Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Thom and the Heads posted:

New CRJ is pretty good for an album that doesn't have Run Away With Me on it.

otoh it does have I'll Be Your Girl on it and I cannot stop listening to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

exquisite tea posted:

I really like the playfulness of Want You in My Room, what a fun track. Happy Not Knowing is such a jam too, it's a shame both songs are so short! I feel like they could go on forever and never get old. Too Much is probably the standout track of this album but Julien is really growing on me, too. Nothing on Dedicated quite reaches the heights of Run Away With Me, but that's one of the greatest pop songs ever written, so I can't fault. Overall Dedicated feels chiller, groovier, but unmistakably Carly.

I think I really like that Want You In My Room is shortish, but also overall I feel like Dedicated is almost the opposite in terms of instrumentation as Emotion, it seems much sparer and "cooler" if that makes any sense? I dunno, all I know is this album rules and I am mad at myself for not buying tickets for the NYC show since they're a hundo each now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tired Moritz posted:

let's get lost is actually the best CRJ song.

This is a really weird misspelling of Warm Blood.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

interpunct posted:

Another Carly show, another sword. Hell yeah.

As of noon today I am seeing CRJ tonight and I gotta say, I'm pretty hyped.

EDIT: No swords were distributed but fuuuuuuuck that was a good show.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 18, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What I'm thankful for this year.

https://twitter.com/nprmusic/status/1198961113695739904?s=20

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

What song is in this? Because it sounds loving great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Charli XCX generally never did anything for me but these last two singles are very much my poo poo.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
amthems loving rules.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DC Murderverse posted:

it's apparently already in the Genius and Apple Music databases (and some Taiwanese music site), in the former its release date is May 21st.

this is seemingly the track list:

This Love Isn’t Crazy
Window
Felt This Way
Stay Away
This Is What They Say
Heartbeat
Summer Love
Fake Mona Lisa
Let’s Sort the Whole Thing Out
Comeback (ft Bleachers)
Solo
Now I Don’t Hate California After All

I wish I didn't know about this so I wouldn't spend the entire week desperately looking forward to it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress yes just the existence of this without having even heard it yet is making me so happy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Summer Love and Solo are my early favorites, This Love Isn't Crazy is also really really good but I wish the drums had something more going on.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Deformed Church posted:

I'm in the minority but I still really enjoy LA hallucinations. Its catchy and silly and lots of fun.

I love that song, but I love every song on that album.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DC Murderverse posted:

stereogum posted their Song of the Summer poll and man I really can't think of what it is for me. my music listening has dropped precipitously because the places I listen to music most are "in my car", "at school" and "at work" and none of those things have been happening much since March; pretty much all I've been listening to is Gaga, CRJ, RTJ and Dua Lipa. I guess it's probably Physical because that's the song I get most excited for but it's not gonna win because it was like, the only single off that album that didn't really fly.

edit: oh duh Jessie Ware too, but that's not a single, that's a whole album. Whole album can't be Song of the Summer.

Physical is my favorite track off that album.

But my vote is probably for anthems by Charli XCX, given the state of the world and also the fact that it rules hard. Either that or forever.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I hope it actually sounds like the whole thing is playing out of completely blown speakers like this.

I'm only half-joking but for real I'm incredibly here for this even though I'm not that big on Halsey.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I was going to joke that there was no swarmatron, so how could we possibly believe Trent Reznor was involved and then the synth bit at 1:30 started and lol.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Junpei posted:

So apparently Joshua Basset is firing back at Rodrigo with some songs of his own

Oh, I see this going well for him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dungeon Ecology posted:

or the dude from glassjaw, but i bet that guy still puts on a good show

When his digestive tract isn't trying to kill him, Daryl still puts on a hell of a show.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

When his digestive tract isn't trying to kill him, Daryl still puts on a hell of a show.

Just saw Glassjaw last night and I can confirm he still sounds amazing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It's wildly different, but yeah it's kind of underwhelming as a single. Hopefully it fits better on the full album, but it definitely seems like it's been specifically made to be A Summer Song.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:siren: Carly tour! :siren:

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1534176115337461760?s=20&t=EqW3QppI9Sw6yiHzoyIwPw

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Panic Restaurant posted:

https://youtu.be/91LzLGJ_StI

I can’t explain why but this has huge Katamari Damacy soundtrack energy?

Also I’m seeing Carly at Radio City in September and I’m so freaking excited, I’m willing to risk COVID/monkeypox/god knows what else will be around by then for her!!

Um, I had the same Katamari thought and I will also be at the Radio City show :hellyeah:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
if only

https://twitter.com/TylerDinucci/status/1568290484337999872?s=20&t=t0aNRQpHVT9oKUtFDC8bPg

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u2PPXhEelo

Very hyped to be seeing her twice this month.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gaius Marius posted:

Artistes have been making some baffling lead single choices for awhile now. My only guess is she was chasing that xannyed up eilish crowd or something

I mean, I don't understand how I'll Be Your Girl wasn't the lead single off of Dedicated, even though Too Much rules/is Very Much Carly.

I'm still shocked it never got a video!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

exquisite tea posted:

I'll Be Your Girl was one of the weaker tracks from Dedicated imho.

It's a for sure top 3 for me for Carly in general, but I also generally have terrible taste.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

exquisite tea posted:

Just got out of seeing Carly in Boston, definitely the best live performance I’ve seen from her yet. She played a two hour set and brought out a lot of stuff I’ve never seen her do live before, like Stay Away and For Sure. The new material is great and even Western Wind feels right as part of a live set. Just an amazing consummate performer. If you’re a CRJ fan then this is absolutely the tour you need to see!

Western Wind sounded so good live and gently caress me does Cut To The Feeling bring the house down. So hyped to do it again Wednesday.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

exquisite tea posted:

A few screencaps from the night!

Your photos came out way better than mine did. :allears:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Can confirm after the second night that Western Wind loving goes live.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Love to see everybody in this thread making good life choices.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2uV8H6A2o

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jon Irenicus posted:

the way the Rufus Wainwright sings the last part of the duet is already stuck in my head. love it

The first time I listened to it I was like "I don't like this but it's obviously going to be something I grow to like a lot", and that has indeed been the case.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I talked my brother into going to see Carly tonight and he just sent me a message describing it as "Absolute queen poo poo"

:sickos:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Surrender My Heart is incredible.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Anti-Hero is great, too.

weekly font posted:

The gap in quality between that mid rear end chorus and everything else is massive

Also it's between Surrender My Heart and Talking To Yourself so it would have to be an instant classic to not just seem bad by comparison.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I guess Bends is TLT's I'll Be Your Girl because I fuckin love that track.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DC Murderverse posted:

I think it’s funny that you can see Carly’s gradual acceptance of California in her music. Emotion had LA Hallucinations and for years she hated California until Dedicated Side B when she announced to the world that she didn’t hate California any more, and now she has a California-rear end album with a song called Joshua Tree

growth

The same arc as Touche Amore, who are my other favorite musical act.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Simpsons racecar bed meme but I'm Homer saying "I just buy my Carly Rae Jepsen tickets for under $100 during the normal sale period."

I am trying to get tickets for Taylor too, this is just out of hand.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Astro7x posted:

I haven’t seen a single good ticket buying experience when the show is high demand. When there are more fans than tickets available it is going to be a problem.

More fans than tickets is how things go, the problem is more fans than ticket-selling infrastructure when you already know how many fans are going to try buying tickets since you made them all sign up beforehand.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Junpei posted:

Todd In The Shadows dropped his Worst of 2022 list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNUzqkJAQB8

I appreciate that this is pretty much just a "Top 10 TikTok sounds" list as well.