Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

Of all the people who could have survived this clusterfuck :cripes:

There is no way someone like Starfish doesn't get a gruesome on screen death. He's a dead man walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

He's not dead 'til he hits the ground, drat it. :mad:

Uh, I have a feeling you haven't realized its a 4 page update and just looked at the first page. You need to look at the three following pages.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 5, 2016

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Rime posted:

Queen married the Ald so that she could dissolve his mind and extract tactical inside knowledge about Alderode. It's not really that obtuse.

This.

Bell's coup is a separate plot that's entirely unrelated. Unless Queen Sonorie is some sort of mastermind and she organized that too. Maybe it would be a way to identify and then later destroy dissidents as well as get a dangerous super weapon into Alderode? Someone mentioned Bell having an odd neck scar so the snake might have done something to him.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Well, at least none of them are child molesters? (I was going to say "rapists" but, no, we have the snake for that, depending on how you interpret those panels, that one person talking about him being "coupled" with the poor redhead, and, well, the snake himself referring to his "rape".)

There is an older definition for the word that specifically refers it to theft/abduction including the theft of one's spouse. Snake dude is a total creep though so it could be either way.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
So uh, the mouse overs aren't the only thing that's been changed in the past two pages. Try out the four links at the top too.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

When Sonorie gets her way the only Aldish left alive will be the soud who happen to be gefendeur. Everyone else will be dead, either murdered by each other's hands due to the etelarche curse getting reverse engineered, or finished off when the Crescian army moves in to mop things up.

Sure, that's probably the plan if Cresce is in position to do this. But even if the reverse engineering goes exactly as planned, Sonorie still has no heir. And there's a non-zero chance that she, Bell and all of the council nobles in attendance don't survive the night.

It's not nearly on the same level as the curse but effectively losing your entire government overnight is going to have ramifications.

So there might be two countries erupting into anarchy by the end of it all.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 22, 2022

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

All right, so I remember that Bell got nommed by Ruck. I know efheby poison can steal memories. But it looks like what also happened is that some compulsion was put into Bell's mind? Is that new or

Yeah I think this is the first time we've seen something like this?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Plot twist, he ran off to go look for Karl. Not realizing that Karl was right there with the nobles all along.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Grognan posted:

Thinking as a psycho gang boss: I wouldn't feel bad about stiffing a chomo on "payment". Especially if the brat has the literal loyalty of an flippin' attack zombie. They didn't give the amulet to starfish afterall. nobody gave the slightest poo poo that he died.

Yeah, I suspect it's a matter of Nary thinking that if Sette couldn't deal with Starfish then it's no loss to lose her. Though he probably expected that Sette (or Stockyard) would have no issues getting rid of him.

Not that it makes it any better or whatever but we already knew that Nary was a piece of poo poo, that's not really a secret.
Sette was the only one who thought otherwise.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

isndl posted:

It's "easy" when you're a tacit-casting zombie that can fling spells between grains of sand, but I don't know how reliable this method is for ordinary mortals.

They can probably defend against it as well by using composite harnesses, much like when wards were discussed a few chapters back as using proprietary alloy blends. Just more expensive that way.

Yeah, I agree. It's absolutely personal growth for Duane for sure. Though I don't think he's handing the keys to beating Alderode to Cresce or anything like that.

Elka thought that it would be too difficult to get the garrote to hit to allow the follow up in the first place. Like it's something she didn't even consider possible. And she's an extremely skilled wright herself.

So it's not likely that this is something the Crescians would be able to repeat, let alone do at some sort of large scale.
Unless they were hiding several prodigies who could replicate the kind of stuff Duane can do somewhere.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 27, 2023

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Twenty Four posted:

Also thinking on that, maybe if he was deep in the middle of one of his self-loathing tantrums he would be in a "go ahead and put me out of my misery for the good of everyone" mood, but otherwise Quigley is a total coward. I doubt any of the cast is thinking he would be readily willing to sacrifice himself.

They just all immediately stare at him when they consider "who around here that we know is complete garbage", and it's a good joke, lol. Like I said, if he (probably) lives, that's one more thing hanging over him.

Oh yeah, he seems very likely to live through this. That's the worst possible outcome for him after all.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Someone in the Khert's been collecting memories of Sette, and hiding them beneath the boughs of the neverborn. Seems late in this part of the tale for a new character unless they're gonna be important in the next book. That'd leave Tittybird or Murkoph or the babby lion that was with the two of them last we saw Murk?

It's been shown in comic already who has been doing it.

Tittybird. We see her collecting the stuff in some of the earlier chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

One might wonder what else can now freely pass through, and if it also gets suitably enlarged.

Seems like it might be limited? Doesn't seem to be working for Duane's hand, so it could just be a Sette thing. Maybe also bird lady since she doesn't seem to be here?