Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I just got back in to this after a few years break. Holy crap am I a terrible gambler and have wasted so much gold on the stupid Bamorama event!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

I am trying to play TERA at work on my laptop. I'm trying to connect via my phone tether using PDANet and stripping out the identifying information because I accidentally capped out my tether this month. I can get through the log-in server, but I can't download the master server list and actually launch the game. I can't get to the log-in without stripping the identifying information. Any ideas?

Every other game I've tried works fine, so I think it's just TERA not liking what I am doing.
I couldn't connect earlier in the year with my phone tether and ended up using Hotspot Shield. I had to connect using it, then disable it, then I could log in. I got no help from support. Not sure if it's similar but maybe that or a different VPN might work.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Absolutely loving the gunner class. Havnt had this much fun in awhile.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Pierson posted:

I've soloed every pack of every dungeon with:

Open with Scattershot
Arc Bomb to stun
Time Bomb to keep them still
Arcane Barrage and instantly detonate it
At this point Time Bomb goes off and as they're in the air I charge Mana Missiles and it goes off when they come back down.
Pepper the entire thing with Replenishment whenever it's up and hope for Arcane Barrage procs.

Most mobs are usually 1/2 or 2/3rds to dead after the first Arcane Barrage. That skill is insane. Bastion of Lok and Sinestral Manor are easy as poo poo and you can pull whole rooms. I'm at Ascent of Saravasti now and it's a little harder. If I could get a second or third gunner in it would trivialise everything but I'm not sure if multiple people can enter the same instance via the teleporter, or whether you're forced to group with the LFG tool.

Also, if quick enough/far enough away, you can sneak in a Blast shot as the Arcane Barrage is nearing before detonation for a bit of extra damage. It makes for a fun combo.
I've been mixing between power setups and crit setups. If grouped and I can consistently get behind the target crit is great, but other than that I'm not sure what's better. Still trying out glyph setups focusing on dmg increase, speed increase, and willpower build/cost lowering. Not sure, yet, as I still don't know what's ideal to chain together. This has been my favorite class so far, though I've only really leveled priest, slayer, and reaper.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the auto-chain with spacebar other than rebinding jump? I've been screwed over a number of times by not being able to jump due to a chain attack happening instead.
And I seem to have a heck of a time queuing. I'll wait 30 or more minutes and end up giving up, so that's making gearing up at 65 a bit tough (unless I'm grouped, but I'm too much of a loner...).

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Bybus Slago posted:

There's a button in your Skills window that lets you set the ability chains, so you can remove the 2nd ability. Or rebind the chain hotkey.
Thanks. I finally saw it under the chained skills option when you press K. I'd been looking in the normal options/shortcuts menu. I'd already removed all the chained skills but it still pops them up.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I'd only done most things as a priest and had no confidence trying Rift's Edge and Bathysmal Rise let alone anything harder. Often I didn't feel like playing just because it felt stressful running around trying to keep players alive.

I just did them as Gunner and oh man is it totally different. I feel like I'm playing a different game. Not dieing from every attack has been a big help to learn the mechanics better.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I just discovered Ghillieglade and wish I'd been doing it daily instead of the Vanguard ones. I skip the BAMs and get the tree in about 8 minutes. Four times a day gets me about 400g and a good bit of charms, ambit tokens and I've gotten a good Fire-something hoop/ring set, compared to running around killing the same things and collecting stuff for the VG dailies. Once geared, and with capable people, most dungeons go really fast, too, and give for decent daily items. Being in an Alliance and doing Vault as much as possible gives some good accessories and gold token things that give a good inner-armor loot box (once you get 80 of them, tho...). There's lots of alliance related stuff, too. Seems there's a variety of things to do, I'm still trying a lot out. Haven't really touched PVP content yet.

If anyone is on CH, I wouldn't mind joining for a few dungeons on my 65 Priest or Gunner. Only have a few friends playing and don't get together much. I'm going to start a lancer since that seems like something new to try. My slayer is at 51, but I don't know that I like it much. My brain is too slow so I need some range or heavy armor.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFesCqZHVSE

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

My thoughts on crafting/gathering:
Gather 50 of everything from the start (plants, energy, ore). Once you get to lvl 300 for each in gathering (check your character menu, gathering) you get an extra inventory row. Also, as soon as you get to Velika for the first time go to Getty, the inventory unlocker guy, and he'll give you a slot free. At lvl 55 a quest unlocks from him, too, that takes you to a few area towns and you have to turn in 50 of each gathering thing for that area. Then you get an inventory slot, too. So gathering give you 2 extra ones plus lots to sell if you don't do any crafting.

For high level crafting, certain materials are seriously expensive or rare to get as drops. It also costs a lot to buy all the materials, unless you gathered a lot and kept them, just to level crafting ability. So it seems expensive, but crafting lower level gear for friends and what not is much easier than lvl 60+ gear. I was hoping to have a friend craft me a weapon, but it would cost around 25k for the materials and I can't afford it. I think at lvl 60 or maybe 65 there are quests that pop up for each crafting to get a start and some free materials.

Etching and Alchemy seem more viable, though I haven't leveled them much, too, since they're useful items and dungeon runners go through them a lot. I think you can only become skilled in one type of crafting per character, too, so holding on to certain things for other chars to lvl with is a good idea.

As far as gunner, my vault times as reaper were around 6 minutes, priest 8 minutes and i'm getting under 4 with gunner. My friend who's a Tera pro does them in 2-3 with slayer, gunner, and warrior so I think end game gunner is on par with most DPS. Maybe the range makes it a bit easier, though, since you're out of the way for a lot of close up attacks.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Finally got an A. Tempted to sell the mount, but the stamina regen would be nice.

Also, if they sell this they'll make millions, I'm sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDrcVsYvngs

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Reaper has a good bit of stun moves, too, which can make for nice interrupts and combos, as well as some teleport type things. I had a lot of fun playing it as pretty much my first DPS char, until Gunner that is.
When you get certain buffs that increase attack speed you can't help but smile at all the flailing about and damage numbers flying around.

Since they're often the first max level character for people, they do get frowned upon in dungeons where knowing mechanics and boss moves is important. So that's where some of their dislike comes from.

And I understand better what the thread title is all about. However I masterworked my boots in 1 try, gloves in 9 but can't for the life of me get them past +10

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Plus, new Zerk (and sorcerer ) class buffs are coming soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2NCwN5rHU

Anatharon posted:

Also when leveling a new character I got FOUR relic weapon pieces out of a random Vampire that an Ovolith squished outside of Sinestral Manor. :psyduck:
Sometimes I'd go forever needing just a few more, then I'd finally get them all.

And wow does a tank make a huge difference. BR has been crazy without one, but I guess it gives more time to practice the mechanics.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Blast from the Past was removed in this last update, sadly.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

I was hoping they had something like this, cool.
Permanently?
As far as it seems. It was just stated as removed in the patch notes. There have been a good bit of dungeons and areas removed over the years. Some come back a bit revamped, but I imagine it was to either clear resources for newer stuff or give focus to them.

At least during this 2x XP time, doing story quests is really all that's needed to not out-level them too fast (they're the gold color ! quests). I don't remember which, but one of the later ones gives an OK inner wear armor thing that is otherwise expensive or grindy at end game. Also, browse through the achievements to see some nice things that are awarded upon completion from titles to pets to gold to gear. You can go back any time to do any quest. I've been running through a few for achievement purposes and it is nice to quickly one shot stuff. The only thing that ends is instance matching for dungeons under 60, but you can still do them solo or in a pre-made party if you go to their entrance.

For the cheapskates, teleport scrolls are more expensive than using a teleportal, so once you've unlocked a location go to a town's teleporter and get there thriftily!

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

widespread posted:

Okay, ah... the broker. What does the average sale price mean? Like, is it the average per unit or average per stack?

Can't log in to make sure at the moment, but stuff on the broker can be sorted for low/high for total stack or single unit price if you keep clicking the sort thing.
I love finding items that can be bought from merchants but sell for more on the broker even if it only brings me a few hundred gold per turn.

Been lucky with a few LFG groups lately, too, and got the beat Fulminar and Nimistrix in 3 mins or less achievements. It's crazy how efficient some players are.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Sanzio037 posted:

Can anyone tell me where people are getting the non-crafted disco weapons? I'm just wondering because it'd be nice to snag one for gold. I heard Channel Works has a potential rare drop. Any other places?
I think they are drops in Bathysmal Rise Hard Mode and Sky Cruiser Normal Mode. I guess there's the chance in RG and BRNM, but those I know with them got it from those other two. I think, though, that they are bind on pickup, though, so they can only be turned into feedstock for enchanting if not your gear or already acquired. Not totally sure since I've not done either of those and have barely got comfortable with RG, RE and BRNM.

Gindack posted:

How long has it been taking yall to level 60-65? Last time I played WH raids were a thing and I am thinking about picking it back up.
It goes pretty quick if you're ok at killing things and run the story line to get the Idoneal set, and do as many Sabex Armory or Macellarius Catacombs runs as you can for glyphs and alliance vault and Channel Works (also for ambit tokens) for accessories. It all adds up quickly.

Again, if anyone needs some help or a party member on Celestial Hills, let me know. I think I'll level a gunner on MT this weekend to see how the population is there.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I've been screwing around with a Lancer on a PVE server just to screw around and now I'm in the 40 somethings.
If you're on CH, I have a few chars to help with if needed.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Zerker is getting some buffs to the class soon, so seems pretty viable. There's double xp going on for a few more days so it's pretty quick to level things to get a feel.
The biggest difference for me with Gunner is you don't have to be so close to things to do your best damage leaving a bit more room to read attacks, attack, and dodge a bit less. My friend who's a super good slayer is doing better as gunner due to that, and they're a bit OP at the moment. They got their best Corsair's Stronghold as Gunner, too.

But Warriors and zerks can fill the tank roll, too, which really helps with queues. It's quite hard as gunner to get in them atm.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

BRHM is kind of a thing of misery for 1st timers like me and the reaper in my party. I can't pay attention to everything well enough.

Thanks for the invite into NFA, too. I'll try to get leveled soon.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Gunner, and I think Archer and Sorcerer (which I haven't tried yet) also don't require you to be in the face or tail of the bosses. So you get a bit more time and room to read attacks and dodge. Slayer, zerk and Warrior leave lots more flipping out and in and around so it can be considered more fun if that action is your thing. I see the best DPS come from skilled warriors, then slayers and zerks but all depends on the player.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

You're charging the mana missiles, right? I was in the level 50s before I realized that...

Also, you can spend Federation bills for fashion coupons at a 1:1 trade at the Federation Bills guy.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Also hold on to 50 of each type of ore, plant, and energy. You get a quest in the 50s that will give you another inventory row once you turn those in to the various NPCs.

Finished my 2nd try of BRHM and didn't die! Feels good. Then I spent 60 MES to MW some boots. Not quite ready to quit, but...

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Tell everybody who isn't a tank to use Eclipse Potion Vs. They're not too pricey and seem to help a bit. I still steal aggro as Gunner if I go all out, but I do notice a good difference when I use them in dungeons where it matters.

I went from Idoneal to full Ambit (except a Renegade belt) because the bonus from a set of 4 is nice. I only +12d the gloves and weap. For reference, as DPS, I then went from 5-6 min vaults and 11 min Ghillieglades in Idoneal to 2 min vaults and 5 min Ghillieglades with my Ambit set. I've been holding off on Discovery since I got advice to wait til the new gear comes out in the next month or so.

Good accessories and crystals makes a good difference from the Idoneal set and was my first focus when I got to 65.

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 23, 2015

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Maybe it was just me and my luck, but I nearly spent more trying to MW and enchant the one disco piece I've gotten than I did on all my ambit stuff. Again, not sure for non-dps how much it differs from Idoneal, though. I was discouraged on my Priest with the gear grind since completing things like solo vault and many of the Vanguard dailies took so long and I only have 2 ambit pieces on that char.

It takes a few weeks with daily dedication, but doing solo-vault gives golden tickets (and I think I got some from BRHM once) that will give an inner wear box once you get 80 of them. I lucked out and got a good piece. It's a great place to get rings and earings. Doing Vanguard quests gives Vanguard tokens to then buy crystals and enchanting stuff from the Vanguard Vendor that's a bit cheaper than on the broker. RG, CW, BRNM, Ghillieglade, and solo Vault are easy enough to run (once you learn the mechanics, especially, for RG and BR) and can get you stuff pretty quickly. Don't forget Sabex and Macellarius Catacombs for glyphs, too.

Idoneal seems just fine for anything that isn't Hard Mode and the only ones who struggle with it are those without accessories and proper crystals and the ability to keep clear of bigger attacks.
Here's a nice vid that goes through consumables https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b62gc0MLWlg

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Do you have Elite status? I think that might be why it was 2, but I'm not sure. I know it's 4 for elite. Instance reset scrolls can reset it and the daily reset is around 4 or 5 am Pacific Time. There is a slight cool down, like 15 mins from start or something.

and which one of you is this?
http://www.twitch.tv/senormudkipp/b/672032951

That voice mod was cracking my friends and I up! Simply amazing.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

The lamb bulgogi is a nice buff for harder bosses and can sell for a fair amount later on, so it can be worth doing the daily for it. And you can get a necklace that is good for increasing gathering skills if not already maxed with that stuff.
Then you can lose all your gold betting on BAMs when the rng screws you. So there's that, too.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I don't have access to it at the moment, but under the options and UI settings you there's a drop-down to choose various elements and scale them to their own size. Took me a while to notice it, too.
I think the chat, though, has to be scaled through the chat tab settings, at least for text size. You can grab the bottom right corner of the chat box to size it, too.

Staying true to the thread title, I've given up after 120 tries to masterwork my new t7 weapon with no luck and about 10k gold spent. Lost about 20k to Bamaram, too.

Rng...

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Just the highest tier gear. Not sure about tier 6 stuff since the update, but it was and now tier 7 seems to consume tons. The lower tier stuff seems pretty easy to masterwork and enchant, especially if in a guild in an alliance and you can use the Bronze (or Gold if available) Enchanter NPC.

I finally MW'd my t7 weap after 144 tries and only got it to +10 after about 600 feedstock and the Gold Enchanter, my friend has spent about 40k for her t7 gear to get enchanted.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Skwee posted:

Can someone explain to me what naturetune naturebeat and naturetrill are? Like for the boxes you can buy with sandcastle medallions. I have no clue what I should get or what the difference is

This is my new favorite site for all things Tera:
http://zephya.wix.com/tera#!accesories/c1mcr

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

My friend has used about 6 potions and got a permanent costume. I've done 3 and got consumable stuff. Who knows what the chances are, though.

Extensive alkahest will be important for level 65 gear to enchant with, so save all you can!

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I think what you read is a little outdated, especially since a new gear patch just hit yesterday. This page has good info:
http://www.essentialmana.com/gear-and-accessories-overview/

Idoneal is basically entry gear in to level 65 dungeons. Looks like going for Schisma in Channelworks and Kalivan's Dreadnaught Challenge Mode is the next tier and what Ambit used to be. Dreadnaught gear is what Discovery used to be. Depending on how comfortable you are at dungeon running and basic boss mechanics then skipping Schis might be doable. Otherwise you may just be a squishy reliability for the rest of the party in the harder dungeons.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Bingemoose posted:

Was wondering if I should re roll the enraged for more CDR or a different stat. still not master worked either.
It's up to you, if worth spending the spellbind and reset scrolls. They drop like crazy now, though, so you can do a few runs of CW and BR to restock. I think the preferred rollable stats are yellow and if you have all of them you get the max item level for the gear. They have an option in the reset menu to show what stats are available to roll so you can see if there's one you'd prefer.

I didn't meet the minimum requirement with my gear for the new dungeons so I enchanted my schisma boots and chest from +9 to +12 with only 2 failures and rerolled the boots stats until they were all the yellow ones.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Friend made a vid about Elins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkqY_NvZXLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Gather 50 of everything from the start (plants, energy, ore). Once you get to lvl 300 for each in gathering (check your character menu, gathering) you get an extra inventory row. Also, as soon as you get to Velika for the first time go to Getty, the inventory unlocker guy, and he'll give you a slot free. At lvl 55 a quest unlocks from him, too, that takes you to a few area towns and you have to turn in 50 of each gathering thing for that area. Then you get an inventory slot, too. So gathering give you 2 extra ones plus lots to sell if you don't do any crafting.

It's something to do in between things or as you come across them. If you only want to gain the gathering levels you can go to a high level area and try to gather those items. You'll fail, but still get points so if super bored or have something else to keep you occupied you can just try over and over on one spot til leveled.

If you think you may be in to Tera for a while and end-game stuff, then hold on to it all. Otherwise, the random stuff that gets dropped from gathering can be very profitable.

I sell gear that's not bind on pickup if it's enchantable, otherwise I just turn it all in to feedstock and stow away each level of it in my bank. You never know when you may level another char and it comes in handy. They practically throw feedstock and alkas at you now, though through VG dailies and questing. There's very little gain in converting or selling it until you get tier 7 and above (at least on my server).

Just check what the VG quests gives for rewards. Charms, feedstock, alkas and gold are worthwhile. You're limited on how many you can do a day for rewards, though, so I just max out the daily amount then don't bother with it, unless wanting the XP.

• Locked thread