Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Don't get me wrong. Nothing is beneath a person as long as it's honest. It's just that I'm very much over-qualified for fast food/warehouse work. Besides, I figure I'd listen to, you know, the guy who's a college graduate and has employment working campaigns. It worked for him apparently.

Aaah you are a silly man. I am a chemical engineer and I worked for a warehouse for awhile right after school. By the by warehouse jobs can be pretty great. Everyone was very nice and relaxed and the pay was something like $15 an hour. That is a lot for small town Ontario 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Devyl posted:

Good luck OP, sorry I couldn't help anymore. However, if you still want to freelance in something you're more comfortable with, check out www.freelancejobopenings.com.

Da poo poo? Benny the Snake why would you turn down a job?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Well I applied the same drat day Devyl sent me the link. Also right next to "detailing", the editor asked me if I had any automotive experience too...which I don't have to the level of what a car magazine editor wants. I could've BS'd him, but the way I figure, I would've been called out eventually so I told him the truth.

This is so sad that I am starting to feel bad for you and angry at any education system that took your money and left you so hopelessly incapable of surviving as an adult.

FYI BSing is exactly what you should have done. If I was looking to hire someone to write poo poo for me and I asked them anything that got me a one word answer I would be done interviewing you. You shouldn't lie, but you should have told some story or something, anything that shows you have any creative or communicative skills. He wasn't looking for you to teach him about cars he was looking for you to show him you can put words on paper.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Grognan posted:

Its fuckin hard to find jobs sometimes. I'm up on a year of being unemployed. This is becoming a new norm, seriously. Any job is hard to find and noone is actually hiring you if you have anything unorthodox in your history. I'm tired of people automatically assuming the worst of the unemployed. There's no question as to what is actually going on, he's already a lazy shitbag in many people's eyes.

You are silly and you didn't read the thread.

Benny if you don't learn anything else from your brief period of employment please learn you should never ever tell a seasoned employee that what they are doing is wrong and your method is better especially on your first day. I've seen folks fired for that as well and it's not that they were even wrong necessarily but the fact there is actually a reason things are done a certain way and if you are being that argumentative your first day there is no way you are going to get along with the other employees.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

So I guess I have a bit of explaining to do.

On Wednesday I went to my job to clear things up with my boss, since I was afraid that I might be laid off soon. And this is what he told me. He said that on day one it was clear to him that I wasn't experienced enough to work in a fast paced kitchen. And to be fair, I'm not. Most of my work experience is based in fast food, not in a restaurant setting. He said he hoped that I could instead work closing, but they had a designated closer already. They had no room for me. If I had applied a month earlier, they would of had me working as a cashier maybe, but at this point all of the positions I could conceivably work were filled. He made no mention about how I used a spatula instead of a rag to cook the zucchini and I'm confident that wasn't why he let me go. He didn't point it out and I didn't feel like asking. In retrospect I probably should have. He said that he liked my energy: how I showed up on time, ready to work, and immersed myself fully into the tasks at hand. So I asked him if I could use him as a reference and he said that not only could I but he'd lie for me. He'd tell prospective employers that I actually worked there for six months. If this man was dissatisfied with my work effort, why would he offer to lie for me? Why would he allow me to use him as a reference in the first place? Granted I only worked for a week, but by asking him if I could use him as a reference it was my way of seeing what he really thought of me. He even told me to check in a month to see if there were any positions open. I made a very good impression on the man.

So yeah I'm back to square one. But at the same time, I feel good about myself. If it wasn't for circumstances, I would've held on to that job. There's another restaurant, El Pescador, that's hiring for dishwashers. There was a huge banner outside of the door that said in Spanish "Now hiring for dishwashers." I applied there earlier this month, so I'm very relived that I have my foot in the door. Jack in the Box held interviews last week and they've already hired people. I went back to McDonald's today and a head manager took down my name and number for the umpteenth time-said he'd look me up and let the hiring manager know immediately. Above all else, I'm going to call these places on a daily basis until I either get an interview or if I'm turned down. I feel much better about my prospects now. The fact that I held on to a job for a week and still made a great impression shows me that I'm very much hire-able.

Oh and while I'm here: I'm gonna start calling plant nurseries again come Monday when the work week starts, as well as every one of the places that I'm following up. And I never thought about working security either-I'll look into that too right now.

EDIT: for those who ask, Cesar is the guy who's closing and he's family. Not much I can do about nepotism.

Oh good so you didn't learn anything. Come on dude. Would you at least consider the possibility that maybe you don't know everything? Multiple people have told you the way you acted in the kitchen caused or at least contributed to why you were fired. Maybe the people in this thread who have actually held a job as an adult actually know something more than you.

I really think the person who asked you about having autism was onto something. It's not even that you are clueless about getting a job you are clueless about basic human interaction. The restaurant manager was going to try and be as non confrontational as possible. He isn't interested in helping you find work he wants you to stop bothering him about why you were fired.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

lexan posted:

You probably are, but so what? The worst case scenario is that they don't hire you. It's not like applying costs you anything.

Eeeeh maybe. I was in charge of hiring people at a previous job. Most places like Target have a policy of not hiring anyone back within a certain time frame regardless of why they left. Wal-Mart is six months, same for the call center I worked for, I want to say six month is pretty standard.

If Benny really wants to work at Target again he needs to get in touch with someone at HR and find out what their policy is. It's readily available and it would annoy the ever loving gently caress out of me if someone ignored that information or was too lazy to look for it and just kept spamming me with resumes. I would not hire a person who did that.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Eris posted:

Anyone else think two interviews for a cashier position is weird?

Sears does do it for whatever reason. I used to work for Sears they have a general interviewer person interview you and then some kind of team lead for for whatever position you are applying for to see if they think you would be good at the job.

Anyway I very briefly helped interview on occasion and Benny the most important thing to Sears if you are in any kind of position where you will interact with customers is signing them up for that Sears credit card. You mentioned it in passing but seriously if you have any plans of following up with them again you make sure they understand you will be the best darn credit card pusher ever.

And if you slipped me a thank you card before you left I would think you were hitting on me or something and be extremely weirded out regardless of your gender so I really am not sure that you should keep doing that.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Toriori posted:

Wait, why would he be? Did I miss something?

I don't think anyone actually thinks he is a sex offender but he apparently gets on IRC with goons and obsesses about wanting to get laid excessively so that combined with the fact he's all proud of himself for lying to the thread about something who knows.

Benny really stop lying, from the start of this thread everyone knew you were lying about things you didn't fool anyone. People just stopped calling you on it because it's pointless and boring. In real life when people have to deal with someone who lies blatantly and constantly they just stop interacting with them. Does that happen to you often? You try and make friends and they eventually drift away? Maybe you get invited to large gatherings every so often that's for the entertainment value, people are laughing at you for whatever ridiculous poo poo you may make up.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Grammar is boring grammar chat is boring I am quoting this because this is absolutely hilarious and no one acknowledged it

That drat Satyr posted:

Ok, so maybe it's reaching, but I think here's another little lie. I definately proofread Benny's story and gave him feedback on it...

....but aparently at least one other person also gave him feedback, but he said only one did.

The way this is worded implies that the person here was the one that gave him feedback and helped him with it... So which is it, Benny? Why would you lie about something so stupidly simple as how many people proofread and gave you feedback on your story?

Benny why would you lie about something like that? And for someone who lies as much as you do why are you so bad at it?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

That drat Satyr posted:

Ok, so maybe it's reaching, but I think here's another little lie. I definately proofread Benny's story and gave him feedback on it...

....but aparently at least one other person also gave him feedback, but he said only one did.

The way this is worded implies that the person here was the one that gave him feedback and helped him with it... So which is it, Benny? Why would you lie about something so stupidly simple as how many people proofread and gave you feedback on your story?

Quoting this again because I am actually really interested to hear your reply. What does Benny do when he is caught in a straight out lie?

Own up to it? (heh)

Blame someone else?

Say he forgot how many people critiqued it? I think he's going to go with this one even though it's another really obvious lie.

Benny you are a fascinating person help us understand how your mind works.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Benny you have never responded to me in this thread I don't think but I hope you read this.

Benny Please Read These Words

Part of what I did when I helped with hiring people was do quick internet searches to make sure nothing too terrible came up.

The aim id you have on your SA profile is connected to your real name, it's the first thing that comes up on google. Also either your aim name or your blog name, I can't remember which, are connected to a few sites where you mention the fetish you wouldn't name earlier in the thread. It's not illegal so personally it's not something I would care about but I don't know how open minded the people interviewing you are.

You need to keep your professional life separate from your private life. You have hopefully already gotten this advice but just in case not you need to have a completely unique email address to put on applications/resumes and it shouldn't be anything but some combination of your name. Don't mention your blog on your resume at all.

I'm not trying to shame you and I really hope no one else does the same search and posts poo poo in this thread but this is something you need to address and would certainly explain why you get interviews but no offers after people have had a chance to check you out.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Uncle Salty posted:

Anyone who deliberately excludes someone from a job search because of a fetish is kinda douchey.

That said, I wouldn't have stuff about my fetish easily linked to my real name and my blog.

Also, I want to know what the fetish is too.

No I completely agree with you and I'm sorry if I didn't word that strongly enough in my post, I think that type of discrimination should be illegal. What consenting adults do is their own business and again it wouldn't have been a barrier where I worked. However I currently live about an hour away from Benny and the culture is very different here. The problem you run into is business owners don't want "unsavory" things associated with their business that's why it's so important to keep your personal life and business life separate. It's also why I was pretty surprised that Benny made an AIM name specifically for SA but then went on to use it on a bunch of other sites. Like he had the right idea but then just said gently caress it.

It's not a very exciting fetish and I'm not posting it because again it's his business, I just want him to have the best chance of finding a job.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Oh, that's not my real name. "Benny Ortiz" is a fake name.

Hey Benny! First off I want to thank you for reading and replying. Most people would have given up on this thread and I think it's awesome you keep updating. I think though you may have missed another point I was making which is totally understandable I tend to type a lot of words.

Again this is coming from someone who did hiring for Sears and I assume the same applies to most companies. The internet search I would do was very brief, certainly nothing like what SASS does. So while it's cool that the stuff that comes up from your aim name is not connected to your real name my second point is when an interviewer googles your
Name
Phone number
email address
Nothing should come up. I mean maybe a linkedin profile and the white pages, things like that. Not a SASS thread, not a fetish site, not someone else's name.

If we had 100 people interview for one job sure you can eliminate some applicants easily but when it comes down to 25 people who are all basically very similar we had to use some pretty insignificant stuff to narrow it down. I've seen people be passed over because their email address was theirname69@gmail.com

That was a lot of words to make the point that I hope the email address you use on your resume/applications is your name only or your name and birthday, something along those lines. And you should only use that address for work related stuff.

Benny the Snake posted:

Anyway, I've scheduled a second interview with Sears tomorrow. I'm going to tell my interviewer how I'm experienced and comfortable signing up people for credit cards from my work at Target. And I guess I'll have to mis-direct why I was let go from Target. I'm not comfortable with it because I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll come back to bite me in the rear end much like this thread. But I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

The fact that you got a second interview is a great sign. If I was you I would say something along the lines of while you loved working as a cashier for target cart corralling wasn't your thing and you were hoping to find a position where customer interaction would be the majority of your job. Word that though so it makes sense. Never say anything bad about the previous place you worked for but it never bothered me if someone mentioned there was a specific aspect of their job they didn't feel suited for unless that would be part of the job they were interviewing for. I assume this Sears doesn't have carts but check on that I guess before you say anything about it. And then yammer on about why you would be good at extolling the many virtues of the Sears card.

I am editing to add that if you can take a moment and research the Sears card before your interview so you can sell it to the interviewer, they would cream their pants over that.

Sears.com posted:

Sears Card®

Exclusive monthly savings and special financing offers
$0 Liability on unauthorized purchases
Additional users at no extra cost
Temporary shopping pass at Sears and Kmart if you forget your card*
Use at Sears, Kmart, Sears.com, Kmart.com, Lands' End, and more
Citi Identity Theft Solutions

* I.D. required. Sears and Kmart stores only.

Sears.com posted:

Sears MasterCard® Card
No annual fee
Monthly sales events and special financing offers every day
Shop everywhere MasterCard® credit cards are accepted
MasterCard Exclusive benefits such as Purchase Assurance®
$0 Liability on Unauthorized Purchases

What makes the Sears MasterCard® Card different than a Sears Card®?

The Sears MasterCard® Card offers the same great benefits as a Sears Card®, but it may also be used at millions of locations that accept MasterCard® credit cards. It can also be used for cash advances at thousands of ATM and branch banks all over the world, if your account has a cash advance feature.

You can do it Benny!

Queen Elizatits fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 8, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

MEMRI posted:

I am very excited to pursue this opportunity and would be eager to set up a time to discuss further how I would be an excellent candidate for this position. Please do not hesitate to contact me at (555)-123-4567 or at 420weedlord@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

You're joking but you would be amazed at some of the email addresses I have seen on otherwise professional resumes. I don't know if people think interviewers are old people who just sit isolated in a box 24 hours a day so there is no way they would know what a dirty sanchez or a cleveland steamer is but I've seen variations of both of those.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. The interview is later on today, and I'm already dressed and prepared. I just hope I make such a good impression on them that I get hired on the spot.

Sorry more words. Another thing that may help you is Sears is really big on hiring people from within the company. I started out taking orders and ended up in marketing, PR, and purchasing. Which I am sure is shocking because I know I type like an idiot. So if it's something you are still wanting to be paid for writing you might really enjoy marketing. Plus it's a good way to answer that "where do see yourself in five years" question. "I've heard there is always room for advancement within Sears and ideally I would see myself still working for this company something something something"

Jeffrey posted:

Maybe I'm an outlier but I would hire clevelandsteamer69@gmail.com if they were competent and personable in real life.

Personally I wasn't offended at all but Sears has a very high opinion of itself as being a classy store for classy older ladies and they don't like funny things.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Actually, the manager who I gave it to told me he appreciated it. I guess it did work.

As for the interview, I was told at the end that they would go through the group of candidates, including me, and they'll call me if they've chosen me. I feel disapointed that I didn't get the job on the spot since it was the second interview.

I am confused about this second interview now. Usually the second interview is the here is how much we will pay you now start signing stuff.

What did they ask you? Was it the same people that originally interviewed you?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Croc Monster posted:

We need to pump some life back into this thread because SpoonfulofBromide is eating Benny's lunch.

Benny knows a lot about comics maybe he could mentor Bromide.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

4) he doesn't, and at the same time destroys any hope that he might've just skimmed the prompt post and missed the rule. I may be reading too deeply into this, but I can't help see the cocked hat smiley as Benny's "teheehee puppetmaster im so clever they'll never catch me" moment.
But keep in mind Benny, we're not nearly as dumb as you seem to think we are. Nobody is that dumb. You couldn't control a shopping cart, and you sure as poo poo can't play us like chess pieces.

I am sure that is exactly what that stupid smiley meant and for god's sake Benny you are a terrible liar are you aware how dumb doing things like that makes you look?

Worth it though for the cart slam. drat Benny. Right there is an example of good writing. Maybe instead of pissing everyone in the writing forum off you could try and learn from them?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Benny I have a job related question for you. When I wrote out these words

Queen Elizatits posted:

Sorry more words. Another thing that may help you is Sears is really big on hiring people from within the company. I started out taking orders and ended up in marketing, PR, and purchasing. Which I am sure is shocking because I know I type like an idiot. So if it's something you are still wanting to be paid for writing you might really enjoy marketing. Plus it's a good way to answer that "where do see yourself in five years" question. "I've heard there is always room for advancement within Sears and ideally I would see myself still working for this company something something something"

Did it ever cross your mind to ask me for advice or maybe even a reference? I live like an hour away from you and when I worked with Sears Corporate I spent time working with the CEO at the time Dene Rogers. Mr. Rogers only resigned a few years ago meaning that your store manager has probably heard of him I would hope. I mean who knows if name dropping would have done you any good but I am just curious why it didn't occur to you to try. It wouldn't be the first time someone has used an internet person as a reference and I probably could have come up with some words about how I thought you would be a good fit with the company.

I mean I sure wouldn't give you a reference now but do you know anything about networking?

Oh also good to know you were in fact lying about how many people critiqued your last story.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Systran and I both made line crits of his previous story and received zero thanks (and definitely no thank you cards).

It's hard to wrap my head around the idea that Thunderdome may be brought up in a psychotherapy session.

Queen Elizatits fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 15, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Benny why don't you know what words mean did you honestly go to school for some kind of English degree?

I know nitpicking your posts is lame but it's like you don't have a grasp of basic English. When someone asked you if English was your second language and you said no was that one of your lies?

Turtlicious posted:

To be fair, getting a job in this day and age is incredibly hard. I seriously doubt he can just wave his arms and make a job appear out of thin air. He might be a lying scum bag, but unless he has an in, he's probably not going to get a job.

Well yeah except he has gotten several jobs he just keeps getting fired. No sarcasm you should really read this entire thread. Or at least Benny's posts. He isn't quite as alien as Ulillillia but Benny really is an interesting person, I don't think his brain works the same way most of ours do. That's why I don't care what he posts about as long as he posts.

Queen Elizatits fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 16, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

lexan posted:

I'd like to point out that Ulillillia just got a second job this week.

That is actually really cool, I'm happy for him last I heard he was running out of money to buy pants. Was this the job at his apartment complex he couldn't take originally because of his sleep cycle?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Congratulations on being allowed to hang out in the library for free Benny.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
God bless.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

Okay I just got back from orientation. My job is to post merchandise on sites like Amazon and Ebay. There's a formula I'm going to use to come up with the minimum price to sell and if some one else sells it cheaper, I pass. My company is a middle man: we buy stuff from warehouses and sell it online. And we sell everything from shoe eyelets to tattoo needle guns to even hydroponics. I'm going to handle Amazon and I have a feeling they're gonna give me Craigslist as well to liquidate returns. Pay is minimum wage and the hours are Monday-Friday, six hours a day. 30 hours a week is considerably better than Target was. I'm on a 90 day probation. Our office is a Mac one, which will take a bit of an adjustment since I'm a PC user. I feel like I'm in a good place though: it's a very friendly environment. And I came in at the right time, since summer is the slow season before September and then comes the Christmas shopping season.

Later on, I'm going to an appointment with my psych to get myself back on meds. I'm going to call the library and speak with my supervisor about my new job and how we can schedule volunteer hours around it.

This actually sounds like a pretty neat job. It certainly sounds a million times better than doing phone support in a call center and getting yelled at by angry people with broken internet. Hopefully you'll have a bunch of coworkers your own age too.

Good job Benny I mean that sincerely.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

When you have an astigmatism, both nearsightedness and farsightedness, and degenerative sight, then yes. I also don't have insurance, so I have to pay the full price.

God Over Djinn posted:

Yup. My eyeglasses cost close to $1k/pair with insurance (and my insurance is excellent); prescription sunglasses were about $800. If your eyesight is bad enough and you can't wear contacts there's really nothing you can do. Pretty understandable thing to spend a loan on IMO.

e: and if his eyes are as bad as mine he probably won't be able to buy glasses online.

No...

Sigma-X posted:

My girlfriend got two pairs of poor people glasses from here for $100 shipped:

http://www.coastal.com/

Chainsaw McGee posted:

Benny. Get an eye exam, get them to write down your prescription and your pupillary distance in millimeters, and get some glasses from zennioptical.com.

My vision is worse than what Benny describes and I also can't wear contacts. I've gotten glasses from both of those places without any problems. Someone from zenni got in contact with me and my optometrist before they processed the order because my eyesight is hosed up in a way he hadn't seen before but they still were able to provide the glasses. Which by the by is pretty spectacular customer service for a pair of glasses that ended up being about $30 shipped.

And your first pair from Costal is free, you just pay shipping.

Seriously Benny just go get your prescription, clutch that paper in your hands because you will need to scan it to send to Zenni and order glasses online.

Edit because this is the truth

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

You can buy glasses online if you bad eyesite. Paying $800 is getting scammed.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Way too many words about how you couldn't figure out how to do an ebay listing on your own jesus. My 82 year old aunt figured out ebay.

Maybe one day you will decide the lesson you need to learn is personal responsibility instead of dumping a huge wall of excuses down but

probably not

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

spunkshui posted:

also you can sort "price + shipping"

Yeah there isn't even an option to sort by lowest price minus shipping on ebay so the whole moral objection thing is idiotic. I'm not seeing the scammy part of this job at all it sounds like fairly standard redistribution stuff.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I guess my biggest question, which thus far has been unanswered by this thread, is why is benny enabled by the thread?

Or is it entirely for the hilarity of laughing at benny?

Benny is like SA's own little Ulillillia except that uli is a published author.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

TheReverend posted:

Benny it's time to go to the mall and find a military recruiter.

There is a zero percent chance Benny would be accepted into any branch of the US military atm. They are cutting thousands of active duty they aren't going to pick up an obese dude who has never held a job pretty much and still lives at home with his parents in his 20s.

crabrock posted:

ugh stop giving benny advice. he's going to ignore it or gently caress it up anyway.

he should really think about disability, because he is just unemployable. he's lazy, slow, and does stupid poo poo and things stupid things because he has diagnosed psychosis.

I agree with all of this. Benny you are the person disability is designed to help.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

systran posted:

I dunno I was watching some movie on HBO once where there was a fat guy in boot camp who wasn't very good at anything, but he eventually became a good shot and starting making progress, I had to leave before the movie ended so I'm not sure what happened, but it seemed like it was showing that with proper training even fuckups can become successful professional killers

Was it Stripes? If yes I change my answer to Benny you should do your own reality show in the military based on Stripes

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Krotera posted:

I hope he's not lying or trying to save face about the degree thing.

Because that didn't sound like an honest answer even though I feel like it's inconceivable he wouldn't have somehow been caught in lying about it.

Most of the poo poo Benny posts is him lying so probably, people just don't bother calling him out anymore. Like this whole ridiculous thing about medi-cal process times. I live like an hour and a bit from Benny so I know he's lying but then any idiot with brain function can look up how long the medi-cal processing times are and they aren't two months.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Benny the Snake posted:

I could do the same with another guy's diploma and pass it off as mine. Seriously, the only way I could prove that I do have a diploma is to post it displaying my real name and verifying that it's mine. Which I'm not going to do because I'm very aware that there's certain people on the internet who are paying attention me and who would dox and harass me if I give out any more information about myself.

EDIT: Phew, almost poked the bear with a stick back there.

SASS doesn't care/already knows your real name you doofus. What exactly do you think they are going to 'dox' you about? Your parents already know what a hopeless loser you are and you don't have an employer or friends.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

A Tin Of Beans posted:

He doesn't have money or insurance, and refuses to call the state to see how long processing times are/what his status is.

... When I started this post, I was feeling really generous and was going to type a whole screed about how unpleasant it can be wanting medical or dental care when you can't afford it, then I remembered the 'too lazy to call and see when poo poo's gonna go through' bit and I have lost all sympathy. Again. :negative:

Benny, have you called Medi-Cal yet?

He doesn't even have to call you can check the status online. And the current processing time for medi-cal applications is 10 business days.

The only person in this mess I have any sympathy for is his mother. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be living with Benny? And this entire thread started because he and his brother won't stop watching porn in the family room while the person supporting them is working and he wanted to sue her. I think I would have murdered him or myself.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Robot_Rumpus posted:

In this case, why not? Cover up the name with a piece of paper.

What gets me is that he's so stupid he doesn't understand that everyone already knows everything about him, including his weird sexual fetishes. They know all this and no one really cares.

I think it's incredibly likely he doesn't have one. People are basing their advice (or at least they were until he has shown he is most likely lying about everything) on the assumption he was telling the truth about having a degree.

Why would he NOT just post a picture in this case?

After what Rhonyn Peacemaker posted earlier about graduation requirements I think most people realize there is a zero percent chance Benny actually graduated. It's kind of funny how committed to the lie he is though.

If I hadn't seen both of Benny's dating profiles (Benny don't use the same picture on your 'vanilla' profile as your mommy fetish profile) I would believe this thread was written by a fairly stupid 12 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

ExtraFox posted:

I've been reading from the beginning, but I can't for the life of me recall which town/city/whatever Benny lives in. Anyone know off the top of their head?

I'm trying to be less of an internet jerk to Benny so in case he's removed the exact city he lives in I will say that I live in Edwards California and Benny lives about an hour and 45 minutes or so from me just to give you an idea.

Benny I have an idea for you, a serious one this time. Flipping library books isn't going to make you money you have to know that. But you are a lucky person in that we live in an area with awesome thrift stores. There are well off people here who would rather donate stuff then go to the effort of moving it. If you really want to flip stuff spend the time and educate yourself about high end clothing/shoes and start spending a lot of time in local goodwills and what have you. Learn basic sewing so if you find something awesome that just needs a quick stitch fix you can do it. Check ebay to get an idea of what sells well.

I don't sell the stuff I find but just to give you an idea since I moved here I have found:

A schotts perfecto motorcycle made as a limited edition for two years in the 70s. I paid $15 for it I have had people offer me $1000 for it.

A 100% wool Ralph Lauren women's trench coat. Brand new, retails for close to $2000 I paid $7.

I've found quite a few Ralph Lauren dress shirts and suits but I don't buy those. A quick look though tells me the black label stuff can retail for close to $2500 so oops.

Acne Studio boots sell for about $300 or so on ebay and retail for about $700 I have found two pairs one for less than $50 one for just over $100.

Countless pairs of new and nearly new Nikes.

Brand new steam cleaner that retails for about $220, it needed a drop of hot glue so it would dispense water works perfectly now.

A bunch of other stuff but since you probably won't read this post I'm tired of typing now.

• Locked thread