Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I love the start-of-chapter orb things but other than that the chapter delineation is pretty meaningless and I wish people in general would dwell less on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I guess she's not as tertiary as she seems if he's wanted to write about her for so long

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Guys, I don't know if you've heard, but I think the pacing's slow!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Animorphs is a legit series that can and does get pretty dark. It's worth going back and reading/rereading, honestly.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dolash posted:

I'm a little bit disappointed the new student thinks they're an alien club because it looks like she might just be shuffled off as a joke and it took a long time to get here for this punchline from when Max got the note. I guess she's not blackmailing Max but she's probably not getting into the club if she's a loopy alien-believer either, so still not sure where this is going.

But then I look at Duchovny Spender and I know it was all worth it.

She's a character that's going to stick around. Zach's been pretty upfront about her being one of the characters he's been wanting to introduce for a long time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
update

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/846622598440062976

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Countblanc posted:

i'm sorta surprised zack bothered to explain RJ's origin since it's in their bio and i had assumed every relevant character in the comic was up to speed already.

also scope yung ollie's hair

An origin story as killer as RJ's deserves to be told

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't know, Garcia's face is very Hijack-esque.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rand Brittain posted:

So, uh... where is Hijack, then?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jetamo posted:

I mean, to be fair Garcia is one weird dude.

He is, but that face looks a lot like Hijack to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Phones never bring you good news.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
SEVEN PAGE UPDATE

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-pages-229-235/

a bunch of reveals!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yeah, I was talking about Spender/Garcia. Because it is an extremely fanfic-esque development, even though as pointed out upthread it makes perfect sense.

Why is it 'fanfic-esque'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It didn't come up in here probably because it's still a minefield for goons in general and nobody wanted to fall into that here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Update

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The way things are going hijack becoming Dimitri's spirit seems decently likely, and it's also probably likely that the reason Dimitri quit is because his spirit got killed because of something dumb and accidental that the club did

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
New page

fight fight fight

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

holy poo poo dimitri

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think it really got much discussion here because it's still a thread on Something Awful and there's even odds that it'd go over badly

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Update

a new development

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Don't forget what peekaboo's powers actually did to dmitri during the spender-hijack fight

if that wasn't scary/creepy I don't know what is

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for the record I'm pretty sure they've mentioned getting to a doctor about their wrist before, so I don't know why everyone is assuming they haven't

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
youth culture jones

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
maybe just go ask Zack what pronouns they intended for the character (though again heiress implies she/her bc there's no real reason for the narration to misgender her)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I forgot about Henry....

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh right, the black speech

what a good code that was

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Patware posted:

How often has something that looked just for effect in Paranatural ended up important? I don't take a drat thing for granted in this comic.

i think my favorite one of those is when people figured out how the black speech actually designated real words and codebreaked the entire set

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god i forgot how loving terrifying those creatures' designs are

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-45

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well this is certainly a lot to take in
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-46

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Patware posted:

oh good a mothman/bigfoot guest comic coming up

cool great

it's not like the comic's going to return any faster without it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PMush Perfect posted:

Not-Max's conversation with Doorman.

i'd have to do some rereading but i think the implication we have now is that that's something *completely different* than scrapdragon that's possessing max without his knowledge

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
zach still goes by they, y'all, and i kind of doubt you really care if you can't even get that right

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bleck posted:

I'm sorry for having the deeply ableist and offensive take "maybe have a buffer," I'll make sure to check my privilege and stuff

- nobody was saying this about you
- you need to update your whining about ~SJWs~ b/c 'check your privilege' is a few years out of date

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
update! everything is going fine, nothing is wrong

have we heard of 'agent summers' before?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fecha posted:

What the heck is Clayview

the two options are that this version of ed's mom is from an alternate universe where that's the name of the town instead of mayview, or her memory's leaving her

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I feel like the implication here might be that white spectral energy can split into any color of spectral energy, from boss leaders' wings

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm really hoping we don't get the cliche "something interrupts at the worst moment" thing.

if there was ever a last panel that made zach move to a new scene it's that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think the point is that we, the readers, know that bit was real but Mina has no reason to trust any of it (and depending on what she recalls, a lot of reasons to trust none of it)