Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Flush, the sound of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

RBC posted:

this is literally how the us housing crash happened. i guess its less bad on a small scale with cars

John Oliver just did a show on it this week.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

One of these bastard services had better carry The Grand Tour or I'll cut a bitch.

You think Amazon is going to even think about letting that happen?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, $10000 a day fine on empty homes in Vancouver.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

JawKnee posted:

you really got my hopes up, but it's 10k/year unless you, for some reason, lie

Well, yeah, I'm betting the catch a few though.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Vancouver's Housing Market Has Seen 42% Of Its Money Vanish

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

"citizens" seems like maybe the wrong word.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

cowofwar posted:

Pretty sure a disturbingly large proportion of people in BC work in real estate in one or another. Gonna need a lot of naloxone kits for when the bubble pops.

But think of all the real estate that'll free up!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You don't have to go to Atlantic Canada to find houses that cheap, just poke around Belleville or North Bay.

I think he/she already lives there, based on him/her saying it was a 15 minute bike ride to his/hers job. Or should we all move to Belleville and/or North bay?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You know what happens when you make assumptions right?

Yeah, you are an rear end.

Edit:. Seriously, that neighbourhood is becoming kinda hip, but boy are some of those old shacks in bad shape.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

asinus nosce te ipsum

Hey, we speak the English 'round here, you some sort of communist?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Until recently Propeller beer was just as cheap as Coors Light and Bud Light, then the NSLC bumped prices and somehow it's more expensive, but still a better deal than most.

There are a few other crafts that are cheap (but still expensive compared to other provinces).

I have buddies in the city who just stop by Propeller every day or two to fill up their growlers, I wish I could do that :(

I keep meaning to get down to the Alderney Saturday market and get some Smokey the Beer by Brightwood Brewery. It is so good. I never seem to get down there though. I hit up North Brewing at Battery Park regularly though. Oh poo poo, beer chat. gently caress.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Right now I'm drinking a Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider :getin:

I haven't tried that, I stick to the local stuff. Actually I'm off the cider lately. gently caress, drink chat again!

Content: THE WIFE and I were dining in Halifax the other day, and we overheard someone commenting on how they were considering moving here due to the affordability of living in Halifax. Must be independently wealthy or something since the job market is poo poo.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Postess with the Mostest posted:

As cheap as Coors Light? I had to buy some for my inlaws and I thought the guy made a mistake, http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/coors-light/906628 That poo poo is top dollar. A small coors is more than a big lowenbrau. I don't get it. 2.15 for a small coors, 2.60 for a tall craft (from the brewery). It's mental.

LCBO Vs NSLC. I think we pay around a buck and a half for Coors, Budweiser, and Bud light. If you are buying by the 30 pack that is. Actually I think it's up to 1.75 or so now.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Butcher posted:

Yeah there has still never been anyone in Canada nailed for this poo poo unless they were doing something crazy like running their own site.

Oh no you get a shittigram about please don't torrent GOT S04E18, the horror.

Well in my case the emails go to MY WIFE, and she doesn't need to know my pr0n consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just remember that Waye Mason is a massive douch.