Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, holy poo poo, I'm so happy I started reading this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm undecided if Suzy is treating Max like that because she's driven by her journalistic desire to shine a light on the dark in the corners of the school... Or because she's trying to hide a crush on him.

Probably both.

Edit: Also, the person who deserves more love is Jeff.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PleasingFungus posted:

It's probably worth noting that the comic starts a little slow; the first few pages in particular have very little of the charm that the rest of the comic oozes, both from the art and the writing. By halfway through the first chapter it's in full swing, though, and from then on it's hard to put down!

Basically it is a Good Comic and I want more. All the time. Zack draw the comic.

Seriously, I want to pitch in to try and help Zack be able to quit work(Not school, never quit school) and just work on this. We need to help promote this awesome fantastic comic that's part Calvin and Hobbes, part Earthbound, part Ghostbusters and all Awesome. I want this to be a "thing" like Gunnerkrigg.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Look, Gunnerkrigg Court rules, Paranatural rules, let's not get into an argument about it and say that in the absence of a psychotically obsessed fanbase like Homestuck's, the fact that a young, relatively unknown comic like Paranatural getting to such a high level of status is super awesome, and everybody should be psyched.

Also, the Paranatural guy should do a kickstarter.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd love a print run. Honestly, I'd be okay with owning a run of just what he's already put out and the end of chap. 3. Doesn't even need to be more than that and I'd pay into a kickstarter.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd buy a poster, but I'd rather see a poster of just the cool trippy landscapes that he keeps putting in the backrounds of walking scenes.

I emailed sayin' so, too. Cuz like that's what I would rather buy a poster of.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick_326 posted:

Mr. Spender is pretty great in panels 2-5. Also, Isaac's facial expressions continue to be excellent.

http://www.comicmix.com/mix-march-m...ics-tournament/

Good news: Paranatural managed to make it to round 3 of this webcomic tournament thing.

Bad news: It's currently losing badly to Sandra and Woo, with only 38% of the vote.

Voting ends tonight at 9pm EDT. Time to raise hell and annoy your friends to vote for Paranatural. Either that or abuse the poo poo out of the "donate money, get votes" system they have in place. I plan on doing the latter, because I love this comic and I'm terrible with money.

Sandra and Woo seems like a godawful gag-a-day comic. Am I wrong?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Max's family is adorable. :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that Ed's immediate reaction to someone shouting his name is to shout "I HAVE AN ALIBI".

I love Ed. Ed rules.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

Also according to the alt-text, he has haunted shoes, a haunted shirt, and a single haunted sock.

I wonder if the shoes have a ghost each, or if two shoes were considered an ideologically single item for the haunting purposes?

I bet it's only if the laces stay tied together.

Ed rules, and I love his nonchalantness. He's a fun guy. I'd put him and Max as my favorites in the Activity Club.

But then, I always thought Ness and Jeff would be total broes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that there still are people in the backround in their jammies.

Paranatural is the best. :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh gosh the little patchwork log and camp fire. :allears:

edit: Looks like the malware warnings are from someone hacking the servers for Paranatural's ads and injecting some small code that did nothing but flag Google's malware warnings. There's no malware or viruses at all, it was just flagging the site with Google. They've got it fixed but it'll be a bit before Google fixes the warning. There's more details on Zack's twitter (@paranaturalzack) and some people he retweeted.

Is this why Manly Guys doing Manly Things is being Googleblocked as well?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mage Ham posted:

Just ol' Hissin' Pete. He gets really loud when he thinks he's in danger.

You've made me rebinge through the rest of that chapter. I am undecided on whether that is good or bad.

Edit: I want more Mr. Starchman. I want it bad.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 7, 2013

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll take a 'Shmallows teeshirt thank you.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
BAH GAWD IN HEAVEN SPENDER SLAM, STOP THE drat MATCH!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Days to recover? I wonder what the damage is.

Wait. Now I'm confused.

"Since your spirit is out of your tool, didn't you just lose your powers?" "Yeah, for now, no big, Eightfold only takes a few days to recover" then "Gonna need your powers for whatever Spender wants us to do after school".

Doesn't the first exchange mean it'd take her a few days for Eightfold to give her her powers again? Or something?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Was unaware that Johnny was Gumby's son. I will keep this in mind in the future. Also, I WISH my bullies had the flair of Johnny.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
You sonsabitches just made me reread all of chapter 3.

I hatelove you all.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

heenato posted:

I enjoy the fact that the main currency used for bribes in this school are starchman stars.

And betting.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alright. For serious now.

I need more Starchman pages.

I need it.

Rereading the few moments we've had with him make me want him to end up working with the Activity Club because he is the best.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's probably saying that he was going to get everyone up early tomorrow morning to make sure they get their homework done.

Also, he's a butt.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Unhappy Meal posted:

Bingo! So it's something more like: "I'll pick you all up at ___ so get your homework done extra early~"

Oh poo poo that makes even more sense.

I am humbled in the art of reading blocked text.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick_326 posted:

Thank you for reposting this and reminding me of the next page, which features two characters I REALLY hope we see more of: Swooning Scientist Lady and Multi-Jointed Woman.

I bet Science Lady is the only person who thinks Spender is even remotely cool. :3:

I think Spender is ultra cool.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat it, nerds. :colbert: Look at that car. Dude is so cool.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I told all of you. I TOLD ALL OF YOU!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

So, any of you guys STILL think Spender is cool? Because I dunno what to tell ya if you still do :colbert:

The actor who played Gus Fring is named Giancarlo Esposito. Giancarlo is a cool name. Spender rules.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now you've made me want Gigi and Zack to do a Buttlord GT collab where they just alternate pages. And you've made me sad because it probably won't happen.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just like you don't want to bring damaging, fast-breeding species of invasive water plants from one lake to another, you don't wanna go spreading ghosts and spirits around. They might already be there, but you don't want to bring MORE out of Mayview.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I might be reading too much of the Gentleman Bastards series(In which a group of thieves and con men work together flawlessly to bilk everyone out of everything) recently, but did Isabel drop back to let Max ask a question of Spender without her being right next to him? The "oh look my shoe came untied what is this treachery" line seems like a convenient excuse.

Ooooor maybe it's just Isabel being Isabel about her shoe coming undone. Scrub needs to learn a better shoelace knot.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

I think she was trying to slow down their sweep so that they would have to resort to drastic (fun) measures. She looked surprised when Max asked his question.

Okay, then my read of her having an ulterior motive was right, just for the wrong reason. I do have the Gentleman Bastards books on the brain. Kinda read 3 of them in less than a week.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

red plastic cup posted:

So, how much ya wanna bet those dogs are somehow connected to those pasty fooligans who were raiding Max's Dad's shop. I am basing this solely on the fact that there are three of them and three dogs, though they look like the sorta low-lives who wouldn't be above such foul skull language.

Aaaaand then I spent a little while reading after that link.

I really want more Ed screentime.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

Man, Forge's line in panel nine. Yet another one from him acknowledging that he can't beat Spender. Though he seems less resigned and more pissed compared to two pages ago.

I think he's planning to not beat Spender. If his corporeal body gets wrecked, he can do something with the multiheaded whoosewhatshit to get through the barrier.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Lord of Hats posted:

What if they suddenly wind up in Rome? Johnny clearly stated they weren't going there. Checkmate, atheists :colbert:.

I went back to see the context to see if an "All roads lead to Rome" joke and ended up rereading this chapter. Man, it's really been a very short period of time since Eightfold got introduced. :(

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope we get more Starchman soon.

He's the best. I hope that when Spender gets into some way serious trouble, Starchman saves the day.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Okay guys, let's not go crazy here.

That might not be Scrapdragon.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ditocoaf posted:

Now we know that the distant flash of light on this page is from SPIRIT! FUSION!!

Nice catch. Did not notice that, that rules.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Ed took off running...

Ed seems like he's afraid of confrontation.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that Max's default greeting for his school friends is to scream YOU!! at them.

I really, really like this page all around. Great stuff.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

khy posted:

I joined this thread late.

Has there been sufficient rampant wild theories as to the identity of BL yet?

If not, "BL is Ms Baxter."

Boss Leader is Mr. Starchman.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that sword is the green Power ranger's sword from when he first showed up.

Which makes this one reference-y strip!