Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Man, Alderode is so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, for as hosed up as Cresce is, Alderode makes them look like pikers in the war crimes department. Because these aren't just child soldiers, these are child soldiers who were bred to be child soldiers under a slavery-style caste system.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Time to say gently caress it and just move to New Arlit and hope that neither Cresce nor Alderode start using weapons of mass destruction.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Second part's not actually true. Castes are a side-effect of the dammakhert - people are born into them naturally in Alderode. If non-Aldish go to Alderode and bone down, their kid will be born as one of the castes (assigned randomly if their parents had no caste.)

Plats get a raw deal but they were not bred into existence via a slavery caste system.

But they are raised as child soldiers under a system that strictly defines what Plats are allowed to do regardless of how they're born. Point taken that they weren't specifically bred to have short lives as part of the Aldish system.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Based on Ashleys comment

More like Ashley Nope, amirite?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Staltran posted:

Maybe I missed it earlier but I hadn't realized Lemuel had been a soldier since he was 12. Guess Alderode uses non-plat child soldiers too.

Look, General Bell may be a war criminal and attempting a coup, and Queen Sonorie might be seriously hosed up in experimenting with the Efheby, but for all of that Cresce is merely an okay to poor place to live from what we've seen. Compare that to Alderode, which is a loving nightmare.

e: poo poo, I forgot for a second what Cresce did to the two toes. Goddamnit, all these people suck.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Aww, does the Silver have a thing for Duane?

e: Also, puttin' money on Lemuel in this brawl.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I think you might not have finished clicking, there was an interruption.

:stare: Well, that's not supposed to happen!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, Duane got all fuddy duddy in his old age. Sette would have been proud of that bullying of Lemuel.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, seriously, gently caress Alderode.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

this seems like less of an alderode problem and more of a "child soldier cracking up due to the hazards of war" problem

every nation in kasslyne seems happy with shoving preteens into warfare

Does Cresce have child soldiers? I honestly don't recall them.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they eat kids for good luck, you really think they'd have problem with using them for civil defense in a pinch?

Yeah, actually. I mean, not in a desperate last stand, but as regular policy. Religion has a lot of rites that in other lights would seem unacceptable- see the miracle of transubstantiation making the host the actual blood and body of Christ in Catholicism.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 7, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Lemuel and Will enlisted pretty young, but plat child soldiers are a special case due in large part to plat lifespan.

Wasn't Lem like 12 when he signed up? IIRC he's only 16 in the flashback and has been already in the army for a while.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the damakhert set up the way it is to basically entrench the caste system? Also, seems like accepting pre-teens for combat infantry roles even if they're not plats is really loving gross.

I mean, say what you will about Cresce, but at least their genocidal imperialism isn't as eugenicist.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

What are the odds that Duane gets one of his kids heads popped? 50/50?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I believe she does.

Also, man, gently caress this world.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Eh, Alderode would probably go through a massive civil war of their own without the damakhert to keep the lower castes in line and the gerontocracy all dying of being like a zillion years old and suddenly normal again. I'm sure Cresce could back the pro-communism side that would eventually arise, even if it's on the down-low, and use the opportunity to prepare for any future war.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's interesting to see Duane's reaction, he's losing it in the moment and somehow was able to rationalize/repress so much of it later.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, happy birthday Ashley!

Also, I came here to post that exact panel.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

https://unsoundedupdates.tumblr.com/post/187320347314/ch14-page-88

Very unfortunate chapter/page number aside, loving me someone who decides "vampire? that's boring. my nickname shall be dhampir!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Aww, poor kid plats.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well, that's not going to end well for a whole bunch of the Vampire's guys.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

So the reason the Alds were sent away is because if the Etalarche curse is because if things go sideways then they'll all try to kill Roger. Apparently Vampire thinks he's above the power of the curse, which could end up very bad for them.

Also, they're dragging Duane's group with them... If the Etalarche curse hits wouldn't those alds all want to kill Roger too? Or since they're at swordpoint do they think it doesn't matter? Because it might not, for the fact that Duane is a tacit caster.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sonorie thinks she's going to pull off being what Simon Bolivar wanted to be, but instead she's going to at best end up being what the Tsar Liberator was.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

RAYHEHR HOI-WEWICK!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, there's some truth in what Vamps said, but the curse was twisting him to say the most horrible possible thing to Roger. That curse don't gently caress around.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Aww, Elka isn't a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling. She's just bastard coated bastard.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Chair In A Basket posted:

Cope you coward kill those children!

:hmmyes:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Duane, for all his many really good qualities, is real fuckin' prejudiced about everything Crescian. Which makes sense, he's only human. Well, mostly/formerly human.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Poor Lem :(

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It was a nice surprise to see this back in my RSS feed this morning!

So how's Duane gonna react to his clear memories of what happened then? At least he probably doesn't have personal knowledge that Lem is a loving monster?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Fanart contest is happening and there is a very obvious winner straight off the bat:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Contests/2020/2020fanart/Aminaminathan_UnsoundedAbridged.gif

That's gonna be real hard to top.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Welp, Minnow's about to get torn limb from limb again.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Appreciate Cope sparing us what it looks like after Minnow tries to swallow one of the cookies- given that she doesn't have an esophagus.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

My parent's believed in the Sharteshane baby naming- that's why my name is Kick-Him-In-The-Dick Mulcahey.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I wonder how waterwomen would feel about swimming through carbonated water. Probably pretty fizzy, right?

Also, does this mean they'd create First Diet Dr. Pepper?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Woah woah woah, who's talking about torture here. The water women get a constant sugar rush and caffeine high, we get First Materials. It's win-win baby!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Can't wait for Murkopf to show back up for the pageant.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I love that the wright has to keep firming up the ice under Claggart. A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

isndl posted:

Those... aren't eyes in her wings. :aaaaa:

Twattybird.