Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

poptart_fairy posted:

Want to punch that first girl in the mouth. That second one, though? Holy poo poo the :smug: is just perfect.

The human females eyes are so wide they almost run off their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

pertinent posted:

My beta signup confirmation mail was from August 2011, and I've yet to receive such an invitation. Hm..

Same. This game is taking it's sweet time to get here.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Invite everyone who signed up for beta in 2011 :smith:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Failboattootoot posted:

B&S got pushed back to 2014 and that is aggravating.

I still fail to understand how it takes a year plus to port something. I'd understand a delay of a few months so they could port a version with patches and have a smoother launch but they keep taking a year or more. Aion, Tera, Blade and Soul, ArcheAge, Phantasy Star Online 2...

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

:smithicide:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I am not going to comment again on how long ago I signed up and then they silently threw away beta applications :colbert:

Have there been any big giveaways? The one that developer posted only had about 15 keys for each site which got given away randomly or in competitions.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Every kill monster quest requires five times as many monsters as it should and it's really not fun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It is only for a weekend and I think most or all of us old signups got invited to last weekend.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is the game missing a ton of sound? It's so quiet if you turn the music off. Footsteps are barely audible, jumping makes the slighest sound, hoverboards are silent. Walk into Gallows which has a ton of NPCs and vendors and there is no more sound than the background wind and birds. Your player character never makes a sound and from a quick test neither do humanoid NPCs.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

TyrantWD posted:

a half baked product that could have used another 3 months of development time

This is the story of every MMO released in the last ten years. They are always too eager to get them out and they need months more of polish and attention to really make them good at release.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Kevlar Beard posted:

I did the mmorpg.com thing too, but had no luck.

I really wanted to see what the game is like so far, oh well.

You might be happier to see it after they have updated the UI, buffed some of the classes and fixed town NPCs being 20 feet in the air/buried under ground!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Wet Fifty posted:

4 hours of questing today. I got 1 level. Gah.

I think it's the class TTK and the number of people in an area that can turn this game from ok to a drag. Playing a stalker and it's not too busy? Great. Playing an engineer and it's packed? :suicide:

Having a crap time killing mobs gets you stuck up on the excessively long bear killing quests. Wildstar quest designers: More group events. They were fun in Rift, Guild Wars 2 did them better, except for balance. Why is there maybe one a zone here?

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This network error simulator is not enjoyable :(

• Locked thread