Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

oddium posted:

oda also literally hospitalizes himself working so hard to push all that content out

Is he literally the protagonist from Bakuman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
100% chance Hijack is involved with one of the shadowy factions that have been hinted at before.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

VerdantSquire posted:

I love how neither Isabel or Hijack even cares the slightest bit about the fact Suzy is literally putting their entire conversation on tape right now. :allears:

Hijack has pretty much zero reason to care, and Isabel has already exposed paranatural powers to mundanes before

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't really like the pulsing veins as a depiction for a limb powering up, it seems incongruous with the look of the rest of the comic.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Keeshhound posted:

That's probably intentional; it's not supposed to look natural.

I'd buy it if it was just Hijack/Jeff, but Dmitri does it too.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How long has hitball lasted now?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I appreciated the post and find his argument convincing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

Re-reading the chapter, there's one part I don't get:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-62
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-63

How come Jeff/Hijack isn't out at this point despite being hit by the ball

Read page 64

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
After Chapter 4 ended he said that it would be the longest chapter in Paranatural.

We're at 76 pages for Chapter 5 and I don't think we're even near the climax of it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I see Zack has stopped drawing that stupid-looking fringe for Spender's hair and moved to something more sensible-looking.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:confused: I see only a single page.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Number one.

... Wii sports.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Maduo posted:

Rereading that part, I like that Eightfold straight up tells Isabel "Look, you might not understand my words now, but you'll look back on them eventually." I have a feeling she's due for that moment pretty soon, and when she has it she's gonna feel real bad about it.

Perhaps some foreshadowing here:

Actually that whole scene contrasts Isabel's actions against Spender's outlook pretty heavily. I think there's definitely a separation of sorts being set up within the Activity Club.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
100 pages and 14 months later we're back at the first page of the chapter in media res.

oddium posted:

i like that where other people would put like "IIIIIIIIiiiiii" or "I..." zack just draws a really long I

Scott McCloud approves.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

I wouldn't phrase it like that, but yeah that's something I'm honestly surprised it took him until now to do

Wasn't he in college? Judging from the timeframes involved I think he may have graduated recently, which makes sense that now he's looking for support to turn the comic into his actual full time job.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think it's interesting that Zack seems to consistently have wrist problems. I wonder what exactly he's doing with his art that stresses out his wrist so much. When I took a few years of art classes they taught us to draw from the shoulder. I know the whole wrist vs. shoulder thing is controversial but if he's having this much trouble with his wrist then it might be worth switching up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shindragon posted:

Oh Dimitri, change of heart eh?

I wonder if this isn't why Dmitri ended up with the journalism club instead of elsewhere, to interfere with any chance of them finding out about the Activity Club.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Splicer posted:

Nobody knows about his fight with forge.

Right. Only Forge and Lucifer do.

It's gonna look really bad for Spender when it comes out that his fight with Forge is how Forge was able to get into Mayview.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
In panel 6 you can see a suitcase stuffed with clothes and other stuff. Bed on the floor too, even though the house is big enough to have a second floor. I wonder if she's new to town or something.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

In panel 6 you can see a suitcase stuffed with clothes and other stuff. Bed on the floor too, even though the house is big enough to have a second floor. I wonder if she's new to town or something.

Mazerunner posted:

So, presumably, the idea is that Zarei is probably originally from Mayview, but became an important ghost doctor and moved away or is always busy and travelling. She may or may not make many visits back using the train, or maybe that's a new development? She's got enough connections to be able to find a couch to crash on/use as a workspace, but doesn't have a permanent residence of her own.

Alternatively, that is her house, but she spends so much time being a ghost doctor/traveling that she finds it more convenient to set up a makeshift bed and leave her clothes in her workspace rather than go upstairs. Or maybe she has a crippling fear of stairs?

Mystery solved.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

Has splitting up ever been a good idea for any reason ever at all?

It is for Hijack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If Hijack is in Spender then it makes sense for him to take Isabel with him to get revenge

Will Max be paired with someone or will he stay behind to shadow the principal?