Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I love this and I want more of this.

He made a really great desktop background and posted it to the Paranatural Facebook page if anyone's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Click it, you scallion!

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Tupperwarez posted:

As sweet as the electromagnetic bat is, it pales in comparison to the ultimate* combo attack, which we have already witnessed.

*May not be as ultimate as advertised.

I love that the post-apoc wallpaper has a literal Friendship Fusion.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HAHAHA I just realized that Max is saying "Through the Doorman."

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

Edit: Oh hey, I just noticed something: In panel two of today's comic, on the couch by Isaac's backpack, there appears to be a small, purple.. Mister Starchman? Mister Garcia was seen earlier in the forest and sneaking away after Isaac scared away the Sphinx ghost.. Are ALL the teachers at the school spectrals?

Surely you can just buy one with enough Starchman Stars!

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

It throws me off all the time because I always forget and think he is half blushing or something but it is a scrape he got on his face fighting the sphinx. He doesn't have it here but does here.

Huh, that's some nice attention to detail.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Max is so cute as an anti-hero :3:

As a brooding anti-hero.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Ed's Room: Paint everywhere, or paint everything?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Huh, I thought it was just Memorial Day. Well, here's hoping that on Friday a swift jab will become six dolphins.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Is it just me, or did Zack give himself a cameo? On the blue level, right side, it looks like his avatar. But with a lot more hair, so, maybe not.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I stopped reading and laughed at that thought bubble for a solid fifteen seconds. I love this comic.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Is it me or did Issac's hair get flatter on top since we last saw him?

EDIT: Nope, it's something different... Maybe it's not the same angle? I dunno, it just looks different somehow.

Possession is supposed to manifest more visibly as time passes and the spirit absorbs more energy, soooo Zack probably just started drawing it differently, but I like to think that it's getting EVEN MORE SPIKY ALL ON ITS OWN.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

"maxblackmail.gif"

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

New page up. This might be my favorite one so far.

Also, spiral-eyed hoody guy: he said "We" where the other two said "I", and it was italicized. Maybe his hair is SPARKLY ALL ON ITS OWN?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

If I hadn't just changed my avatar, you can bet it'd be Forecast Octopus right now.

I've seized this opportunity.

Drakyn posted:

Welp, Max getting to see his mom just got more difficult.

It speaks well for the comic that Max has been able to pretty much only think of how to talk to his mom this entire time without it hurting his character.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

"avatar state, yip yip" made me laugh too much.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Happy Yeti posted:

There is no cave, it's just the ghost train's power pushing way the earth. Once the train's passed, it's just solid dirt again.

Woooah, remembering this gave the last few pages significantly more impact.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

patchhweeyerm

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Why is Ollie the bouncer for the school store?

I'm really hoping that the school store is basically just a nightclub, but during lunch.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I'd always wondered why Lisa was on the school store link on the Paranatural site.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Drunk Theory posted:

And as always, I really want to know what Isaac's homelife is like.

"Just say you resent me! I know what that looks like!"

isaaaaac :ohdear:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Also, I was thinking about the intro to The Secret World, and it gave me a thought: If anyone wants to share things with Isaac without the spirit knowing, and without the spirit knowing that they don't want the spirit to know anything, they could communicate in metaphors of anime Isaac saw before being possessed. (Or while possessed, unless King likes anime.)

I... I really want this to happen :eng99:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I'm REALLY pumped for the anime now.

**By the time I'm successful and wealthy and can fund this enterprise, paranatural will definitely be at least 2 cours long

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Man-Lizard and King C?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Hijack posted:

Whatever you did last night turned the Doc's ghost train into-

quote:

last night

yikes, webcomic time. I guess I assumed a few courtesy days had passed. This is a stressful time in Mayview!

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

Lucifer is quoting someone when he says "some freaky shadow spirit", right? Was it Spender?

I think Isabel, when they were breaking and entering and opening up earlier this chapter.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

Dmitri is still the most probable option here, right?

Yep.

**For those who missed this cool minor detail: he's in one of the flashback drawings of the activity club where they're fighting a giant goo spirit thing. Back in Isaac's chapter IIRC.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 12, 2018

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Karanas posted:

That or let him know he didn't actually accidently kill Spender.

I'm pretty sure it's that. I don't know how hijack would have picked up on what happened with Isaac though. Maybe he heard him say "just a little"? Or could just tell that was overkill.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

When this chapter started, I was not expecting some bizarre buddy cop film between a lightbulb and a brain to occur.

I wasn't expecting a lot of things when this chapter started.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Wait, who or what does Hijack hijack to play Wii Sports

I know it's been five years but I just had the thought.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

readingatwork posted:

Somewhere in the multiverse there’s a version of this comic where Max never gets superpowers and joins the school paper instead of the activity club and I want to read it very badly.

"Are we even the main characters?"

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

waiting on Cody to draw a '2' on the floor around hijack and then deliver a sharp verbal rebuke against his bullying ways

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

that alt text though

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's pretty easy to "translate" Zack's prose to potential comic panels in my head.

same. In my head this is all the blueprint for an anime, anyways

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I do feel like a major appeal of the comic was piecing together the world and history through show-don't-tell moments, and a lot of that stuff just gets made explicit now.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

This was a good update. We've spent so much time with side characters and backstory that I kinda forgot Max was the main character? but then moments like these land. Most of Max's dynamics with other characters are rock-solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

New page. Has Ed used they pronouns this whole time?