Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Hell, he could stand by the loving Home Depot, practice his Spanish and maybe get some day laborer work. His English might be awful, but he's obviously, based on just his writing and posting, ESL.

Of course, he'll have to make sure he doesn't hit the foreman's car with a wheelbarrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

4th Asclepiadean posted:

I have no idea where you got that from.

The joke was that he's none of those things and has no loving excuse.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Yeah, per my BCOMM teacher, you mail it the next day.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

Well I guess I'll have to come clean about "The Bird of Fortune". I wasn't happy with it going in to Sunday when it had to be submitted. I had one person took a look at it and messaged four other people to take a look at it. Why wasn't I happy with it? It was a weak story. It was a point A to point B kind of story with two-dimensional characters and a cliched conflict. I wasn't telling a story, I was leading the reader by the nose. I wanted to bow out of the Thunderdome, but I decided to post because I had to see this through. That's why I keep coming back to the Thunderdome. I don't want to be stuck in an echo chamber and pumping out crap nobody reads thinking it's great like Ignatius from A Confederacy of Dunces. I ask that question to myself every so often: what's separating me from Ignatius J. Reilly? In one sense, I'm actually getting my writing out there for other people to see.

Tamarillo, as long as I'm getting interviews from office jobs, I'll keep applying. I liked doing administrative functions for my political fellowship. Sure it wasn't even a part-time position, but I was good enough to get a letter of a good letter of recommendation from the candidate. That's not to say I'm applying to that kind of work exclusively. I'm also applying to other places like retail, restaurant, and fast food. In fact, I just got an email from Olive Garden: they want to schedule an interview with me.

Mail the loving thank you note. Also, don't run the Parmesan shredder into anyone's car.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Dex posted:

They're both tropers and it shows.

They're tropers and we know it.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I know this isn't as cool as colorfinger's contribution, but I think I found Benny's resume submission process.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Xenocides posted:

This is how I imagine Benny communicating in person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OUad17_Pzo

Nah, he's an adult baby Hispanic version of Virginia Chance from Raising Hope.

Holy poo poo, he even lives with a non-senile mother/mawmaw.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

I do have a physical degree. I'm not posting it here because it has my real name. Benny Ortiz is a pseudonym.

No poo poo, it's a pseudonym. Lay your diploma on a goddam table, cover your name up with a piece of cardboard torn off a cereal box, write your username and today's date on the piece of cardboard, Joe Ramirez.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

I could do the same with another guy's diploma and pass it off as mine. Seriously, the only way I could prove that I do have a diploma is to post it displaying my real name and verifying that it's mine. Which I'm not going to do because I'm very aware that there's certain people on the internet who are paying attention me and who would dox and harass me if I give out any more information about myself.

EDIT: Phew, almost poked the bear with a stick back there.

So you're saying you lied about graduating, Chico Mantegna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Benny's in chino, California.

• Locked thread