Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's because the link on his G+ is this: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?discount=89172

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How We Came to Live Here sounds super interesting. Anyone had a chance to play it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really like this "here are a bunch of games sharing the same system" model that they've been adopting with the FATE bundle and now this one. I hope they end up doing more bundles in that vein.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
$15 for GSS and Magicians is a great deal, but it would involve owning Maid. :negative:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

KirbyJ posted:

Continuing their week of free core books (apparently), OPP has provided Dark Ages: Vampire for free today only!

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/2676/Dark-Ages-Vampire

What was day 1, out of curiosity?

e; vvv :laffo:

Thanks.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 1, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Someone sell me on Apotheosis Drive X, Our Last Best Hope, Part-Time Gods and Motobushido, please.

e; gently caress it, pulled the trigger. I had some DTRPG credit left.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 7, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
All the books are CC-BY licensed which means you can legally download all of them for free, but you should still give Posthuman money.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That copy-writer should be terminated for failing to show the correct amount of love and happiness when talking about Friend Computer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homullus posted:

Paranoia is practically a single-player game (the GM is the only one really playing the whole time, everyone else's agency is illusory)

Not really?

Also, it's the only RPG where I'd recommend you ignore the system almost entirely and just use something like coinflip resolution (or d6 with 4+ being a success and PC abilities giving +1/-1) so you can treat it as improv comedy instead of a serious game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Huh...that looks like it'd work pretty well for PbP gaming.

It was literally invented for PbEM/PbP, so yes!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Guess I can post this here as well, it might be of interest to some people:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Heads-up if you're in the UK: Amazon's Black Friday stuff has started and some X-wing stuff is on flash sale today. The transport was down to £20 and the E-wing was £6.50 but both sold out (:(). The Phantom and Defender are also getting discounted later on today (at 1:50pm for the Phantom and 2:50pm for the Defender).

e; Tantive discounted at 8:50pm. Might be more but the upcoming deals thing only goes 12 hours.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can someone sell me on the Dungeon World books? I'm particularly interested if the new classes are any good.

The Metzger adventures are good, Dungeon Planet and Class Warfare are okay. His player content isn't particularly great, but it's not terrible either. If you're looking for really good new classes, go get the Initiate, the Gladiator and the goon-made Slayer (not the Grim World one) instead.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just be aware that if you go into Pathfinder expecting anything other than 3.5 with a few of the smaller rough edges filed down, you'll end up disappointed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I thought only the core book was CC.

No, every book they've published is BY-NC-SA, and they distribute them freely on their website.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Dragon Age is a bad d20 game that isn't even fully out yet (they're releasing a core book for each slice of levels, the first two books cover 1-5 and 6-10) despite the first book getting released four and a half years ago, and should be avoided. Mechanically, it's exactly everything you'd expect from the rash of lovely d20 games released in the early 00s. Plus, until the second book's release ~6 months ago you couldn't even be a Grey Warden.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 9, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DigitalRaven posted:

This is all cobblers. It doesn't use a d20 (3d6 all the way) or any of the d20 inherited bullshit like AC or BAB. Set 2 has been out for four years, and that's the one that allows Gray Wardens. Set 3 was delayed until June last year, but it's now a complete line.

Huh, alright. I'm not sure what game I was thinking of, then. There was definitely a terrible d20 Dragon Age game kicking around back when Green Ronin released their first set.

e; might have gotten it completely mixed up with the d20 Game of Thrones RPG that exists, since Green Ronin publish the non-d20 version. :shrug:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 9, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's a lot of bad stuff, but also WWWRPG is already 30% off: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/143434/The-World-Wide-Wrestling-Roleplaying-Game?filters=0_0_0_0_0_31817

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e; whoops, quote is not edit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Covok posted:

I think this is a redue because I feel certain that I bought this before.

They've been reruns for the last six months at least.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

All this month, DriveThru's having a sale on sci-fi games across the board, because it's apparently Sci-Fi Month.

Probably because today is Put Star Wars-Branded Tat On Sale Day.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lone Wolf for £17. :stare:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wolfsheim is on the Halloween sale page (get to it from the sidebar link, the main page banner doesn't work).

e; Pendragon 1E is on the Free Stuff page.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

InShaneee posted:

I'm hoping we eventually get to the day where DTRPG credits are as ubiquitous as Steam keys. IIRC, Better Angels KS backers got the PDF via dropbox.

For that to happen, DTRPG would have to make the process of crediting PDFs to accounts something that isn't a Sisyphean uphill struggle.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Drone posted:

Isn't there a new edition of DW coming out really soon? Or am I thinking of Apocalypse World?

You're thinking of Apocalypse World.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

:siren: Feng Shui 2 is currently on sale for $10 until the 21st.

Everyone should buy Feng Shui 2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mikeycp posted:

How does Feng Shui 2 differ from the first edition?

Massively streamlined, much better designed. It's a marked improvement.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 14, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Darker Dungeons has ascending AC/BAB among other things, so definitely use that one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That is extremely my thing and I am downloading it now. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/OneRing2016

$15 for one of the best RPGs ever written.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
SotDL is a far better game than 13A, anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Holy gently caress how are there 120+ supplements for this game.

Also, they normally add titles to sweeten the deal, no?

A lot of them are like, $2 for a 15-page mini-supplement. His business model is pretty good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's 5th the good Ars edition? I seen to recall one of the editions wasn't great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
These are just hosted on humble's CDN, right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

Yea no Drivethru downloads or anything it seems, but they're good quality bookmarked and all

That's actually a plus, because DTRPG's servers suck. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I got the bundle and then used the coupon to get the TOR Companion, and only then did I realise I also wanted to get the map set and could have saved £6 off that. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The One Ring is literally one of the best games ever written and $15 for the entire line is a loving steal.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bieeanshee posted:

$35 shipping. Yeah, I think not.

You can thank the American Republican party for this. :thumbsup:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I guess they must be planning a second edition of all their games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

neonchameleon posted:

L5R $25 down from $50

This is just the normal way FFG sell PDF copies of their physical games, where they list the physical price and the PDF as "discounted" from that. IIRC its normal price is $25, so it's not actually discounted at all.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Pretty sure that's standard DTRPG policy for games with physical versions, not the L5R people specifically doing it.

Nope! Standard DTRPG policy just lists the PDF as normal:

You have to specifically go out of your way to configure it the way FFG does, not that they're the only ones who do this.