.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

bUm posted:

On a somewhat related note (also from pages ago): it boggles my mind that people try to mod HoI to post-WWII instead of V2, which is the naturally most analogous to modern times. It seems like updating the tech trees (changing Industrialization to Modernization), adding more economic/geopolitical actions that could levee conflict without hot war, and modest other adjustments would go very far towards modelling the Cold War through today far better than anything HoI could do.

Speaking of Cold War mods for V2, are there any good ones out there?

The only up to date one Ive been able to find is kinda the 'Victoria Ultimate Mod Rebooted', it has a 1946 start scenario.
Any here ever try it? Is it any good?

Communist Zombie fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 3, 2014

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wow! Thank you sir!

:getout::barf:

Hey now 4chan has been working on fixing the many game breaking bugs!

http://pastebin.com/UQm9NHCZ posted:

University FIX + supply fix and tons more
>"Supplies bug fixed, all the provinces have Max in to structure for now, I will be reducing this in places like the artic, Africa and >places that really need it but at least supplies work for now.
>Every country starts with 5 military supply factories, this isn't ideal though but it's needed to keep the world supply up.
>Other general fixes, including about a thousand localisations, notifications now have the correct picture bcoz that was pissing me >right off."
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gab9iy17aeazji5/OOT+1.3.1.rar

>Ship building sometimes crashes the game ! HAS NOW BEEN FIXED !
Fix can be found here by downloading : http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzl9x1226wju6cf/models.zip and extracting to yoru units folder

>Elections sometimes crash the game
A temporal fix/patch can be downloaded here: http://a.pomf.se/dessxv.txt and replaces the governemnts.txt file in /common

It still might be a terrible game.

In lighter news does anyone have that image of the V2 tech tree color coded to desirability and importance?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

AFLL for one, and ZFLL for the rest of us, when AFLL Restarts he gets AFLL. Why would the checksum change every game start!? How the hell are people supposed to connect up? Oh I'm on my second game start everybody start the game twice to join me. Whoops I started a third time!"

Also want to add in the CK2 multiplayer is vastly easier than earlier games. While trying to get a MP game of V2 with my roommate despite doing all the steps to get the same checksum, use exact same files, delete map cache, etc, we still got vastly different checksums over multiple restarts.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Smoremaster posted:

Hmm, with de jure and de facto map modes? I can get behind that idea. Would be especially applicable to Africa.

Restating the request to be able to sphere states or provinces of a country instead of the entire area.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gen. Joseph Hooker manning an 88mm AA gun, shooting at Soviet Blackjack bombers

Cant forget 'Fighting' "Tokyo" Sexwale*!

*Admittedly He'd only be good for a Cold war game :sweatdrop:

Communist Zombie fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 17, 2015

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Kavak posted:

I hope he's having a nice time over in opposite land. Seriously, how are sliders better than actual, clear-cut laws? Imagine Victoria 2 with a slider system.

Also arent laws, as shown so far, basically expanded sliders? They exist on a continuum with discrete points which give bonus/penalties depending on how far from the extremes it is. The only difference I can see would be that laws might have a non linear cost to movement, and that laws dont have an equal number of possible points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Agean90 posted:

Speaking of history being strange, you should look up the Taiping Rebellion. A man declares himself the brother of jesus christ and forms his own state. The end result? 20 million dead using melee weapons and firearms that were junk when they were new :unsmigghh:

aint no civil war like a chinese civil war

You also forgot to add that it was pre Marx communist rebellion, or all the zaniness that came from its religion being syncretic of the bible, chinese folk lore/mythos, and a bit of Confucius.

• Locked thread