Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

GaylordButts posted:

You are likely to become over-level for zones if you are doing all the quests. If you do a dungeon even more so. Make sure you do all the quests in the Story tab (the red !, ?,and *s) and you should probably skip the quests marked with a ! with a ring of arrows around it, which designates it as a repeatable.

What I find myself doing is starting with everything, but then abandoning all the non-story quests below my current level and just plowing through story quests until I catch back up. I don't think my Slayer has ever finished a zone outside the Island of Dawn, and I'm still leaving a trail of abandoned quests behind me.

fakeedit: Do make sure you take all the guild quests off the quest board. I wouldn't go out of your way to complete them, but many you'll finish just doing the normal quests. Also, you'll be prepared in case someone tries to rope you in for killing Vanarch BAMs later. There is no limit to the amount of guild quests you can have, so just get in the habit of taking them all whenever you are in a town.

Couple questions on that. The repeatable quests, where does one use the currency that you get from those? Those little badge things. I've just been tossing them in my bank whenever I get one, because I can't find where they're used. And is that currency going to be the same at low levels vs. high levels? Or is there a level 60 version of repeatable quest tokens? Otherwise it seems like people would grind the lowest level easiest repeatable quest for the currency, assuming it's actually used to purchase anything worthwhile.

And on the guild quest boards, all I ever see there are the crafting quests. Does anything more interesting ever pop up there? And if so, what triggers that? I did most of the crafting stuff just for the hell of it. Seems kind of a silly way to level a craft, actually. Here's some mats, go buy a couple gold of other mats and hit craft a few times. At that point, why even go through the motions? Might as well just have a vendor that you can buy crafting levels at all in one go. But I digress. What's the deal with guild quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Now that I think of it, I think I'm not seeing anything on the guild quest board because I'm not in a guild. I am dumb. I'm stuck on the old PvE server, so no goon guild for me. And all the guilds here scare me. I don't really want to join the loli brigade.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Zaq posted:

You can transfer from PvE to PvP if you're lvl 40 or higher :toot:

Bad alt-itis. I have literally done island of dawn through at least 10 times. My highest is a mid 30s priest, so maybe I'll manage to stick with that long enough to get to the transfer point. :v:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I did a PUG for SM last night, and the Sorcerer kept running ahead and pulling things without a word. The Lancer kept getting pissed off and telling me not to heal him. Which I didn't really want to do anyway, since all the aggro ends up on me and I end up kiting a train in circles. The Sorcerer never responded to anything anyone said and just kept pulling, the Lancer got pissed and dropped group, and we were left with no tank, except an idiot sorcerer who apparently thought he was a tank. We still did the two vamp mini bosses, mostly with me kiting them in circles, but I decided to drop before the last guy. I would have been more annoyed, but it was just such a classic MMO dungeon PUG situation that I only found it amusing, having not done an MMO dungeon in a couple years.

In that situation, is there anything you can do outside of dropping group and eating the 30 minute no-dungeon-finder debuff? The rest of the group seemed oblivious and no one was talking. Does it auto-queue you to get another tank at that point, or does the leader have to do something to make that happen?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

KaneTW posted:

Honestly? Whenever I'm in a PUG I do exactly what that sorcerer did because
groups
are
so
loving
slow.

I can duo most instances with a healer, and solo some. Tanks are just a neat extra.

This isn't WoW or Rift where trash is more dangerous than the actual boss.

That's cool if you can do that, but in this situation he would just run in and pull a room full of trash, I would throw one heal out before he died, and then everything would be chasing me. Like if you can keep hate on you and I can heal you, that's fine. But if not, stop it. And at least communicate that's what you're doing. This guy didn't say anything, even when people asked him to stop.

I'm thinking that possibly having the default chat window contain about 20 different chats at once leads people to completely miss party chat in amongst global and area chat about creepy elin-related topics. Either that, or most everyone I've grouped with didn't speak english or had no typing fingers.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

Guild master turned kinda creepy today.

Other members were disturbed by his behavior and are still nice though, but I'm gonna stay on the ready to drop this if it gets too weird.

What is this, an excerpt from Rorschach's journal of his time in Tera? (comic book nerd humor, ignore me)

Also on the F2P model, I think they'll probably do OK. The store prices seem kind of terrible to me, but that seems to be par for the course for F2P games. Apparently for every hundred people like me who laugh at 10 bucks for a bunny suit for their pretty in-game princes, there is one person with way more money than sense who will buy everything at outrageous prices. So they end up making plenty of money on the few, instead of from lots of micro-transactions.

That said, the 15/mo Elite (essentially the old subscription model) isn't too bad of a deal. The daily boosters are ok, the atlas is great (although I wish it was just an account skill that went on the Elite bar instead of a book you have to play bank-trade tag with amongst your characters), the rotating mounts isn't a bad idea, and the other little perks are pretty nice. I may not pay it every month all year long, but from time to time I might consider it.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 12, 2013

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Chillyrabbit posted:

Hi,

If I buy a boxed copy how should I go about selling it? I'm planning to probably buy 1 maybe 2 boxed copies if I can get them, for goons who missed buying it before it went F2P.

SA-Mart. Or even this thread which has some people looking for keys still, I believe.

Mordaedil posted:

They have a TeamSpeak server.

I need to investigate how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Tomorrow. For now I need to sleep on this.

And that was the last thing we ever read from that poster, officer.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

garth ferengi posted:

I kind of want to try this game out but the ridiculously grossly sexualised female characters and children are, uh, offputting, to say the least.

It's the kind of thing that can lead to a massive derail, so without going into it too much: it can't hurt to give it a try. Yes, it has some weird stuff in it. But the combat system is something you won't really find elsewhere. The environments are varied and quite pretty, and the music is fairly good fantasy fare as well. There are going to be weird people, and most of the armor is actually lingerie. You either ignore it, or if it's too much you just quit. But since it is F2P now at least you don't have to invest in it to find out if it's worth putting up with the unsavory elements to get to the enjoyable game. Just turn off global chat, for the love of sanity.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Trihugger posted:

So I'm gonna bring the conversation back to this and let you know that in Tera, it's democracy rule for groups. You can vote to kick anyone out of the party, including the party leader. It was completely unnecessary for the tank to leave. If you all felt the sorc was the problem you could have kicked him out.

Does it pop up with the neutral 'A vote has been called to kick X' or calling you out with 'Player Y has started a vote to kick X'? The amount of drama saved by the former option is huge. And does the kickee get a message that they're being voted on, or do they only find out when they're booted?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Is there a wardrobe or transmuting option in Tera? So you can wear something you like the look of no matter it's level?

Yes, and it's pretty simple, no hoops to jump through. There's an NPC in the main town, go talk to them, put the stat armor up top, the looks armor at the bottom, hit the button, done.

Something that might be worth noting in the OP, to get rid of the startup movies (and an MMO having startup movies is really dumb, what is wrong with these people?) Go to your Tera folder \Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\Video and rename basically everything that starts with intro and the one that starts with Prologue to .bak or whatever and it will just load straight into the game.

No luck so far on finding a way to avoid typing in my email and password every single time I log in though. Which, in the world of keyloggers, is actually more of a security risk than just letting users save their login credentials locally.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Phosphia posted:

On a related note, do mind that lock-on skill are as they have always been. You'll get complains when playing an Elin Lancer.

Elin tank and a couple fat rear end baraka melee DPS definitely is a pain in the rear end for the priest lock on heal. Trying to explain to people not to stand between the priest and the tank would be a silly exercise in futility though.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah the racials are completely forgettable in this game. Anything that's on a 1 or 2 hour cooldown is hardly worth throwing on your bar. For the one single time that your high elf desperately needs a full mana bar RIGHT NOW you'll probably have forgotten that you have that skill anyway, because you never use it. I wish they'd gone with something more interesting, like a short mana regen per second buff that's only on a few minutes cooldown, or similar. Any long cooldown or extremely rare use skill is going to be something that gamers inevitably save for the right moment, which never comes.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

DancingShade posted:

The first twenty or so levels are pretty much a sleepwalk. Does it pick up? Yes, significantly. You've basically just seen the smash face on keyboard level of content so far.

Just wait until you fight your first BAM. With any luck you'll think its just another mob and have the surprise of your life :v:

Although to be fair, the first quest that asks you to be in a group isn't very obvious about it. The group icon is sort of tiny and incomprehensible unless you know what it's supposed to be. The first one I fought didn't seem amazingly strong or difficult, it just seemed like a pointless damage sponge. I finally gave up out of boredom and just abandoned the quest, which I've done with basically all the group quests. Having to group up to do normal mindless 'kill 5 of X' questing is not something I'm interested in at all.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Trihugger posted:

Soloing the first BAM, the Basilisk, is great experience. You can get somewhere around 25% to your next level from killing one. And killing one should take about as much time as doing a single quest, but killing Basilisks will net you more experience. Try to get a good weapon from BoL and it'll go even faster. At higher levels it isn't worth it to solo, but the Basilisks are absolutely worth it.

Not on a priest, at least, in my experience. I fought the thing for 5 minutes, saw it was still at 80% HP and said no thanks. Of course priests aren't exactly super masters of damage output. I also find it mildly annoying that of all my healing options, only two (so far at least) actually can be used on me. The self heal, and running up to stand in the regen circle. Everything else is other only. So even if I wanted to fight a long slow war of attrition and constantly heal myself, I don't really have many good options for it. But that's a digression. Soloing BAMs on a priest, doable but incredibly boring.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

You can also play it through steam and get the overlay for screenshots. You just, for some reason, have to rename the launcher to just Tera.exe and then put that in steam. For some reason using the normal launcher name doesn't work. :iiam:

Also, I seem to be finding gold accumulation quite easy, I think I'm pushing about 2k at level 37 now. Part of that may be boosts from selling various goodies that came with the elite sub that was my leftover time. Keys go for a ridiculous amount, almost certainly more than you'll get by actually using them on lockboxes.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Pretty sure the 3 keys were only claimable for a limited period as well. I thought I saw some complaining on the forums from people who didn't log in fast enough to grab them.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Alavaria posted:

Up to four letters per character per day. Seems these letters come with keys. I checked and looks like an alt on the same account will not receive letters if you already picked them up on (main)

Yeah you get them on all characters, but it's all the same letter. Once you take stuff out of it on a character, that's it. You don't get more. So it's four letters per account per day, really.

Also, is there anything one can do to avoid these supposed 'lost connection' messages that bump you out of the game entirely? Really dumb way to handle a connection loss, you would think they could do something besides entirely closing the game. And there's not even a chance to log back in immediately, you have to go back through the queue. If I weren't a founder, that would probably be enough to get me to drop the game entirely. (And no, my connection is fine, nothing else internet based loses connectivity when the game claims that it does)

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

kulanah posted:

I'm getting 5 letters per character, and my second character is also getting keys.

After delving into the official forums, it appears that the mail comes to whichever character you're on after every hour of playtime.

The genius who thought of this, when the game is already suffering from massive queue times, and didn't think of the obvious player behavior that would result from this, should be slapped with a large trout. (Log in > AFK while at work/asleep > free loot)

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

Something thats been bugging me, how do I tell if a particular piece of equipment can be upgraded or used for upgrading? Is there some text on the item I'm not understanding?

Things you can enchant will say 'enchantable' on them and have a list of bonuses at the bottom for +3 and +6 and so on. As far as I know, anything of the same type (i.e. weapon/armor) can be used as fodder as long as its the right tier. So if you want to enchant a sword that says 'tier 4' on it, you need another throw-away weapon that also says 'tier 4' on it.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

On that note, are there any speed buffs that affect mounted speed, or does that all only apply to on-foot speeds? I thought I had a nice spell with that priest out-of-combat speed buff, but then I noticed that my mounted speed stays the same either way and I took it off my bar. Since you can mount instantly when out of combat, there's pretty much zero use for a non-combat only speed buff.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sentient Toaster posted:

Blessing of Zenobia? There's a glyph that also makes it give the caster +15 move speed in combat. It is wonderful. So while you usually stay out of combat if you're just healing, you still have a nice boost if you get tagged or decide to join in.

Oh, that makes more sense. Now that I look at it, I see that the glyph doesn't specify 'in combat' like the skill does. They couldn't have made that less obvious if they tried. But that probably makes it worth using, yeah.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tarq posted:

So I decided to sub for the hell of it. But still getting a terrible queue. Logging in at 8:15PM CST on a Saturday and it is an estimated 54 min wait.

Yeah, only people who purchased the game before F2P, the 'founders', get queue priority. And even as one of those people, I think that sucks. It's all well and good to be nice to your loyal customers, but you've got to send the people actually paying a monthly fee to the front of the line if you expect them to continue paying a monthly fee. In my unasked-for opinion, the queue priority should be founder subscribers > subscribers > founders > F2P'ers.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Retro Access posted:

Who knows what it'll be, right now all the older subbers are cruising on a free month of Elite.

It'll be founders get priority, everyone else gets to wait. Unless they decide to change it at some future date, that's what it is. That was already planned out before it went F2P. The elite leftover time people are on doesn't really have anything to do with their queue times.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Fixit posted:

So I ran BoL with goons for the first time tonight and I played a lvl 20 mystic. The dungeon itself was a blast. Playing a healer/buffer though was very dull. The tank was awesome and barely took any damage. The one time he did take damage I threw out a few heals and back to normal. I kept dropping balls, throwing the "i'm bored" heals out to the dps, throw out a poison spell here and there and that was it. Felt like I was not needed and just being carried. Is that how a healer/buffer class goes in groups for Tera? OR does healing get more involved as the dungeons get harder? I have been enjoying the class solo lvling/questing, but if in groups a healer just sits in the back and doesn't do much I'd like to find a different class to play.

You had a good group, plus BoL is sort of babby's first dungeon so they don't want to smash your face in immediately. Later dungeons you'll get plenty of 'oh god everyone is at half hp and on fire what do I do' moments.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

In case people hadn't noticed it, the founder gift of fake money for the in-game store showed up a few days ago. I can't find anything worth buying with 550 funbux though. Time limited costumes and mounts are the stupidest thing. Are any of the RNG boxes worth buying? Or maybe I should just get keys and continue to throw them on the trade broker for 100g each. Although the Valentines event has kind of overflowed the market on those.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The automated dungeon finder can be terrible, but at least it exists. After playing GW2 since the pre-release betas, I have yet to touch a single dungeon there, because I refuse to stand around spamming chat trying to find a group.

Simply having an automated process that I can fire up and forget about while I go questing is such a huge thing. It's got me trying all the Tera dungeons even though I've played it much less than my many hours of GW2.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Are the dungeon quests going to continue to be side things that no one ever wants to do? Because I thought that sort of stupid quest stopped existing back before WoW's first expansion. No one ever wants to do side anything in dungeons. If doing the quests required your party to kill one extra monster and that's it, it would still never get done. Dungeon groups are always going to skip as much as possible, up to and including glitching and sneaking past things.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

gibbed posted:

The easiest example is Necromancer Tomb, every time I ran it they all skipped the central optional rooms which have quests for the mobs inside them.

That was the one that prompted me to ask, yeah. I got to the end and realized that I had finished two quests, had a few more with 2/10 monsters killed, and some completely untouched. And the dungeon before that, which I've already forgotten the name of, has a quest in it where you talk to an NPC and it apparently starts some sort of wave of monsters event. (I only found this out by looking it up after the fact) By the time I found the NPC to talk to the rest of my group was a room away and receding fast.

And the answer to 'can we get these quests done?' was 'do it without me'. Unfortunately it was the tank saying that, sooooooo... (And I'm on a priest, ain't no way I'm soloing my way through any of it without someone tanking)

Overall it's just a dumb idea to make any quest in a dungeon require work outside of the main path. Dungeon groups are going to want to kill bosses for loot and nothing else. And I can't say I blame them, really, especially if they're chain running the dungeon hoping for something to drop. Of course, why one would do that in a mid-level dungeon, I have no idea.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I made it into that empty zone as well at one time, probably the same way. Kind of a ledge path looping around outside the fence around SM. I think it's labeled Velika Wilds or something on the map. That non-water goes a long way out and you can ride your horse under it for quite a ways. Eventually you get to a map edge, if you jump off the map you fall for a while then sort of get stuck and stop, taking fall damage. It taught me that fall damage won't ever kill you in this game. You can keep mounting up and jumping further and further down. Presumably you eventually die or get ported out or crash the server or something. My dungeon finder popped so I never found out.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

Side saddles are how ladies avoid showing their lady parts. Let's just forget that when I run forward with my Castanic she's constantly flashing her panties.

I always thought it was just a way to ride while in a dress. Since the only alternative would be hiking the dress up over your hips, not exactly the ladylike option. Although since tera armor all comes from a lingerie catalog, it seems like they would be fine with any excuse to lift your skirt.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Demicol posted:

So I decided to try that out of bounds trick, there is pretty easy to spot section of the wall surrounding SM you can hop over (and you CAN get back in the normal area from a different spot). After running under water for a while, you come to a ledge where the map just seems to end. I jumped down and after spending about 3 minutes hitting jump, watching my character fall for ~15-20 seconds and repeating, I eventually landed at the bottom of the map where you cant jump or use any skills, not even summon your mount. I hit Unstuck and got sent to Cutthroat Harbor.

Well, mystery solved I guess. That's a pretty forgiving system, really. In WoW if you managed to get to the edge of the map and try to jump out, you would get stuck floating in mid air and that would be that. You'd have to get summoned out or leave the instance, if you were in one, or you'd be stuck there forever. Or if you ever fell through the world you would just fall a long way and then take massive damage and probably have to res from the spirit healer since there was no way to get back to your body.

Getting out of the map in games has always been one of my favorite silly amusements. I used to do it all the time in WoW until they fixed cliff jumping. There's always the vague sense of danger, since you know this space isn't really designed for characters to be running around in. The idea that at any second you could fall right through what appears to be solid ground keeps things interesting. I found another spot to the... east? I think? of a desert zone (wish I had a map to check right now, sorry to be vague) where I was able to get over a hill that looked like it led to another big empty zone. I didn't have time to fool with it then, but I may go back and give it a try later.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Thievery posted:

If I ever made an MMO, i'd make it so if you were roaming an area you shouldn't be able to get to, there's just horrific creatures that will come out of the ground/ocean and eat your character.

Every time i'm in a zone with nothing in I feel like this is about to happen. It's something about being where you're not meant to be, and as a newbie to TERA, I didn't know if it was a common thing or not.

How amazing would it be to just have the ground explode around you as your character gets snared, and the creepiest, most terrifying thing you can think of emerges, moves slowly towards you, wraps it's arms around you and pulls you into it's mouth. That would freak me the gently caress out haha.

It should only happen 1/10000 times and as it happens an ominous voice should whisper 'no one will ever believe you...'

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

tearshed posted:

Jeez, I had the same exact thing in world of warcraft. Those oceans are REALLY deep. It's terrifying.

Thank god you can't go underwater in tera.

In Guild Wars 2, some of the zones are surrounded by water and although normally going too far just runs you into an invisible wall, in some areas if you swim too far out and go down just a foot or two it starts getting very dark very quickly. I've never really had any kind of phobia about dark or water, but that just creeps me the hell out.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I haven't used the atlas yet, is it "per account" or do you only get one bound to one character?

A little of both. You get one bound to your account, and you can swap it around through the bank. So any of your characters can use it, but it's mildly inconvenient to bank it and withdraw it if you swap characters a lot. Why they didn't just put it on the elite bar as an ability like the elite mount, I have no idea.

I've got another few weeks of elite status left since I bought the game, with one month of sub time, just before the F2P switch. I'm kind of waffling on whether or not to pay for another month. I don't even have a 60 yet, so I'm not even seeing most of the benefits. But that atlas is great, the boosters are great, and seeing no charge every time I want to drop something on the trade broker is really great.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm level 28 and starting to get into crafting in Velika. I'm going through the crafting quests, but are there just no crafting quests at all for Alchemy? It's the only one I really want to do so I can make myself Potions!

There are, you should be able to get them at the guild quest board just like any of the others. However, for some reason the alchemy quests all seem to use the most expensive reagent for each tier, instead of using the cheaper ones and stepping up with each new tier. Probably a bug. Just remember you only have to craft 9 things to get the 50 points you need for the next tier of quest, then just abandon the quest and go back to the board to get the next level. For some reason the crafting quests still presume the old style where you only got 2 points per craft instead of 6 points.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah after the first bunch I started only crafting 10 items.

I'm at the guild quest board right now and it's completely empty. I abandoned the Lv10 quests I had done for other things. If I had accidentally taken an alchemy quests ages ago and abandoned it by mistake, is it gone forever?

Shouldn't be, it should show back up. But you have to be a certain level to get them. If you're already at 50 or 100 of a crafting skill you might not be a high enough level for the next tier to show up. I don't recall where it breaks down, I want to say it's like level 15, 25, 35, etc. maybe?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Those are the levels I think, but my Alchemy skill is at level 1 right now!

I think you might need to go talk to the guy by the flight path in Velika. If I recall right, you get the guild board quest, then turn it in to him and get a new quest which also provides you the box of mats. So you might actually be on that step of the quest which is why the board would be blank.

And now that I think of it, the Alchemy one was even weirder. It has you go talk to some people in one of those streets in Velika that no one ever has a reason to go to. There's a group of merchants sitting around a cart somewhere, if I recall right. And then I think they send you to go talk to someone in... Lumbertown? Crescentia? So your point to pick it back up could be in any one of those places. I don't know why alchemy is weird like that.

Edit: Oh, well, it will remain a mystery for the ages then.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I think the last 3 or so lockboxes I've opened with leftover keys have all been valiant potions. I think that's the most 'haha you lose' item you can get out of those boxes. I don't know why you would ever spend actual money on keys for these things.

Also, this no-pvp in lumbertown is the most enjoyable troll I've seen in a while. Please keep wringing out those tears.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

If it were possible to get friendly guilds voted in for every region and turn off PvP everywhere, even just for a day, that would be glorious. The forums would probably melt down under the rage tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

minibeasts posted:

What exactly makes mystics hard to level? I'm level 21 and haven't really encountered any glaring issues.

I think it's just the fact that it starts taking ages to kill anything after a while. Priests suffer from it a bit as well. It's not that you can't do the basic quests, it's just that it's going to take you longer than the other classes. Also, I'm not sure if mystics suffer from the same problem or not, but on a priest your damage options are highly limited and your solo rotation ends up just being the same couple of spells over and over. It's just boring. Also, you have no chance to solo any BAMs unless you want to spend literally about 45 minutes doing it.

• Locked thread