Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Dumb question, but are you sure it isn't on the negative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I was accused of being a pedophile for taking this:

Sexy young Christmas trees. People are touchy at night.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

"Pervert" dude, yeah. He knows I'm into young trees.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Fragrag posted:

I sometimes wonder how Todd Hido handles people when he's taking his pictures. Does he bring one of his books and show people his previous work or something?

I recall reading something where he spoke of his technique, lots of it was taking pictures from a distance and slowly moving in if there was no trouble.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

V500 is completely fine for 120.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

That looks like every Portra 400 photo I've scanned.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Hey genderfluid, did you do anything to add a light trap on your 6x12 back or do you just not remove the darkslide fully?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I will be attempting to mount my 90mm f/8 Nikkor. Not a bad camera when you've already got all of the required LF accessories...

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

90mm f/8s are around that price anyways. Good luck. I'm in for the 90 and luckily own a compatible lens already.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Untitled by lucas.deshazer, on Flickr

I bought the Chinese 6x12 back floating around and it's pretty leaky.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

My best tip for Epson Scan: scan your negatives as 48 bit positives and do all of the inversion work yourself in Photoshop.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

brothers

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

aliencowboy posted:

Wow. That really is compact. How long does it take for them to build/ship orders?

Mine only took 2 weeks to arrive, obtaining film holders was a bigger hold up.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Putrid Grin posted:

... and I want to see what I can do with a 120mm negative.

It's not 120mm.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

So you don't bump it when you've cocked the shutter in advance. Bulb mode is the "B" setting, T mode (time) can be used by setting the shutter dial to an invalid speed (the large blank space) and turning it to a valid speed to close the shutter when the exposure is finished.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

"Universal bellows" that have a bag end and a normal folding bellows end are the best, IMO.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Not enough Portra in there

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

eggsovereasy posted:

So I just send an email to this yahoo.com address posted on chamonixviewcamera.com to place an order for a camera?

Seems kind of shady.

Hugo owns. Just make sure to ask for your tracking number or you won't get it until it's at your doorstep.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Shoot with whatever the hell you want, you can't go wrong.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Acros is pretty much all contrast.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Put your camera in a plastic bag

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Those aren't straight out of camera.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

SOOC Portra. Any tips on post processing?

evil_bunnY posted:

What you should do is wear a poncho at all times, then reverse it over your head onto the camera.

I put a children's poncho over my film bag at night. Works great.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

Aye, mate, I'm havin' a giggle at your use of the phrase "straight out of camera" to refer to pictures from print film.

dingdingding

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

The Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8 is the sharpest lens I've used on 4x5. I'm still able to focus with it at EV 0, although it takes a bit of concentration.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Sludge Tank posted:

cross post from landscapes.

welp, this has pretty much set me solid. not paying to get any more rolls done until I get my own chemicals. this cost way too much to get done. some other shots but these were most of the keepers. also really disliking converging verticals etc which makes me all the more keen to get my LF up and running, still pleased with some of the results and definitely want to use my 10 stop a whole lot more.

drat dude if you think your 120 film costs are expensive maybe large format isn't the best idea

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

They're ok

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

You'll get much, much faster at loading or much, much slower at using up your sheets in no time.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Kodacolor II was the first commercially available C-41 film and notably unstable. I've never seen a roll develop even remotely useable.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

They're not overexposed, you need to work with your curves.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Very blue.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

6x4.5 is a shamefully small format.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Bonneville Dam

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 12, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm always asking this because I'm an exposure dope but what did you meter for in these pictures? The dynamic range is insane. Like it looks like what you'd see on a HDR digital shot.

I just used an incident meter, standing in about the middle of each shot, pointing the top of the dome at the camera.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Decided to test my shutter speeds:

420 inaccurate speeds every day

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shutter-speed/id560154244?mt=8

I use the photoplug as well.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Shoulda just bought a Chamonix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

ZippySLC posted:

It seems like it takes you less far with the Pentax 67 and almost nowhere with the 67II though.

The 67II really offers minimal improvements over the 67 that aren't even close to worth the change in price.

Sludge Tank posted:

I really like fomapan, but I really hate scanning fomapan

You must really hate dusting your negs because the scans you've posted are grody as hell.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 4, 2014

• Locked thread