Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Did they really sell the dog :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Not only are we going for Burger King Kid's Club style inclusionism, but we get dental hygiene PSAs!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

The preview if hilarious, I'm laughing so hard I started coughing

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm glad he's aware of what people are saying. But god drat do I love Max's "hmmmmm? HMMMMMM???" This isn;t the first time he's done that either.

Yes.

The more I look at this page the harder I laugh. It is perfect.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

He probably gonna magnet back in. Could also let us learn more about his spirit in his own speed up scene or save eightfold though.

Actually probably gonna be a scene change.

And I'm still laughing so hard at this page. Look at the last panel faces

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Actually he's a medium :spergin:

Is he? We know he uses a tool, but we don't know what shadow guy is held in. It could be another tool Spender has on him, or it could be that Spender is a medium

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

HelloWinter posted:

Or it could be his sunglasses.

then where is the light guy held? We kow he has a tool holding one of them (the sunglasses) we don't know where the other is

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Uh-oh

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

The_Final_Stand posted:

So, uh, what the heck is that thing?

A large subterranean insect

You called Max randomly encountering a large subterranean insect that has a zipper across its belly?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Shindragon posted:

You do realize that magnet snake is going to appear right? The first time he intervened the sky went orange. Not sure why he decided to save Max right now instead of ya know when he was falling. This is going to be great. The first time they will actually talk.
He did save Max when he was falling. The "large subterranean insect" was a joke.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Rhonne posted:

It doesn't look like it killed it permanently as it seems to be respawning in panel 4.

There are 3 of them, so it could be the brains of the operation rejoining the fight

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

There's a difference between subverting genres and establishing things yourself and then doing something else anyway though. And that doesn't negate Occam's Razor anyway; a whole new set of rules just means that you make the fewest assumptions for those rules. And, taking into account everything we know bout the world of Paranatural so far and what we've seen happen, Scrapdragon being able to temporarily control Max is a simpler answer than Max having been possessed by a so-far completely unknown spirit without anyone catching on.

I guess we'll see Friday, though, when Scrapdragon shows up and speaks/roars/dances/does whatever and we see if it sounds like Max talking to the Doorman. Unless tomorrow's page is mostly Max staring in awe and confusion at the weird landscape around him and then the garbage snake looming up behind him or something in the last panel or two, in which case I guess we're waiting until Monday for this question to be answered.

Return to Spender v Forge. :unsmigghh:

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 5, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

God max you suck at this.

And I don't think any of this indicates scrappy is unintelligent, how articulate would you be if someone barged in and cracked you on the nose with a bat?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Look at the shadow changing

Huh. So does the spectral stuff gripping him cast a shadow or is it something else? Also, Max fell ahead of the train. Dude gonna get runned over.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Gonna go with this is agent day, just to play the odds

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I hate being the poo poo who says anything about the art, but something about her nose bothers me.

Maybe it's because compared to the other art of her it looks very different

I dunno I'll shut up now

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=69

What giant?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I'm rolling with Max is possessed by PJ. First spirit he encountered, charged towards him with weird looking eyes, and since PJ's "domain" is the house Max wouldn't notice a shift.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Well, back story, I don't think there is anything there we didn't already know

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I wish that was his real middle name.

He is nowhere cool enough to have that as a middle name

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have a question. As impressive and creative this comic has and continues to be, do you think it's possible for a character BETTER than Mr. Starchman to be introduced in the future or have we peaked in awesome characters already?

I think everyone acknowledges that every character introduced post Starchman is simply running for 2nd place.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Seeing that oncoming train maybe.

And Max's statement is a total reference to his mom and super sad

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

MikeJF posted:

It looks to me more like she just suddenly got an unsettling feeling that something might be wrong but she's not sure what.

Yeah, I think she noticed something off with Scrapdragon but it was brief and she didn't catch enough of it to focus and expose it

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

So I assume someone has already drawn fanart of the alt text somewhere.

Probably Gigidi

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

told you nerds he had the train bearing down on him

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If you mean the time you actually spend dreaming, then yes. But perception is a different matter all together when it comes to time.

Perceived time in a dream passes at the same rate as in real life.

:science: neuroscience is going crazy places man

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Pretty sure perception doesn't work like that.

Temporal perception is a function of neuro anatomy. Temporal illusions are a function of psychology. I think you are conflating the two

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Edit: ^^^^^^ that's probably a better way to explain it.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Man, perceived time in real life doesn't pass at the same rate as in real life.

If that were the case you'd drop dead when your brain stopped sending the signals to your heart because it was perceiving the time between beats as longer than it was.

Time perception is a sub cortical process. Y'all are thinking of time illusions which is where the conscious mind distorts the passing of time

Edit 2: yeah, the difference in time on the sun or in orbit is there, if minuscule. It's part of relativity

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 8, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

this page brought home how much I missed Ed and Isaac

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

That's a sick burn.

Also, loving the 3d speech balloon in the second to last panel when the perspective shifts

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Objection!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

drat that's a fine elephant lion

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Johnny really won out here, skill in metal working will provide a valuable trade skill and aid him later in life, what good are storm powers, love powers, magnet powers, or light chicken powers?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Luneshot posted:

Mr. Starchman is objectively the best character and I will hear nothing otherwise. :colbert:

We don't count Starchman because he is objectively the best. If we didn't put him on his own level there would be nothing to talk about

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

My guess is "one if them" refers to whose birthday it is today

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Doctor Zarei is the best character in this comic that is a doctor.

Is his title professor Starchman or mr Starchman?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

So it occurs that at this point Johnny could be hit by spirit energy, but still can't see the stuff yet. So if, say, Johnny tried to bully them on the way to school the way he did Max and Isaac and Isabel did some spirit punching all Johnny would see is her waving her hands while he got beat up invisibly.

What I'm saying is, Johnny needs to show up right now.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

truly, avant garde bullying

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fun fact: all top five pages have Johnny in it.

Is this like "best character" where we have to preemptively remove Mr Starchman from the running because otherwise it wouldn't even be a contest?

I mean look at this: http://paranatural.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wallpaper3-1920by1080.png
Its not even a page and its the best page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

REALLY tempted to grab this one